Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 07:10 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
If you read the post then you should know what I was talking about. I never made any claim about Malia's scores. They are not known.
I know you didn't talk about Malia. You said that she probably got in based on affirmative action. Then you brought up Michelle Obama as a case for why it would be the same for Malia. Not sufficient evidence considering mother and daughter had far different academic circumstances.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:10 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Read what I stated below the bold statement. What I posted about private schools having higher standards. Oh, Malia Obama went to a very good private school. High standards, more expectations to perform well. That is a reason to believe that she did do well.
I doubt it. Her father's (Barack Obama) belief is that successful people are "lucky." Their success is due to nothing they've done.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:13 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
I am sure all the Obama kids will all get the Nobel Peace Prize.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:21 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,033 times
my God you people are a sorry bunch of haters.

I wonder if there were this many hateful posts when Barbara Bush got into Yale.

what a disgrace.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:22 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We're talking about admission to Harvard's freshman class.

That's what Malia just got admitted to.

So your stats are irrelevant, and mine are correct.

You tell me.

You're the one who is so sure that she is qualified.

You really love to miss the point, don't you?

Chelsea and the Obama daughters went to fancy private schools while their Democrat daddies were talking about how great the public schools were and insisting (at the behest of the public school teachers unions) that ordinary students shouldn't be allowed to get vouchers to attend the schools of their choice.

That just goes to show what hypocrites the Democrats are -- as well as their heartless selfishness and elitism -- you black kids in the ghetto will have to settle for crap while OUR daughters go to exclusive private academies!

Get it now???
I wasn't talking about the freshman class. I was talking about ALL of Harvard's student body. Harvard's freshman class is only ONE part of Harvard. It is your stats that are irrelevant. They only address one part of Harvard's population. When I said Harvard didn't have many Blacks or Hispanics, notice I did not say anything about the freshman class. You said that.

You said you didn't think she was qualified. I never said she was qualified. I said I can come up with sufficient reason to believe she might have been qualified. I brought up to another poster that private schools have higher standards. Students are expected to have a higher performance. More is expected, more attention is given. Now, until you and me know her test scores for real, then

Chelsea and Malia went to private schools. What children of Presidents in this era HASN'T attended very good private schools?

And your last statement speaks volumes about making racial assumptions. Saying "you Black kids in the ghetto". I never lived in the ghetto. I grew up in the suburbs. I grew up middle class, the son of an educated father. And based on my experiences, those Democrats you like to talk bad about, I have seldom been treated badly by them. There have been more conservatives who have treated me badly, based on my experiences from childhood onward.

Old 05-14-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
my God you people are a sorry bunch of haters.
Obama is the hater. According to Obama, successful people are "lucky." Their success and achievements have nothing to do with what they've done.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:18 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
post #73
Sorry, Post 73 has no evidence. The fact that 'some of her teachers' said she didn't have the grades means nothing.

In fact, in that era teachers pretty much decided who would take what classes. Poor white or black were shuttled to the trades. Middle class and above were put on the college track. I know; I lived through those times.

Then add in the chance that those teachers might have some bias against Blacks, well...there you go!

Got her SAT scores or any other hard evidence? No, I didn't think so.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:21 AM

Quote:
If you read the post then you should know what I was talking about. I never made any claim about Malia's scores. They are not known.
Neither are Michelle's.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hupe-La View Post
Did you read the entire speech, beginning to end?
Yes, I did. It echoes Obama's "you didn't build that" speech. So, naturally, I believe Obama is sincere when he thinks neither his own daughter Malia nor anyone else actually earned their success, and that they were just "lucky."

Old 05-14-2016, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're the one who is so sure that she is qualified.
Malia got accepted by Harvard University.

So, prima facie, she has the smarts to be accepted.

You and others are contesting that.

Therefore, you and/or others must back up your opinions that she is NOT qualified with hard facts and evidence, otherwise, you are just being contentious for the sake of contention (and blowing off some racial and political hatred).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies