Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

It's nice to see that even a card-carrying liberal like author Thomas Frank can't stand liberals, either. From a New York Times review of his latest book, Listen, Liberal:

In his new book, the social critic Thomas Frank *poses another possibility: that liberals in general — and the Democratic Party in particular — should look inward to understand the sorry state of American politics. Too busy attending TED talks and *vacationing in Martha’s Vineyard, Frank argues, the Democratic elite has abandoned the party’s traditional commitments to the working class. In the process, they have helped to create the political despair and anger at the heart of today’s right-wing insurgencies.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/05...erals-anymore/

Agreed. Mr Frank reminds me of an old school liberal, the kind who cares about the "down trodden", NOT some rich "lib" kind of people who hate people who fix things and keep day by day society running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 07:42 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Cool story bro

Old 05-02-2016, 07:43 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,232,699 times
There are radical Libs out there that will never be happy about anything.

A few weeks back I was listening to NPR and they were interviewing some people about the upcoming changes to the $20 bill where Harriet Tubman will be on it. The liberals were happy that a woman was finally going to be on our money. One Liberal feminist was not so happy that Jackson was going on the back considering his involvement with slavery. She went on to say that Tubman was a former slave who was bought and sold as property and to have her on the $20 was a disgrace because the $20 bill is the most traded bill used to buy and sell stuff.
I guess she thought it was a insult to Tubman to have her face be on money and perpetuate her slavery. ??

Yeah I know talk about a weird moonbat but that is what we get from those extreme liberals.
They are never happy with anything.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:08 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
"Liberal" isn't even the right word for them anymore. There is nothing 'liberal' or 'progressive' about today's Democratic Party. It's been taken over by fist pounding Marxists at the top encouraging revolutionary street rabble at the bottom. They have no interest in free speech, open debate, dialogue or legal constraints.

They should be referred to by their proper name: Bolsheviks.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:15 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Do you know that in the current movement against Police brutality/corruption it was the young Americans moving away from the traditional party??

What the media did was create their own "movement" to compete with the grassroots, cause division, and then coop the narrative of what everything was about.

Hillary could lose the elections if Trump can make a strong enough appeal to the black youth. I think he'll have trouble with Mexican youth, but the black youth were burned by the Democratic Party. Badly.

Some lost businesses, orgs, jobs, etc fighting for freedom only to have the Democrats come along and try to take credit.

Old 05-02-2016, 10:57 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
It's sad to see someone who can't stand himself!

Old 05-02-2016, 11:12 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
The 60s and 70s radicals of yesterday have become the authoritarian supporters of big government of today. Today's conservatives are like the anti government radicals of the 60s and 70s. Kids today want material goodies but don't want to be labeled as conformists like their parents. Business people of the 60s and 70s wanted money, today now they want power. Politicians of the 60s and 70s wanted power, today now they want money.
The country needs electro shock therapy and a trainload of thorazine. Starting in Washington DC.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Do you know that in the current movement against Police brutality/corruption it was the young Americans moving away from the traditional party??

What the media did was create their own "movement" to compete with the grassroots, cause division, and then coop the narrative of what everything was about.

Hillary could lose the elections if Trump can make a strong enough appeal to the black youth. I think he'll have trouble with Mexican youth, but the black youth were burned by the Democratic Party. Badly.

Some lost businesses, orgs, jobs, etc fighting for freedom only to have the Democrats come along and try to take credit.
What?! I'm NOT trying to be a "Troll" but; I truly thought the Dems had the "Black" vote, lock stock and barrel in 2016

Old 05-03-2016, 02:51 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What?! I'm NOT trying to be a "Troll" but; I truly thought the Dems had the "Black" vote, lock stock and barrel in 2016
I honestly don't know. Especially with black men. I know a lot of people who felt burned after what happened.

It's almost not a vote for Trump, but a vote to let the Dems know they don't 'own' our vote. Don't represent us and see what happens.

A lot of people I talked to wanted Economic opportunity. Many felt that would be what helps improve our communities.

Hillary could lose the black vote if Trump really made an appeal. We'll see what happens but unlike in the past, I think there's actually a shot Trump gets some of the black vote.

Could be wrong but I'm not often.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I honestly don't know. Especially with black men. I know a lot of people who felt burned after what happened.

It's almost not a vote for Trump, but a vote to let the Dems know they don't 'own' our vote. Don't represent us and see what happens.

A lot of people I talked to wanted Economic opportunity. Many felt that would be what helps improve our communities.

Hillary could lose the black vote if Trump really made an appeal. We'll see what happens but unlike in the past, I think there's actually a shot Trump gets some of the black vote.

Could be wrong but I'm not often.
IF your hunch is right: that COULD "kill" Hillary come November cause the Dems usually have the "Black" vote. Even if many Black people don't vote, that'd hurt her more than Trump IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies