Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:00 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Did anyone insinuate bigotry as a motive when you criticized Bush? (or more recently Trump)
The liberals ideal candidate is a black lesbian. Then they could label all critics sexist, homophobic racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 09:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
What are you Obama haters going to do when he's out of office? Where will you spew your contempt then?

Oh wait. Hillary will be president so you can continue your childish outbursts on her.

Carry on.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:51 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Obama did well. Had some great lines.

But WHY is there no outrage about Larry Wilmore's closing comments to Obama (besides the fact that his time on stage really sucked)? Sorry folks it's not acceptable EVER. Totally classless especially addressing the POTUS.

Here
I didn't watch or read about the dinner, but you made me curious.

"Yo, Barry, you did it my *****." I guess it's ok for one black man to refer to another, even the prez, as *****. I confess to not knowing the ins and outs of using the n word ending in 'er' vs ending in 'a.'

Old 05-02-2016, 12:40 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,908,718 times
it was really funny . Did you catch OmaBullBoxer31 face lol

Old 05-02-2016, 01:14 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

How do you know?

And why can't he come up with his own jokes?
Maybe he could come up with his own jokes, but then you'd hate him even more because he was spending time writing jokes.

As for "How do you know?"...It's common knowledge that comedy writers get input and collaboration from the person delivering the jokes. How could anyone not know that?

Making the president funny at White House correspondents dinner is serious work - LA Times

Old 05-02-2016, 01:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What are you Obama haters going to do when he's out of office?
Celebrate!!!!

Crooked Hillary will not be elected. Trump will get us back on Track!

Old 05-02-2016, 03:21 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
[quote=dechatelet;43907354]

It was the Democrats who destroyed the economy.

Oh yeah, and Georgie Bush left the country in SUCH GOOD SHAPE when Obama had to come in and pull it out of the toilet !! Some of you have very selective memories.

Don

Old 05-02-2016, 03:50 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Obama did well. Had some great lines.

But WHY is there no outrage about Larry Wilmore's closing comments to Obama (besides the fact that his time on stage really sucked)? Sorry folks it's not acceptable EVER. Totally classless especially addressing the POTUS.

Here
That's how low Moochelle and Baracka have pulled the office of President down. We are next to having graffiti on the pillars of the White House.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Wilmore last comment was speaking to the many people not there and not represented much in America beyond a few Dems.... Black youth. It was not disrespectful to the President, it was typically misunderstood by politicians and haters.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about whether or not his comment was disrespectful. You are speaking to someone who holds the highest office of the land, and on national television no less. If he was trying to resonate with black youth ( as if any youth were actually watching, black or not ) maybe that's the problem. Youth need a good example, not... whatever you'd call what Wilmore did.

It's this kind of cheapening of the office of the presidency that has led us down a road in our politics to a point where someone like Donald Trump can be considerred a serious candidate. Disgraceful.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 05-02-2016 at 05:34 PM..

Old 05-02-2016, 05:33 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I watch Wilmore's show pretty regularly. The guy seems nice enough, but he is not very funny. I have no idea how he has managed to get so far in comedy.
I've watched his show a few times, and like most black comedians, he heavily injects race in to his routine. He let's his politics show on a regular basis, and discusses divisive social issues. Steven Colbert does the same thing on his show, and I think this is indicative of why both shows are slipping in the ratings.

It's off-putting to large swaths of the viewing audience. People don't like to be bombarded with politics when they just want to be entertained, and it's not smart to take on those kind of issues when you're trying to appeal to as broad an audience as possible.

It's like Jay Leno said, "I want Democrats and Republicans alike to watch my show"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies