Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:33 PM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times

Advertisements

If she did not get a beat down in the parking lot she should thank her lucky stars, if you talk shyt about people on food stamps don't do it at Wal-Mart where most of the staff is on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 09:17 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
When you struggle to make ends meet as the middle class gets whittled away you'll start resenting anybody who gets any kind of benefit you don't. At least it was two white people so no losers could make it a racist rant. We'll all be on food stamps if we don't turn this country around.
I'm still pissed off over the guy who was using his wic card to buy groceries he sells at his city bordega. Tax payer dollars supporting his business. Although honestly who doesn't use the government to make themselves rich. Billionaires and politicians sure as hell do. You know what, there's no difference. A thief is a thief, a parasite is a parasite.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:23 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
What a shameful classless cow that make decent republicans out there look bad.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:28 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
I like the part where she says she's not stupid. Is that something intelligent people usually think to remind others of?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:35 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,370,271 times
I really wanted to say something to the guy in front of me at Walmart a couple of months ago, who spent $71 on Coca Colas. Yes, $71. He is obviously not poor or hungry enough to be on food stamps.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcat View Post
I really wanted to say something to the guy in front of me at Walmart a couple of months ago, who spent $71 on Coca Colas. Yes, $71. He is obviously not poor or hungry enough to be on food stamps.
How do you get up close and personal with these shoppers to know 'how' they are paying, I mean it's a flipping card like a credit card, what do you do, lean over their shoulder to read the writing on the card? I guess I'm lucky, I have better things to do.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:47 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
When you struggle to make ends meet as the middle class gets whittled away you'll start resenting anybody who gets any kind of benefit you don't. At least it was two white people so no losers could make it a racist rant. We'll all be on food stamps if we don't turn this country around.
I'm still pissed off over the guy who was using his wic card to buy groceries he sells at his city bordega. Tax payer dollars supporting his business. Although honestly who doesn't use the government to make themselves rich. Billionaires and politicians sure as hell do. You know what, there's no difference. A thief is a thief, a parasite is a parasite.
I don't resent Americans who get them yet. That's what they're for. Citizens down on their luck. Who knows, any of us could need them one day. But, I think it's really hard to get them where I live. I've heard so many people say that if they made minimum wage, when it was seven something an hour, and worked 40 hours a week, that they were told they made too much. I do know all an illegal has to do to get food stamps is to show up at the welfare office. That's where my resentment comes in. People who are trying to help themselves usually don't get any help.

Did you know a lot of illegals who get WIC and food stamps and use the food pantry send their food back to their countries for their families? I saw a video of them just freely admitting they do that. I doubt that anything was done about it, as the government seems to fall all over themselves to help illegals.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:55 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I don't resent Americans who get them yet. That's what they're for. Citizens down on their luck. Who knows, any of us could need them one day. But, I think it's really hard to get them where I live. I've heard so many people say that if they made minimum wage, when it was seven something an hour, and worked 40 hours a week, that they were told they made too much. I do know all an illegal has to do to get food stamps is to show up at the welfare office. That's where my resentment comes in. People who are trying to help themselves usually don't get any help.

Did you know a lot of illegals who get WIC and food stamps and use the food pantry send their food back to their countries for their families? I saw a video of them just freely admitting they do that. I doubt that anything was done about it, as the government seems to fall all over themselves to help illegals.
I don't think I can go along with that one. Postage is expensive, especially international.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:01 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,196 times
She's also shopping at Walmart, yet feels superior to him.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:06 PM

952 posts, read 518,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
She really had no right to do this. What a miserable woman who felt it was okay to do this, especially in front of children.

I also don't buy that he works 50 to 60 hours weekly, otherwise, it would be almost impossible to qualify for food stamps getting that much OT weekly. But that's not the point of the post.
Due to the mandates of the ACA, many companies only less than 30 hours/week to their part time help, and have cut full time positions. Several people I know work 2, sometimes 3, different jobs in order to make ends meet. 50 to 60 hours a week split between even 2 employers usually offer low pay, no overtime, and no benefits.

That said, she is a miserable POS for behaving that way. Where was the store management? No customer in any store should be allowed to be treated that way. I am surprised that no one came to his defense. I like to think I would have...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies