Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 08:02 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times

Advertisements

Like I said, had all cases been tried in the liberal media rather than in courts, nothing like this would happen.

Now, the court DID NOT say "oral sex not rape if victim is intoxicated, unconscious." The liberal media said that. What the court said was that "we believe it's rape but the current law doesn't define that as rape. We, as the judicial branch, can't arbitrarily change the law."

My real question is, if the legislature does change the law, how do anybody determine "intoxicated?" Is there a test that we can do? If I went on a date and had sex, how would my date know I am not intoxicated?

Court: Oral sex not rape if victim is intoxicated - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 08:10 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,786,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Like I said, had all cases been tried in the liberal media rather than in courts, nothing like this would happen.

Now, the court DID NOT say "oral sex not rape if victim is intoxicated, unconscious." The liberal media said that. What the court said was that "we believe it's rape but the current law doesn't define that as rape. We, as the judicial branch, can't arbitrarily change the law."

My real question is, if the legislature does change the law, how do anybody determine "intoxicated?" Is there a test that we can do? If I went on a date and had sex, how would my date know I am not intoxicated?

Yes, but the court ruled that way so CNN is correct.

Moving on...

Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Well, according to the current law IT IS NOT rape, why not blame who's responsible for that, the legislators , instead of making just another baseless 'liberal this, liberal that' rant?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:16 AM

1,100 posts, read 631,571 times
Bill Cosby has found his safe space.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:21 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,544,892 times
sounds like the OP is being defensive, and rightfully so. How humiliating for any state to have such a law.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:

The court, though, was really parsing. The current law involves consent. Intoxication and unconsciousness would both be factors that would demonstrate a lack of consent.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:57 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,525,305 times
None of you answered the question. :-)

Old 04-29-2016, 10:09 AM

46,891 posts, read 25,866,768 times
Quote:
None of you answered the question. :-)
This question?

Quote:
Not intoxicated, incapacitated. Incapacitated people can't consent. Watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQbei5JGiT8

Any questions?

Old 04-29-2016, 10:38 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,989,568 times
Oh please this judge must be a Bill Clinton appointee ... oral sex isn't rape if victim is drunk give me a break.
Reminds me of a good joke I heard years ago but afraid to tell it because I will be moderated.xxx rated...

Old 04-29-2016, 10:41 AM

39,810 posts, read 26,408,051 times
It wasn't really rape, er "forced oral sex". Just a transgender looking for a restroom. Or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies