Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 10:02 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Isn't this an example of what some folks said they wished would have happened in that black church ... someone on the inside who was packin? Well here it is folks, and like they say "be careful what you wish for ... you may get it".

Since the packer hasn't been arrested yet, looks like we get a few more headlines.

El Nox
How's this anything like what happen in Charleston? Apples and oranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Okay. Religion and weapons go together like ISIS and the nuclear bomb. Better?
Ignorance is in abundance today.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:27 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
http://6abc.com/news/man-killed-in-n...-idd-/1306937/

This happened close to where I work.
SMH!
If it is illegal to bring a gun into a workplace, it should also be illegal for bringing it up to worship places.
It has been stated earlier that it is not illegal to bring a gun into a workplace. I bring one to other people's place of business all of the time. I have been in a handful of retail establishments where the employees are armed.

MS passed 3 new guns laws last week.
1. People are no longer required to register suppressors with the Department of Safety.
2. Constitutional carry of concealed weapons.
3. Allow churches to determine if they want members of their congregation to carry.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:30 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
Happened just minutes from my childhood house where my parents still live. I grew up with the deceased's family and friends. It seems as if the shooter was an off-duty police officer.

I just don't see any way there could be a shooting of an unarmed person at a church where the shooter is not charged. Even if there is a fight, it doesn't give someone the right to take out a weapon and fire into someone's chest. I have been very pro-police in almost every national situation that has come to light over the last year, but I don't see how someone is just released after shooting someone at church if they were not a police officer.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:08 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Happened just minutes from my childhood house where my parents still live. I grew up with the deceased's family and friends. It seems as if the shooter was an off-duty police officer.

I just don't see any way there could be a shooting of an unarmed person at a church where the shooter is not charged. Even if there is a fight, it doesn't give someone the right to take out a weapon and fire into someone's chest. I have been very pro-police in almost every national situation that has come to light over the last year, but I don't see how someone is just released after shooting someone at church if they were not a police officer.
If you try to overpower an officer and take their gun they actually DO have the right to shoot you.

How about we all wait until the facts of the case come out, we don't know if the suspect was armed or not as the article mentions one guys saying "they didn't think he was armed".

Could turn out that the officer was completely in the wrong or completely justified none of us can tell given the information provided.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:11 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Guns and God is like gasoline and a match!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deacon...ustice#History

You might find this article informative.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:12 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
How's this anything like what happen in Charleston? Apples and oranges.
Not so. Had someone been packin in Charleston maybe some lives could have been saved.

El Nox

Old 04-26-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Not so. Had someone been packin in Charleston maybe some lives could have been saved.

El Nox
In theory - sure. But this incident doesn't involve a psychopath storming into a church and shooting everyone. This involved two individual people - one who legally had a gun and the other who didn't. Beyond the fact the unarmed guy is dead, there's no other real details yet to be released for anyone to speculate what really transpired at this church.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:25 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Guns and God is like gasoline and a match!
For one religion more than another. and that religion gets a pass as defenders say it doesn't represent that religion.....

Who said the shooting had to do anything with religion?

If you are going to pull a gun in church or anyplace else, the problem society has is not the gun but the batshoot crazy perp. If a cop shot someone, either he had a good reason if he was conscious enough to listen to the news over thya past few years and how cops are persecuted long before they are ever prosecuted.... or he was batshat crazy.

Duh, make a law that says it is illegal to harm anyone with any weapon!

I'm sure the crazy and the gangs will take heed and obey just as if a law was passed that says you can't take a gun into a church, school, bar, sauna or golf course.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
the problem society has is not the gun but the batshoot crazy perp. If a cop shot someone, either he had a good reason if he was conscious enough to listen to the news over thya past few years and how cops are persecuted long before they are ever prosecuted.... or he was batshat crazy.

Pretty much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies