Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:21 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...couple-eat-it/

for those who missed it, Old Navy posted an ad over the weekend on Twitter featuring an inter-racial couple with their kid. and then you guessed it, it p*ssed off some bigots who then started a flurry of nasty tweets, and it made the news.

I seriously wonder sometimes why some people refuse to open their minds and stay stuck in the past. What a sorry bunch of losers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 06:23 PM

455 posts, read 283,499 times
i already created a thread about this.

and they werent just bigots, the majority of them were trump supporters.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:25 PM

I didn't notice anything on this board. Oh well

Old 05-03-2016, 11:07 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,213 times
This ranks right up there with this classy McCain moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRq6Y4NmB6U

Old 05-04-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
This ranks right up there with this classy McCain moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRq6Y4NmB6U
I wasn't a huge fan of his but I give him credit for standing up to people who aren't playing with a full a deck. hate a candidate's policies all you like, but know that you're pointed at laughed at for being downright stupid.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:53 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Absolutely rorqual and Northeastah.

I'll never forget that McCain moment, and kudos to Jack for standing up to these ignorant losers.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:17 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
I really don't understand what is so wrong with this ad. If you don't want to date or marry to people outside your race, good for you. But why other people's preferences such a big deal to you? lol Live and let live. Life is easier this way.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:19 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I really don't understand what is so wrong with this ad. If you don't want to date or marry to people outside your race, good for you. But why other people's preferences such a big deal to you? lol Live and let live. Life is easier this way.
Same people are the same idiots that are against same sex relationships and/or anything to do with LGBT issues. Bigots are gonna bigot.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
That's just it, Lilly. They can't live and let live. They think that other people's business is a violation of their values and being "shoved down their throats", and they have somehow been empowered by an invisible presence to condemn and pray for them.

Maybe someday they'll realize that they're the one's that need help.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:03 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
Same people are the same idiots that are against same sex relationships and/or anything to do with LGBT issues. Bigots are gonna bigot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
That's just it, Lilly. They can't live and let live. They think that other people's business is a violation of their values and being "shoved down their throats", and they have somehow been empowered by an invisible presence to condemn and pray for them.

Maybe someday they'll realize that they're the one's that need help.
I agree with you both.

My sister started dating black guys after her divorce. I disagree with her because I don't think she should be in any types of rebound relationships. She thought dating black men is a solution for her. But I tried to keep my mouth shut because it is her life afterall. Her boyfriend is a very nice black man who is also a software engineer. My nephews like him and I hope things work out for both of them. Even my parents (very conservative people lol) said, "as long as he makes her happy."

At the end of the day, everybody needs to live their own lives. McCain's son has great taste in women I must say. He is a good looking man and his wife is a lovely gal. I wish them the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies