Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 12:50 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times

Advertisements

I think the same rules for alcohol use applies to cannabis. I think a moderate, weekend cannabis user can be productive, but those who do it every day may start having problems. Regardless, potential for abuse is no reason for it to be illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 12:51 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I think the same rules for alcohol use applies to cannabis. I think a moderate, weekend cannabis user can be productive, but those who do it every day may start having problems. Regardless, potential for abuse is no reason for it to be illegal.

Old 05-02-2016, 01:42 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Untrue w MJ which is not *physically addictive* like heroin and alcohol. And "regular user" does not equal addiction.

Former professionals that I have smoked with:
Social workers
Physicians
Police officers
A CEO
A CFO
Childcare workers
Teachers
Nurses
University researchers
Truck drivers
Electricians
Plumbers
Wait staff and bartenders (while on shift!)
Etc
I've never known a policeman who smoked pot and kept their job... So I call bunk on this.. I have know police who tested dirty and were fired immediately... Which means they were using drugs... If you want to get fired this is a sure way to do so

Full Definition of stoner-websters

: a person who habitually uses drugs or alcohol.

Webster uses the example specifically describing marijuana.

What is stoned... Is it a warm mellow feeling... Or is it forgetting what you're doing...or even potentially hallucinating. There's no national duid standard.(yet... Nhsta is working on it). We lobbied for 2 ngms... 5 passed... But 2 ngm is already being reonsidered. If you smoke and get the good high for the first hour... Diminishing over the next three are you sober the next day... Or is the cumulative effect of thc in your blood building each time you use it ( within a set period of time..but let's say over thirty days.. Being at zero)
Evidence says yes... So potentially as you use marijuana regularly not only do you need more of it to attain your high your blood and fatty tissues begin to store thc... The body wants stasis.. But also adapts to any poison put in it.. And mj is a poison.. Please..let's stipulate the chemicals in it include many nasty compounds.

Good bud now approaches 35 percent thc content.. All the way up to honey oil at 95 percent.. Can a "professional" student sucking on a vape pen live up to their potential... No..they cannot

Old 05-02-2016, 04:48 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
I concur! Can you say, "Mentally deranged"? LOL

Old 05-02-2016, 04:57 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
I remember when my state (Washington) voted on legal weed, there were three voting options:

[] Yes

[] No

[] Huh?

Old 05-02-2016, 05:02 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I've never known a policeman who smoked pot and kept their job... So I call bunk on this.. I have know police who tested dirty and were fired immediately... Which means they were using drugs... If you want to get fired this is a sure way to do so

Full Definition of stoner-websters

: a person who habitually uses drugs or alcohol.

Webster uses the example specifically describing marijuana.

What is stoned... Is it a warm mellow feeling... Or is it forgetting what you're doing...or even potentially hallucinating. There's no national duid standard.(yet... Nhsta is working on it). We lobbied for 2 ngms... 5 passed... But 2 ngm is already being reonsidered. If you smoke and get the good high for the first hour... Diminishing over the next three are you sober the next day... Or is the cumulative effect of thc in your blood building each time you use it ( within a set period of time..but let's say over thirty days.. Being at zero)
Evidence says yes... So potentially as you use marijuana regularly not only do you need more of it to attain your high your blood and fatty tissues begin to store thc... The body wants stasis.. But also adapts to any poison put in it.. And mj is a poison.. Please..let's stipulate the chemicals in it include many nasty compounds.

Good bud now approaches 35 percent thc content.. All the way up to honey oil at 95 percent.. Can a "professional" student sucking on a vape pen live up to their potential... No..they cannot
Metabolites may stay in blood longer but this is not the active intoxicating element. 5Nanograms per ml of blood is a good level for dui.

If someone isn't high they aren't high.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I concur! Can you say, "Mentally deranged"? LOL

Old 05-02-2016, 05:19 PM

Also why do thc metabolites stay in the body so long. Thc is not poison.....LOL

Old 05-02-2016, 05:29 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Also why do thc metabolites stay in the body so long. Thc is not poison.....LOL
Yep, anybody can research that. Cannabinoids are NOT poisons.

The fact that Notme uses that as part of his propaganda is quite telling. If he makes up stuff as absurd as this, how in the world can you trust the rest of his bunk?

But here is the saddest part of his story. He "educates" kids by scaring them away from mj by using BS. I have posted this to him before:

You catch them at an impressionable grade school age and fill them full of it, and it scares them to no end. By the time you're done, they KNOW they won't ever touch the stuff, and you feel like you've made the world a little better.

The problem is, they grow up into teenagers, and they start doing the things teenagers do. Thanks to your interaction with them when they were younger, they approach mj with caution. But they soon begin to learn that what you filled them full of was falsehoods and exaggerations. They quickly discard your bs, and learn the truth on their own (or through their parents).

At that point they lose a notch or two of respect for all authoritarian figures, especially cops. The damage is now done.

I can speak with some authority about this because it is exactly what happened to me about 45 years ago.

So you are continuing with the tradition that has been in use for the last 5 decades. But everyone agrees that our current methods of handling the problem isn't working and hasn't worked. Yet, you continue on, sleeping well every time you get a chance to "educate" kids.

You have a very narrow, and very one-track mind, my friend. The least you could do is actually LEARN about the plant you are using to damage lives with.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:33 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I remember when my state (Washington) voted on legal weed, there were three voting options:

[] Yes

[] No

[] Huh?
There were 4 options:

[] Yes

[] No

[] Huh?

[] I'm so stupid I'm asking a politician what I can put in my own body
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies