Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 02:13 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Does one beer/shot/glass of wine get you drunk?
Would you be OK with your surgeon having a shot or a beer before operating on you? If not, then you've answered your own question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 02:19 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Not All people smoke to get stoned. You can get a slight buzz from it
How do you know this? Have you tried. Mj and have personal experience?

Stoned?... What is stoned... 5 ngm... Or substantially less?

Old 05-05-2016, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Do you drink alcohol?
No..it's poison

Old 05-05-2016, 03:09 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
How do you know this? Have you tried. Mj and have personal experience?

Stoned?... What is stoned... 5 ngm... Or substantially less?
Yea in my teens. Been a looong time. There is a difference between being stoned and buzzed. Drunk and buzzed.

You Don't drink so I take it you're one of those anti any substance. Are you a prohibitionist?

Old 05-05-2016, 03:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
What happened when you reported people you believed to be under the influence and it wasn't true?

Did you face any kind of repercussion?
No. I cite safety concerns. My record for over 20 years is spotless.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I could give a crap what you do.
You are the person who one day will be lying in the gutter wasted on some crap and all I will do is step over you and keep on walking.

Old 05-05-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think it is far more likely that a chronic stoner could work well enough to keep some high level and important jobs. Pot tends to diminish striving for continued advancement more than skill. I also think a chronic alcohol user could not continue to work well enough to stay effective. Eventually booze destroys before it kills them. The opiates tend to do that even quicker.

Given T-310's attitude I would never have worked for this tyrant in a teapot.
Oh I am militant. UnaPologetically do. OTOH I have conductors who only want to climb into my cab because they know they will get home safely.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:58 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
You are the person who one day will be lying in the gutter wasted on some crap and all I will do is step over you and keep on walking.

wasted on some crap sorry to bust your bubble I drink once or twice a year, yes I smoke some bud but that's it buddy!!! and I've quit many times for a few months just to prove to myself I can go with out it. I do absolutely no other drugs. except for maybe a few Tylenol a year.. you might be dead from a heart attack because you are such an uptight tool... watch out what you wish for!! karma works in mysterious ways..

Old 05-05-2016, 05:24 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
This is true because the purpose of all drugs is to change a person in some way. And many times this a very good thing. A person with a migraine headache is quite miserable and no fun to be around. But after the appropriate drug, they are quite pleasant.

a few on here seem to be miserable whether they have a headache or not..

Old 05-05-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Yea in my teens. Been a looong time. There is a difference between being stoned and buzzed. Drunk and buzzed.

You Don't drink so I take it you're one of those anti any substance. Are you a prohibitionist?
I do not use mind altering substances

I don't care what somebody does privately... I support that right and protect it... Including the use of marijuana

The whole rub comes when they bring that behavior into the public purview affecting others. Mj behavior generally affects others. Appropriate use if granny tweleve plant addresses this. A permitted structure with security lighting and filters... A nanny meter.. A discharge filter.. Generally addresses environmental and secuirty concerns

I want the reliable pmsd device fully operational. We will vote on mj legalization this year in California. I expect it to be legalized as the mj coalition is prepared to spend 100 million dollars to get it passed. This will not affect our enforcement model in one bit. We expect higher levels of funding for major mj operations. We expect vastly higher funding for the avoid the six operations. We expect vastly higher finds for snti drug school campaigns. We expect major increases in duid mj only arrests. Locally granny tweleve plant will still be in effect and growing will still be illegal.

I grew up in the era of free love and 3 % mj. Now it's free for all and 35% thc.. And honey oil the new crack cocaine.

When you were toking I was going to outward bound school... Living in a yurt.. Enjoying the beauty of hippy girls.. Riding my Harley.. Had a pony tail down my back.. Getting stopped weekly by staties for loud exhaust.. I sat in a.line for a police job where it was a lottery for white males .. I was lucky not qualified... My college education was paid for by my first department

Strong role models helped me resist the overwhelming appeal of mj from 14 on. I did get drunk once on beer...really drunk.. when I was fifteen... Bringing my girlfriend home with her 501s inside out to her parents dinner party.. Which cured me forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies