Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 10:09 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,675,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
This is a perfect example of how speech in America isn't really free. In reality, speech can be very costly.
No...Being stupid does have consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 12:25 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Who cares? That's his opinion and that's the beauty of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech isn't always going to make people comfortable, freedom of speech isn't always going to make people happy, it may offend and angry people, it's supposed to open up a topic of debate, create conversation, ideas, thoughts. When you take that freedom of speech away from a particular group of people, then it becomes fascism. I am a liberal or at least align myself with liberal thoughts (with some conservative ideas when it comes to guns) but the liberal agenda is no more liberal. It's the regressive left, they've gotten so drunk with power that they're becoming the same people who used to complain about being oppressed by. It's like the regressive left has a chip on their shoulder and want to oppress those they've felt oppress by. Disgusting.
Free speech does not always apply in the workplace. You publically talk bad against your boss or fellow employees there is a good chance you get terminated.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:34 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Again, Curt Schilling is a good man. He was a great baseball player, a hard nosed gamer. He's been a winner at every stage of his life.

This is absolute BS and does not change my opinion of the man. Anyone who changes their opinion on Schilling over this is a spineless turd.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Trolls going to troll. Move along now.
You posted a personal attack with a hyperlink. Both TOS violations... I'm I suppose to move along so you can troll?

Or is this like trump and hillary calling everyone else liars?

Old 05-16-2016, 02:21 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Again, Curt Schilling is a good man. He was a great baseball player, a hard nosed gamer. He's been a winner at every stage of his life.

This is absolute BS and does not change my opinion of the man. Anyone who changes their opinion on Schilling over this is a spineless turd.
No doubt Curt Schilling was a great competitor, one of the best post season pitchers ever, but my opinion of him changed back in 1993 due to the way he conducted himself during the NL Championship Series. Curt has a history since then of running his mouth and does not have many freinds from within baseball, from the front offices right down to former team mates.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:30 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Absolutely.

And anyone who thinks this is a first amendment issue really doesn't understand the first amendment.

Bingo. Couldn't rep you again, yet.

When you are an on-air "personality" for a major broadcasting company, your comments - even "off the clock" - are VERY often associated with your employer. Rightly or wrongly, that's reality.

I'm sure ESPN has employee policies around this kind of thing - almost every big company does.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:57 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
No doubt Curt Schilling was a great competitor, one of the best post season pitchers ever, but my opinion of him changed back in 1993 due to the way he conducted himself during the NL Championship Series. Curt has a history since then of running his mouth and does not have many freinds from within baseball, from the front offices right down to former team mates.
Yep. There's a saying that you can like Sinatra's music without liking Sinatra the man.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Schilling is a loudmouthed conservative fraud who has a history of his arse writing checks his mouth can't cash (Just ask Rhode Island)

Schilling is not denied his own free speech, he is free to make as many derogatory posts on his FB and Twitter accounts that he wants to. As far as I know, he now has all day to do it.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:42 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
OH BOY. A liberal Muslim sympathizer, no surprise. By the way, Muslims LOVED the Nazi's because the Nazi's hated Jews. And (radical) Muslims hate Jews and anyone else who aren't Muslim, so yeah, they are Nazi's. They DO NOT promote the things you love about being a liberal. LGBT rights? NOPE. Women's rights? NOPE. Having opposing views of Islam? NOPE. I bet you would love to house a group of ISIS members over Schilling.
That's quite possibly the silliest, most illogical, and utterly incomprehensible gibberish in this entire thread. The fact that I consider Curt Schilling a loudmouthed bigot does not mean that I am a "muslim sympathizer" (whatever the hell that even is), much less that I want to invite ISIS over for dinner.

Your whole post is crazed, nonsensical rantings and ramblings. Is your thinking that crazily irrational on every topic, or is just something about muslims that makes you incoherent?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:46 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

I doubt anyone changed their opinion on the jerk, because most people on Planet Earth already couldn't stand him. "A good man?" That's the best laugh I've had all night. Everywhere he went in baseball he left behind him a long trail of people who couldn't stand him and weren't the least bit shy about telling everyone who'd listen what a terrible human being he was. I followed baseball very closely for many years, and you're probably the first person I've ever seen call that reptile a "good man."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies