Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the "perfect" level of atmospheric CO2?
500 ppm 5 18.52%
400 ppm 1 3.70%
300 ppm 5 18.52%
200 ppm 3 11.11%
0 ppm 2 7.41%
we need much higher levels of CO2 to help plant life 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 06:20 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the population is growing to fast, any co2 reduction will be negated by over population.

I think the focus on co2 is way over blown!!!! restoring desolated land would be a wiser investment in the long run and would suck up a lot of the excess man made co2..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBLZmwlPa8A

good vid here on restoring desolated land.. but even this would be negated over the long run if the population keeps expanding..

That is the point- CO2 helps restore "desolated land" by increasing plant life. We have already seen a marked "greening" of the planet with higher CO2 levels over the last 50 years.

1. More CO2- more plant life

2. More plant life- more food

3. More plants- more oxygen

4. More plants- lower CO2

I guess the AGW cult hates food, plants, and oxygen. It is not surprising, as it is similar to the "death cult" of liberalism.

To help the planet, we need HIGHER, not lower, CO2 levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2016, 07:05 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Ah, a litmus test by warmers to charge deniers with ignorance!

most of the country can't recognize a photo of the vice president let alone even know what the letters C O 2 represent.

Baffle the opponents with "disconnected elements of data disguised as science" to validate your position is not how data is to be used. Then tell them we have to pass it to find out what is in it.

Data collection has to be without bias.
Data requires interpretation.

To lay out random numbers and then ask a lay person to interpret it, and then recoil in horror when they can't, is the stuff of government propganda with an ideological agenda or other nefarious intent.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:03 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
????

1. "Warming has just begun"- yet there has been no further warming for 20 years.

2. You say that CO2 caused oceans to rise 100ft and temps to increase 11 degree. We are at those CO2 levels. So why are not the oceans 100ft higher and temps 11 degrees warmer now?

3. Yes, sea levels do change. Perhaps, just perhaps, it has nothing to do with CO2. Did that ever occur to you? That is the problem with the AGW cult- you have ONE ANSWER (which is CO2) for everything and completely disregard everything else.

Your CO2 contention is a statistical error which occurs when multiple possible factors may be contributing to "climate change". The ill educated will look at a "one to one" comparison of temps and CO2, using a paired "t test" and will conclude (wrongfully so), that CO2 causes temp increases.

a. The statistical evaluation that needs to be done is an ANOVA with a Neuman-Keuls correction for multiple variables. This gives a true measure of the individual influence of ONE FACTOR in a sea of variables. However, the average CO2 cult member has no knowledge whatsover of science or statistics to appreciate this little problem.

b. There has been no direct correlation with CO2 and temps in the past. CO2 levels have been much higher with colder temps and vice versa. This "inconvenient truth" is always ignored by your cult.

4. It was warmer for several hundred years during the Roman Empire. This is like the average liberal, when faced with Obama's repeated failures, saying that "he just needs a little more time".
Good grief....No correlation between CO2 and global temperatures? Really?

http://www.grida.no/images/series/vg...te/large/2.jpg

Arguing with you like arguing with a brick....Every one of your talking points has been explained or refuted countless times, yet you continue to repeat them like some kind of robot....

Old 04-28-2016, 09:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Whatever it is, we need to change. It's not just what we put into the atmosphere that's scary, it's what the earth does with that extra heat. There are billions of tons of CO2 trapped in arctic tundra, ice sheets and glaciers that will be released once that part of the world warms up. Humanity will probably survive, but the catastrophes, ocean rise, a greenhouse effect that'll last 1000 years even if we were to stop all emissions, rapid weather instability, crop failure, subtropical areas could end up resembling the Sahara....it won't be a picnic for anyone.
Somebody swallowed the garbage the AGW soothsayers have been promoting.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Arguing with you like arguing with a brick....Every one of your talking points has been explained or refuted countless times, yet you continue to repeat them like some kind of robot....

YES- NO CAUSATIVE CORRELATION!. CO2 and temps are linked, but increases in CO2 are caused by INCREASE TEMPS, not the other way around. This is shown throughout global history. Again, the oceans have far greater amounts of CO2 than the atmosphere- when heated, the CO2 is released.

Global Temperature Trends From 2500 B.C. To 2040 A.D. [Awesome chart]

The analogy, as I have said before, is like saying that lung cancer causes smoking.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
YES- NO CAUSATIVE CORRELATION!. CO2 and temps are linked, but increases in CO2 are caused by INCREASE TEMPS, not the other way around. This is shown throughout global history. Again, the oceans have far greater amounts of CO2 than the atmosphere- when heated, the CO2 is released.

Global Temperature Trends From 2500 B.C. To 2040 A.D. [Awesome chart]

The analogy, as I have said before, is like saying that lung cancer causes smoking.
Your problem is that you don't understand climate science at all.....I guess it's too complicated for you.

Watch the video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHozjOYHQdE

Old 04-28-2016, 09:37 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:

Correlation is not causation.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Your problem is that you don't understand climate science at all.....I guess it's too complicated for you.

Watch the video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHozjOYHQdE

That is rich. I don't understand science? So the degrees I have were incorrectly awarded and all of my publications in peer reviewed journals are just wrong? Gee......... I guess I should have skipped all of the years of education and just waited until "youtube" came about. Are you kidding?

Those with the least amount of scientific knowledge and training presume expertise. That is "The Dunning-Kruger Effect". You have no scientific training, degrees, or publications, yet are "explaining" science to me? Don't you realize how absurd that appears?

ALL of the AGW cult, when presented with information which refutes the cult, simply dismiss that information by saying "you are ignorant" or "you don't understand science".

As noted above, CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION. That is what I was trying to explain to you (yet when you have no scientific or statistical training, it is tough for you to understand).

To eliminate the error of CORRELATION=CAUSATION, one does not use a paired student's "t test". One uses an ANOVA with correction for multiple variables through a Neuman-Keuls correction. That way, one understands that my buying my morning coffee did not cause the eruption of a volvano in Hawaii this morning. They are correlated, but the coffee consumption did not cause the volcano.

CO2 levels rise AFTER TEMP INCREASES, not the other way around.

Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide Lags Temperature: the Proof - Principia Scientific International

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 04-28-2016 at 10:20 AM..

Old 04-28-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Correlation is not causation.
Really? Do sparks cause fires, or do fires cause sparks?

Excess greenhouse gases cause the temperatures to increase and the oceans to store CO2.....Eventually the oceans warm (It takes a long time to heat all that water) as the oceans heat up the stored CO2 is released (cold water holds more CO2 than warm water) This is basic science and explains the lag....

At the moment the oceans are storing vast quantities of CO2, which will eventually be the main contributer of future warming.....Personally I think even if we stop emitting CO2, we are beyond the tipping point, the only question is how much will it warm.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:13 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
That is the point- CO2 helps restore "desolated land" by increasing plant life. We have already seen a marked "greening" of the planet with higher CO2 levels over the last 50 years.

1. More CO2- more plant life

2. More plant life- more food

3. More plants- more oxygen

4. More plants- lower CO2

I guess the AGW cult hates food, plants, and oxygen. It is not surprising, as it is similar to the "death cult" of liberalism.

To help the planet, we need HIGHER, not lower, CO2 levels.
Lolololol. So we need to pollute the planet to help the plants?

The cult of deniers have gone off their meds! They think we are in danger of emitting too little CO2!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies