Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:11 AM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Actually, it was a problem. And is an increasingly occurring problem that federal courts are just recently beginning to deal with.

Just last year, for example, a federal court upheld the EXPULSION of a PA state university FTM trans student who was still anatomically female for using the multiple occupancy men's restrooms/locker/shower rooms. It was the male students who complained about her presence in their facilities:

http://www.utimes.pitt.edu/documents...tonOpinion.pdf

How can so many people be so completely ignorant of the problems involved on this issue? /SMH
So the majority must put aside their personal feelings for the sake of those who choose to look and dress in ways of the opposite sex? The cases of one being biologically truly transgender is extremely rare. What passes as transgender today are some people who "feel" they are more the opposite sex than what they biologically are. They choose to dress and look more like the opposite sex to the point of demanding the use of restroom facilities for that sex. How one dresses, styles their hair, and whether or not they wear make-up is a conscious choice. Before pulling the "transgender" card, one should seek counseling to help them determine if this is truly a case of transgender or a case of some traumatic event that imprinted upon his or her mind causing them to feel this way.

If a man feels he's a woman he can dress like most other women and have jeans, khakis, or slacks; button down shirt, and long hair and still have no problem using the men's room. If a woman feels she's a man, well there are plenty of women who dress masculine and feel free to use the women's restrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 10:08 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
I think American Hollywood/Entertainment stars, like all Americans, should be primarily concerned with what goes on in our own country than those around the world.

Also, I bet Bruce does more concerts in America than any other country in the world, so it makes sense he and others would be concerned with their own country.

I think it is odd that conservatives try to spin like all "liberals" (and FWIW, I'm not a liberal) should be concerned with gay rights in other countries. It really doesn't make any sense. I like Bruce but when has he done concerts in any of the countries on the list and has he done any since saying he wouldn't do one in NC?

Americans in general don't like other Americans to be discriminated against on a wide scale. I am fine with not have LGBT persons be a "protected class" and I am fine with not having any specific laws about them in particular, but it does bother me that some states want to legalize discrimination against them in some form or fashion. Legalized discrimination is so 1900s IMO and unlike a lot of the countries on the link, we need to move beyond that sort of thing in the USA.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Flash - Egypt jails 11 men accused of homosexuality - France 24

The linked article has a very informative map showing where being homosexual is illegal or illegal with death sentence. Some of those countries are where some liberal celebrities perform or visit on some trip. But they won't go to certain states here in USA.
Did you notice the number of countries with active Sodomy Laws that are not Muslim majority?

Eleven of them are in the Caribbean, in North America.

Many of these countries allow for " correcting rape" of women who are thought to be Lesbian.

All US states had Sodomy Laws up to the early 60's and imposed lengthy prison time and hard labor on offenders.

In 1779, Thomas Jefferson wrote a new Sodomy Law for Virgina that sought to impose Castration as punishment on those who engaged in Sodomy. It was considered a very liberal law at the time, given the existing laws called for death.

As it relates to liberal celebrities, I was not aware that all were boycotting certain states in the US.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:47 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Funny how a lot of those countries are fine with same sex Pedophilia but not consenting adults.
Pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Maybe the liberal celebrities have greater concern when things happen at home? Ever consider that?

If a mother sees someone else's children being obnoxious she probably won't say anything. But if she sees her kids doing the same, she would put down the hammer.

Think about that.
Think about what? Do you go around punishing other people's kids? The hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think American Hollywood/Entertainment stars, like all Americans, should be primarily concerned with what goes on in our own country than those around the world.

Also, I bet Bruce does more concerts in America than any other country in the world, so it makes sense he and others would be concerned with their own country.

I think it is odd that conservatives try to spin like all "liberals" (and FWIW, I'm not a liberal) should be concerned with gay rights in other countries. It really doesn't make any sense. I like Bruce but when has he done concerts in any of the countries on the list and has he done any since saying he wouldn't do one in NC?

Americans in general don't like other Americans to be discriminated against on a wide scale. I am fine with not have LGBT persons be a "protected class" and I am fine with not having any specific laws about them in particular, but it does bother me that some states want to legalize discrimination against them in some form or fashion. Legalized discrimination is so 1900s IMO and unlike a lot of the countries on the link, we need to move beyond that sort of thing in the USA.
Let's ignore Bruce Springsteen. What about Bryan Adams, who just got back from Egypt last month but cancelled his show in MS because of LGBT rights?

Bryan Adams cancels Mississippi concert over new “anti-gay” law after playing Egypt last month « Hot Air

Old 05-01-2016, 01:44 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Think about what? Do you go around punishing other people's kids? The hell?
That was exactly the point.

Why do you expect our entertainers to go around boycotting other countries' policy then?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:55 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That was exactly the point.

Why do you expect our entertainers to go around boycotting other countries' policy then?
Bad comparison. Nobody is getting money when a child gets disciplined. I guarantee those artists get paid a hell of a lot more for performing overseas. So at the end of the day, it all boils down to greed. How else could you legitimately justify performing in a country that literally kills or maims people for being homosexual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies