Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:18 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,436,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I always laugh when career politicians make statements like they are outside of all the problems (that they helped create)
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
All the candidates use the same ink to paint a rosy picture of the future only they can deliver.

Agreed.

[]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 05:23 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I was just listening to one of the democratic candidate's victory speech and she made it sound like everything in this country is god awful. This is bad, that is bad, people don't have a fair chance, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, women not being treated as fair as men in the workplace, people's income down, people's hopes for the future down, people's trust in national security down, etc etc etc.

Then she kept saying that if she and her side are elected, all these things will be addressed and corrected.

Okay, I am a "No Party Affiliation" voter as I cannot stand either party and I think we would be better off if people had to vote for candidates without party ID's, just for the person themselves.

I do not claim to be the brightest bulb in the box, BUT, if she is saying everything stinks now and she and her party will fix it if elected..........well, ummmm......haven't they been the one's in charge the last 7.5 years, at least the main man? And they had both the House & Senate for years, plus a super majority for a period with the (I's) that go with them.

So what am I missing with what she is saying? Is she actually really saying that Obama and the people he put in place did a horrible job or did she forget what party she is in?

This is crazy. How can you possible say to someone "The democrats screwed everything up, so elect democrats and we will fix it". That does not make sense, unless she is trying to stick a knife in Obama's back. I know they can't stand each other, but WOW!

If women want to be treated as equal, and this rubs me the wrong way....then don't expect to have more then men do.,..for instance, if you decide to work a full time job, and then have a baby, but want more medical leave for having a baby, something is wrong here....that certainly isn't equal, not to mention, a big burden on your fellow workers who have to also do your job while your gone. Plus the company cannot hire another person to do your job...or if they hire a temp, then your job must be waiting for you when you come back.?

I work with a lot of women, who get away with not showing up for work a lot.

And yes, she is really screwed up...she's got the majority of women voters backing her, and yet, she is more corrupt then any politician I know that's been in Washington for years now. She has ruined people's lives, or should I say, changed them for the worse, and then, to top it off, is and has killed several people. Why in the world someone would even contemplate voting for her is beyond me.

However, if you ask people why they are voting for her, especially women, they don't know? They are voting for her, b/c she is a woman, period.

Sucks big time.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:24 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Demonstrably correct. Many folks still feel government is the problem, no matter which party &/or person with whom they most closely identify. Some folks have identified the perceived unwillingness to lead toward meaningful compromise in solving or resolving the most important issues of the present day as, well, problematic. The earliest designers of our government faced many, albeit not the exact same, however still important & very challenging issues. Somehow, the 'will to become' overcame some of those very large obstacles. Albert Einstein said something like, 'It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer. If government is indeed the problem, is then 'throwing out the baby with the bathwater' the solution?
They are the problem however, what people fail to see, is that they (the government) depend on uninformed voters.

Uninformed people, allow government to cheat and lie, and rob us.

for instance, here are a few examples....

any employee that thinks and believes, it's ok to spend money, go out for elaborate lunches, on the boss's money, there is something wrong.

any employee, who feels it's ok to take elaborate vacations, charging it up on the boss's credit card, is wrong.

I've seen this happening my entire life? Talk about entitlements? I've seen Presidents, use Air Force One for Personal flights

And how bout the Presidential parties, who pays for that? How bout the Inaugural Ball?

This has got to stop....! We are their boss, we pay for all that extravagance, and America is broke.

The same with Wall street, talk about extravagance, and all their strip club parties....

This has got to stop...period.....

Stop giving our money away to people who leach off American Taxpayers money

I watched a video yesterday, of a Run. At different points of that run, they had stocked cases of water, for the runners....do you know people came in and started stealing all that water....pathetic....this is exactly what our leaders have caused.

It is time, each and ever person who wants to live in America, do their fair share of working and giving back, paying taxes, etc.

We are not setting good examples for our children....and we need to.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 04-27-2016 at 06:48 AM..

Old 04-27-2016, 05:31 AM

23,441 posts, read 17,113,855 times
Quote:
I was just listening to one of the democratic candidate's victory speech and she made it sound like everything in this country is god awful. This is bad, that is bad, people don't have a fair chance, rich getting richer, poor getting poorer, women not being treated as fair as men in the workplace, people's income down, people's hopes for the future down, people's trust in national security down, etc etc etc.

Then she kept saying that if she and her side are elected, all these things will be addressed and corrected.

Okay, I am a "No Party Affiliation" voter as I cannot stand either party and I think we would be better off if people had to vote for candidates without party ID's, just for the person themselves.

I do not claim to be the brightest bulb in the box, BUT, if she is saying everything stinks now and she and her party will fix it if elected..........well, ummmm......haven't they been the one's in charge the last 7.5 years, at least the main man? And they had both the House & Senate for years, plus a super majority for a period with the (I's) that go with them.

So what am I missing with what she is saying? Is she actually really saying that Obama and the people he put in place did a horrible job or did she forget what party she is in?

This is crazy. How can you possible say to someone "The democrats screwed everything up, so elect democrats and we will fix it". That does not make sense, unless she is trying to stick a knife in Obama's back. I know they can't stand each other, but WOW!
Hillary threw obama under the bus with her claim to fix all these problems obama claims are fixed as he ticks off the legacy accomplishment lists. the economy is great, UE rate lowest in years, green energy jobs all over the place, every family saving 2,500$$ from obamacare. Well, there is always the repub and bill clinton war on women. First order would be to punish rutgers for dismissing condi rice from speaking at a commencement.

Hillary picked up the wrong speech and used the one she wrote when immersed deep in a prescription med induced state of euphoria from two tabs of Ambien and a glass of nyquil.

Old 04-27-2016, 05:39 AM

11,931 posts, read 6,520,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It's going to be fun when Obama refuses to endorse her, and why would/should he? She's blaming him for the fact that my neighbor's cat had diarrhea, more or less.

And yep, those are the fools who have been in charge. If this moron thinks she can fix it, if it's that easy, why is it still broken?

What a despicable POS woman!
Yep (Bolded)
And she will be our next president, as the Rs were too ignorant of political realities to pick someone who could beat her.....

Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,244,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Interesting, I listened to the speech and I didn't hear her say that. What I heard is that we've come a long way from the Dark Ages of the last Republican executive but there are still things that need to be done. She mentioned many jobs were created but more jobs are still needed. She mentioned income is rising and that she will widen the population that get on this stream. In general, she is acknowledging that some people got left behind by the economic boom and she will help those people lift themselves up.
That was my impression too. And also some pandering to the Bernsters

Old 04-27-2016, 06:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,466,073 times
Quote:
They had the house and senate for TWO years, and the senate wasn't filibuster proof. And the Pubs set the all time record for filibustering everything except stupid votes to repeal Obamacare.

Check out the GOP obstructionism.

Quote:
So what am I missing with what she is saying?
The role of congress. All they do is control about 90% of domestic policy. And the Pub controlled congress has done nothing but block anything and everything Obama has tried to do for the past 6 years.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:42 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
They had the house and senate for TWO years, and the senate wasn't filibuster proof. And the Pubs set the all time record for filibustering everything except stupid votes to repeal Obamacare.

Check out the GOP obstructionism.

The role of congress. All they do is control about 90% of domestic policy. And the Pub controlled congress has done nothing but block anything and everything Obama has tried to do for the past 6 years.
Your post of course assumes the passing bills,laws and regs. is in itself an accomplishment. There is enough evidence to prove the contrary.

not a "pub" but I always get a chuckle when one tribe of monkeys flings poo at the other as a show of superiority.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:48 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,645,405 times
The microcosm of the macrocosm is people listen to campaign speeches to make their decisions. Of course Hilary is going to say what people want to hear. She takes a little Bernie, a little Trump, has her posse come up with some sound bytes, and bingo, another political feel-good moment. But, to be fair this is Trump, Cruz etc, etc . . .
If people would ignore the campaign stuff and vote on past accomplishments(or lack of) there would be a better chance of the country 'fixing' all the stuff that is 'wrong' with it now. Do everything opposite what you/I/we are doing now . . . Turn off the TV during campaign years, watch it closely(all media) during the years they are 'sposed to be working.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:50 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
The microcosm of the macrocosm is people listen to campaign speeches to make their decisions. Of course Hilary is going to say what people want to hear. She takes a little Bernie, a little Trump, has her posse come up with some sound bytes, and bingo, another political feel-good moment. But, this is Trump, Cruz etc, etc . . .
If people would ignore the campaign stuff and vote on past accomplishments(or lack of) there would be a better chance of the country 'fixing' all the stuff that is 'wrong' with it now. Do everything opposite what you/I/we are doing now . . . Turn off the TV during campaign years, watch it closely(all media) during the years they are 'sposed to be working.
Since the role of politician is essentially that of a parasite, what accomplishments could they possibly trumpet?
That they robbed Peter to pay for yours and Paul's bennefits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies