Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 02:35 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Exactly, the date on the clip is Jan. 2013. How is this woman & her family doing now? Do we have an update on her & them? That's what would be interesting.

My opinion - @ 15 kids, she needs to figure out how she's going to feed, clothe & raise them all. The state has some interest in providing school, Kinder, prenatal & WIC assistance in making sure mom & fetus/baby have healthy food. If they qualify on income, there's some health care & dental.

But all that isn't meant to guarantee her a life of ease - nor to absolve her of any financial responsibility for her children. If she wants an easier life, she should get herself to Planned Parenthood or some other birth control agency & learn how to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

Her claim - that someone should be paying for her children - is quite right. Unfortunately for her, she & the children's father(s) are the parties directly responsible for that. The state may fill in, up to a point. But clearly, the state doesn't have the resources to pay for everyone's children, full time, all the time.

If the parents in this case don't want to shoulder the financial burdens, then they should jointly & severally stop producing more children. The state may step in & help - that varies from state to state - but no one expects the state to take the entire burden unto itself, permanently, generation after generation. State budgets don't work that way, & taxpayers would revolt.
Last I heard is she lost them all to the state and she couldn't care less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 02:51 PM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Did you just type that with a straight face?

Democrats have been lecturing the American public for DECADES about how they have the answer to poverty. Of course, it's all illiterate nonsense, but make no mistake about it... they talk about it almost without pausing to take a breath.

You can pretend there's nothing to this video but it only makes you look shallow and silly. The naked reality is that this lade practically defines the Democratic Party.

Congratulations.
Oh please, you must be new to politics. Is that it?

And like conservatives have not claimed to have all the answers as well.

At least these threads make for the good laugh every now and then.

Thanks for that!

At least what I am explaining is true and most certainly written with a straight face, then came your reply and the chuckles...

Old 05-02-2016, 05:21 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Oh please, you must be new to politics. Is that it?

And like conservatives have not claimed to have all the answers as well.

At least these threads make for the good laugh every now and then.

Thanks for that!

At least what I am explaining is true and most certainly written with a straight face, then came your reply and the chuckles...

You haven't explained anything. All you're really trying to do is pretend that welfare queens aren't really a problem. They are. You do this in an effort to dodge the fact that welfare policy is a total failure. Your party owns that lock, stock and barrel.

Congrats.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
That's not true. Most of the states with the highest welfare numbers are Republican states. Lots of poor, rural types who survive on Welfare love the republican party.

Red States Are Welfare Queens - Business Insider

Did you actually read my comment? I said nothing about what state she lives in.

Reading comprehension problem?

Old 05-02-2016, 05:30 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,220 times
This video looks highly edited. There's no way to tell in what context the woman was saying those words.

It could have been in the context of suggesting the father needed to be released so he could go to work.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
You haven't explained anything. All you're really trying to do is pretend that welfare queens aren't really a problem. They are. You do this in an effort to dodge the fact that welfare policy is a total failure. Your party owns that lock, stock and barrel.

Congrats.
You are apparently just full of congrats and good questions but boy that connect-the-blots logic of yours sure keeps you going, doesn't it?

What I have "explained" is simply that one-off YouTube clips and personal anecdotes do not properly reflect the truth of these matters. I'll bet even you can bring yourself to agree with that simple fact. I have no reason to claim welfare policy a success or failure either way! That's all in your head. I'm just trying to separate the fact from fiction is all!

I also don't really have a party as much as I just try to pick the side that seems to be more right than wrong about these issues, and I object when either party uses BS rather than the truth to push their agenda. My agenda is to get the facts straight first, then and only then can the the right or wrong of these policies be determined.

I might also add that I've spent a fair amount of time working as a volunteer for the Food Bank organization, and I think if you did the same, you wouldn't be so quick to brand all these people in need of assistance with the likes of your "welfare queens" rhetoric.

You need to get out more is what I'm trying to tell you. Say less...

Old 05-02-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
This video looks highly edited. There's no way to tell in what context the woman was saying those words.

It could have been in the context of suggesting the father needed to be released so he could go to work.
Careful! That kind of thinking and questioning might get Tyster to declare you too have a problem of some kind!

Wait for it!

Something clever like "truth hurts, doesn't it?" So ironic given that just getting to the truth is the real issue here. Or maybe you too have a comprehension problem...

Shouldn't be long..., one, two, three..., here it comes!

Old 05-02-2016, 05:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They can fund that themselves. I didn't make their choices so I shouldn't have to pay for them either.
You'll spend the rest of your life paying for their welfare. Providing birth control/abortions is a whole lot more cost effective.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post

You mean fathers.

Old 05-02-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
You are apparently just full of congrats and good questions but boy that connect-the-blots logic of yours sure keeps you going, doesn't it?

What I have "explained" is simply that one-off YouTube clips and personal anecdotes do not properly reflect the truth of these matters. I'll bet even you can bring yourself to agree with that simple fact. I have no reason to claim welfare policy a success or failure either way! That's all in your head. I'm just trying to separate the fact from fiction is all!

I also don't really have a party as much as I just try to pick the side that seems to be more right than wrong about these issues, and I object when either party uses BS rather than the truth to push their agenda. My agenda is to get the facts straight first, then and only then can the the right or wrong of these policies be determined.

I might also add that I've spent a fair amount of time working as a volunteer for the Food Bank organization, and I think if you did the same, you wouldn't be so quick to brand all these people in need of assistance with the likes of your "welfare queens" rhetoric.

You need to get out more is what I'm trying to tell you. Say less...
It's not a one off you tube edited video. She was interviewed by the local news outlet and that idiot did spout off that lunacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies