Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 04:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Who said Prince was gay? He's been notoriously known for getting some high quality female pieces over the years. He may be a fruit but he was not gay, at least not openly.
He was definitely a ladies man in public and was married to a woman, sooo I'm going with no-homo. And he was one of those Hovie witness people and they are like anti-gay.
It was speculation that he was dying/died from aids. This is what speculation gets.

He was a died in the wool Jehova's Witness, and now we know for sure that he was addicted to and died from pain killers. He had put himself into a rehab program just days before his death. So sad.

Last edited by steven_h; 05-05-2016 at 04:18 PM..

Old 05-05-2016, 04:23 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It was speculation that he was dying/died from aids. This is what speculation gets.

He was a died in the wool Jehova's Witness, and now we know for sure that he was addicted to and died from pain killers. He had put himself into a rehab program just days before his death. So sad.
We don't know for sure he died from painkillers. That is speculation.

If he did have AIDS, what's wrong with taking painkillers anyway? AIDS is a death sentence no different from cancer. If he wanted to use opiates to make dying easier I don't have a problem with that and neither should anyone else.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:50 PM

1,329 posts, read 832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
We don't know for sure he died from painkillers. That is speculation.

If he did have AIDS, what's wrong with taking painkillers anyway? AIDS is a death sentence no different from cancer. If he wanted to use opiates to make dying easier I don't have a problem with that and neither should anyone else.

HIV infection isn't a death sentence now days. It's a serious disease, and the drugs used to treat it are not benign... but most people with good T-cell counts now days have a decent life expectancy.

I doubt Prince had AIDS. Not every gay man has AIDS (most don't, especially those around Prince's age) so the idea he was taking opiates to treat AIDS is sort of weird even if he happened to be gay. Especially because people with AIDS are more likely to be interested in pot than opiates.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:29 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,353 times
He was extremely popular in the 80s and 90s, it would not surprise me if he had AIDS, many of us had no idea how aids were passed on back in the 80s, as it was thought only heroin addicts and gay people got aids. Magic Johnson retiring with AIDs and his active participation in fundraising and pushing research and getting that information out to the public is what really changed things back in the early 90s. However whether he had AIDS or not does not mean he was gay. I personally do not care if he was gay or if he had AIDs, he was a very talented man that put out great music, I wish he would not have died and do not care about the rumors.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:04 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
All this speculation about addiction, being gay and having AIDS...I say, let the man rest in peace. It's already bad enough that the media is throwing dirt on his character.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:08 PM

52,250 posts, read 52,668,250 times
He was also found with Percocet in his system, isn't that a taboo for the JW's too?? Either way, I couldn't give rip less if he was gay or more likely he might have been Bi, but again, the man is dead why are discussing this sorta thing???

Old 05-05-2016, 06:12 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
What Prince did in his private life is of no interest to me. Nor should it be of any interest to you.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:23 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Plenty of other gay men have dated or married women to hide from their sexual orientation... in the gay community it used to be called a "beard".

It wouldn't surprise me if Prince were not heterosexual. Ditto for Michael Jackson, another Jehovah's Wittness. Though I believe he may have had some kind of paraphilia... the issues are the same. JW's are pretty rigid, intolerant, and anti-science/anti-reason.
There is absolutely zero evidence or even testimony from anyone who might have a clue that Prince was either gay or had AIDS.

There is nothing from any medical personnel, no statement from any friend or relative, no questionable picture from any paparazzi, nothing from his enemies, not even any previous gossip from the gossip rags.

Someone just comes up with something right out of thin air, zero foundation whatsoever, and people believe it.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:07 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
So were Elton John,Cole Porter,Little Richard,Richard Cromwell,Anthony Perkins,Oscar Wild,Rock Hudson to name but a few. If you think being married to the opposite sex make you straight you have not an idea of what your talking about.
I will admit you may know more about that and who is gay and who is not, but I really doubt a guy like Prince would be in the closet. Really, really doubt it.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
i dont care about princes private life, that is his life not mine. he did some music i like, and some i dont like, just like any other artist of his genre. R.I.P. prince the music world will miss you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies