Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 07:01 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A federal judge has put a smack down on the Obama Justice Department by upholding sweeping North Carolina voter ID laws in a decision handed down late Monday night. The Justice Department and the North Carolina NAACP argued that the law was designed to suppress minority votes but Judge Thomas D. Schroeder rejected those claims and said the law served a “legitimate state interest” in its effort to “detect and deter fraud."
Link: Federal judge delivers huge win for voter ID laws « Hot Air

It just got harder for the Democrats to steal North Carolina by cheating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 07:03 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Link: Federal judge delivers huge win for voter ID laws « Hot Air

It just got harder for the Democrats to steal North Carolina by cheating.
How exactly did Democrats cheat, or would have cheated ????

Old 04-26-2016, 07:06 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How exactly did Democrats cheat, or would have cheated ????
You never have divulged the DNC's methods, but we're willing to listen. There is zero doubt it happens, just ask ACORN.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You never have divulged the DNC's methods, but we're willing to listen. There is zero doubt it happens, just ask ACORN.
Well ACORN hasnt existed for years and was innocent , so you are wrong on 2 fronts.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:41 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Ah, Acorn. The Westboro Baptist Church of the voting world.

Old 04-26-2016, 03:11 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Well ACORN hasn't existed for years and was innocent , so you are wrong on 2 fronts.
"Oh we're innocent! And besides, the problem hasn't been all that serious for years now."

Reminds me of this gem from the Monty Python's cannibalism skit:

Quote:
Dear Sir,

I am glad to hear that your studio audience disapproves of the last skit as strongly as I.

As a naval officer, I abhor the implication that the Royal Navy is a haven for cannibalism. It is well known that we now have the problem relatively under control and that it is the RAF (Royal Air Force) that now suffer the largest casualties in this area.

Yours etc, Captain BJ Smetheg in a white whine sauce with shallots, mushrooms and garlic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFDgSKbapzY

Old 04-26-2016, 03:57 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
I will never understand the rationale that requiring an ID to vote is somehow suppressing minorities.

How anyone can get through life without a gov't issued ID is probably a bigger concern. Why don't these people have ID? what are they hiding, or are they truly "off the grid" and live like people did in the 1800's?

Old 04-26-2016, 04:12 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Well ACORN hasnt existed for years and was innocent , so you are wrong on 2 fronts.
So was zimmerman....and yet people don't care about what courts have said....

Old 04-26-2016, 04:19 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I will never understand the rationale that requiring an ID to vote is somehow suppressing minorities.

How anyone can get through life without a gov't issued ID is probably a bigger concern. Why don't these people have ID? what are they hiding, or are they truly "off the grid" and live like people did in the 1800's?

If money were equally distributed, everyone could get ID. Since money is not equally distributed, many people can afford ID and some cannot. I paid $63 to get my valid picture ID (and was unable to afford it for an extended time), it's not as if it is free. Note that expired picture ID is not accepted for voting. How does not allowing expired ID prevent fraud? Does your identity expire when your ID does?

Old 04-26-2016, 04:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If money were equally distributed, everyone could get ID. Since money is not equally distributed, many people can afford ID and some cannot. I paid $63 to get my valid picture ID (and was unable to afford it for an extended time), it's not as if it is free. Note that expired picture ID is not accepted for voting. How does not allowing expired ID prevent fraud? Does your identity expire when your ID does?
There is no fee charged for a North Carolina ID Card for an individual registered to vote in North Carolina who does not have acceptable photo identification under N.C. General Statute 163-166.13.

NCDOT: Non-operator ID cards, Voter ID, and No-Fee ID Cards

No worries, anytime bro...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies