Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Regular Cannabis Users be Professional, Productive Members of Society?
No 46 15.38%
Yes 202 67.56%
Yes, but only a small percentage can pull it off 31 10.37%
The question has too many factors to give an accurate answer 16 5.35%
I don't know 4 1.34%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 08:54 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Phencyclidine isn't on the same universe as mj..and is completely toxic in comparison
Is there something you would like to add to the substance to the discussion.. If so I'm missing it
You said pot altered time and space. I was just saying it does no such thing. Is this a personal experience that it happened to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 08:55 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
It does no such thing. Please introduce evidence that it "kills brain cells".

And please do not post that link you posted earlier about mj "changing the structure of the brain" as evidence. That study mentions nothing about killing cells, and it does not even say that it is mj that caused any changes at all.
Please demonstrate that the 400 toxic chemical in mj doesn't kill braincells.. This can't be eliminated by vaping..reduced but not eliminated..this cannot not be eliminated by eating it...
There isn't any free ride for anything.. Cells die all the time.. Mj use can accelerate this process.. To offer otherwise is to offer the fountain of youth...I want in on that investment opportunity

Old 05-12-2016, 08:58 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times

Old 05-12-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You said pot altered time and space. I was just saying it does no such thing. Is this a personal experience that it happened to you.
I have a clear unaltered consciousness all the time. I elect not to use any mind altering substances...any. I do not experience the phenomena you speak of. What you describe is classic pot use , bolstered I might add if you read any posts by honest pot users and on most any pot website out there

Do you experience what you speak of.. Does it affect your ability to be a " professional " if you are one.
If you are a user and you are honest I think the answer would be... Absolutely

I think if you go back and read the fifty pages of posts on here you will read from pot users how much more slowly they drive ... Space distortion... I think they will also tell you their ability to judge time is hampered. This is supported by science.. Don't be lazy please.. I can't spoon feed everything for you

Last edited by notmeofficer; 05-12-2016 at 09:11 PM..

Old 05-12-2016, 09:06 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
I have a clear unaltered consciousness all the time. I do not experience the phenomena you speak of. What you describe is classic pot use , bolstered I might add if you read any posts by honest pot users and on most any pot website out there

Do you experience what you speak of.. Does if affect your ability to be a " professional " if you are one.

Your head is going to explode!!! you should eat a bud a day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAzMwYV1chk

Old 05-12-2016, 09:08 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
Does it affect your ability to be a " professional " if you are one.
According to the poll results, you are incorrect about that. I suppose all of us are wrong, and you are right? If so, you just called 80% of the voters on this poll dishonest...

Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
According to the poll results, you are incorrect about that. I suppose all of us are wrong, and you are right? If so, you just called 80% of the voters on this poll dishonest...
I said no such thing.. That is what you are saying and your characterization... Flawed I might add.
People can be wrong and not be liars
Marijuana users actually do lie much of the time.. To themselves firstly..to others on many occasions

City data is hardly a place to get an accurate poll of a loaded question with an agenda

I could asked the question... Do you want a stoned professional working on your child. How would that poll come out...

Garbage in garbage out

Old 05-12-2016, 09:25 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
I have a clear unaltered consciousness all the time. I elect not to use any mind altering substances...any. I do not experience the phenomena you speak of. What you describe is classic pot use , bolstered I might add if you read any posts by honest pot users and on most any pot website out there

Do you experience what you speak of.. Does it affect your ability to be a " professional " if you are one.

I think if you go back and read the fifty pages of posts on here you will read from pot users how much more slowly they drive ... Space distortion... I think they will also tell you their ability to judge time is hampered. This is supported by science.. Don't be lazy please.. I can't spoon feed everything for you
Maybe you should let the pot smokers here be the educators for you...instead of the other way around. I mean they are the ones who have actually experienced it. You can read everything you want on this subject but unless you have actually smoked then you don't really know. It's fine to debate but please don't pretend to know how people act. And what exactly have I described. I was just responding to your post of your description of pot users lol

Old 05-12-2016, 09:34 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
What do you know about what it takes to be a professional? You're a police officer, a blue-collar job.

All your blustering about people who don't realize their full potential because they smoke pot... what's your excuse?

Last edited by kdog; 05-12-2016 at 09:51 PM..

Old 05-12-2016, 09:35 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
I said no such thing.. That is what you are saying and your characterization... Flawed I might add.
People can be wrong and not be liars
Marijuana users actually do lie much of the time.. To themselves firstly..to others on many occasions

City data is hardly a place to get an accurate poll of a loaded question with an agenda

I could asked the question... Do you want a stoned professional working on your child. How would that poll come out...

Garbage in garbage out

the thread title says no such thing..

just because someone uses weed on a regular basis does not mean they go to work stoned!! do regular users of alcohol go to work drunk??

Can a Professional, Productive Member of Society Be a Regular Cannabis User?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies