Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2016, 05:57 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Oh really? Then what are your calculations? Care to show your work?
Be glad to show them to you but they are a little dated. If I cannot produce documentation from years ago that has a 100% verifiable date and the calculations for what you would need to heat a house in the Northeast with solar PV using standard baseboard heat I will donate $100 to any charity you choose.

You first though.

Quote:
Does that same rule apply to coal, coal man?
Certainly but as I recall the point you were making is you don't have to build a solar or wind plant next to where it's used and instead build it where it's sunny or windy. You can build a fossil fuel plant practically anywhere you want within reason of course, hell there is a P&G facility near me taking gas out of the ground nearby and using it at their facility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 11:27 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Be glad to show them to you but they are a little dated. If I cannot produce documentation from years ago that has a 100% verifiable date and the calculations for what you would need to heat a house in the Northeast with solar PV using standard baseboard heat I will donate $100 to any charity you choose.

You first though.

Certainly but as I recall the point you were making is you don't have to build a solar or wind plant next to where it's used and instead build it where it's sunny or windy. You can build a fossil fuel plant practically anywhere you want within reason of course, hell there is a P&G facility near me taking gas out of the ground nearby and using it at their facility.
As technology advances, dated material becomes useless.

I don't know about you, but I would not like to have a fossil fuel plant built near me, having that kind of pollutants pumped into the air doesn't seem like a wise choice. So with that in mind, that does in fact limit where you can put a fossil fuel power plant.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am heartened by the observation that the globe will do whatever physical law dictates regardless of what humanity believes.

Anything to get the emotions going.... I'm scared and they could sell you anything to save you at a cost(that lines their pockets)

Maurice Strong, is the mastermind behind the entire "global warming" scam. It is all about using taxes to make him richer than he already is. The head of the World Conservation Bank(the carbon tax bank) and a member of the United Nations, pedaling influence and wealth on the back of the scam.
Al Gore was all in, to get rich. Thank god he didn't become President!

In the 1970's it was the coming Iceage, to get rich.

The intelligent scammers know that the climate comes in cycles. If they scare the ignorant people at the right time, they will be so rich it won't matter what happens to the people, who fell for it and are forced to bank for them involved in the scam.

Remember, the Iceage was abnormal. We are still coming out of the Iceage.

Federal, State & local governments have become one pyramid scheme after another.

Magnetic pole movement.... Is the earths rotation axis, in direct relation to the magnetic poles? How does the suns magnetic poles effect the earths magnetic poles? With documented magnetic pole movement, has the Equator, Tropic of Cancer & Tropic of Capricorn moved too?

Last edited by BentBow; 05-05-2016 at 06:52 AM..

Old 05-05-2016, 09:39 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
As technology advances, dated material becomes useless.
The results may be dated but the calculation wouldn't be, I can just as easily apply today's numbers.

My offer stands, put up or shut up.

Quote:
So with that in mind, that does in fact limit where you can put a fossil fuel power plant.
As I said within reason but we're not talking about putting it in the desert and transmitting electric thousands of miles either.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:34 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
It is not that I don't disbelieve the data, it is that it is an incomplete analysis. They showed a graph of new data and old data. But no details were given about the source of the data. Was it marked "preliminary"? When was the instrument last calibrated? Was it satellite data? Instruments are constantly recalibrated to make sure there is no drift in the measurements. It is tricky to recalibrate satellite and other remote-sensing instruments. All of this is typically accounted for by researchers and when someone makes use of another researcher's data they typically contact the primary researcher to ask about data quality, integrity and calibration, etc. Did Breitbart do all of that?
Excellent. That is the way you should look at any report/study/paper.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Excellent. That is the way you should look at any report/study/paper.
And that's exactly what you DIDN'T do with this trashy piece by a journalist who used a conspiracy blog by a layman as a source. You mindlessly accepted the claims without question because its what you want to believe.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windowtreatments View Post
Sadly we've come to point that we can no longer trust any federal agency.

Icegate: Now NSIDC Caught Tampering With Climate Records
Welcome to the club. States rights over central planning.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:27 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I predict that the usual suspects will not even look at the evidence cited in the article or look at the revised map but immediately whine that "It's from Breitbart"!
Probably because it's not evidence.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:16 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The results may be dated but the calculation wouldn't be, I can just as easily apply today's numbers.

My offer stands, put up or shut up.

As I said within reason but we're not talking about putting it in the desert and transmitting electric thousands of miles either.
Your calculations are outdated, let me know when you have current information, it is that simple.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:24 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
No it's from Breitbart.......................who got it from Tony Heller aka Steven Goddard. No need to whine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I predict that the usual suspects will not even look at the evidence cited in the article or look at the revised map but immediately whine that "It's from Breitbart"!
Took just 3 posts, and unabashedly so.

It's about money. There's no peer reviews that are credible. The AGW science community have been caught numerous times, even colluding, changing the data. The chicken little's only want to hear that the world is ending unless these scientists get enough money to (retire to a private island) FIX IT!

Problem is, there is nothing to fix.

People would prefer to be lied to than be told they are being lied to.

There's a sucker born every minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies