Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 02:23 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times

Advertisements

I guarantee you this bubble brain is a Trump supporter. This is what we have to look forward to should the fat orange xenophobe get elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 02:27 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,046,287 times
That passenger is ignorant for sure. However it is also unnecessary to solve equations on a plane, unless you want to show off to people around you, which many intellectuals actually do.
(I have a graduate degree in science.)

Old 05-07-2016, 02:29 PM

295 posts, read 180,552 times
Or maybe he's working on something important and was engrossed in it. What kind of terrorist makes design plans for his weapon on the plane? And it's kinda sad she couldn't tell the difference between an Italian accent and an Arabic one..

Old 05-07-2016, 02:32 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,686,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
That passenger is ignorant for sure. However it is also unnecessary to solve equations on a plane, unless you want to show off to people around you, which many intellectuals actually do.
This is a highly silly comment.

People do work and have ideas on plane flights all the time, including scientists.

Is it your position that people be prohibited from working on flights? Does this mean you can't, for instance, read a scientific journal and make notes? How about comic books, would reading them be OK with you?

Or are we all supposed to stare into space or watch some stupid movie?

Old 05-07-2016, 02:41 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,633,359 times
Quote:
I guess it is also unnecessary to read a non-fiction book as well.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This is a highly silly comment.

People do work and have ideas on plane flights all the time, including scientists.

Is it your position that people be prohibited from working on flights? Does this mean you can't, for instance, read a scientific journal and make notes? How about comic books, would reading them be OK with you?

Or are we all supposed to stare into space or watch some stupid movie?
I said it is unnecessary. I do not prohibit anybody doing anything.

When I take a plane or train, I usually do not want to make people around me think I am very different. So it is easier for me to have conversations with them,

Old 05-07-2016, 03:35 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:

No math on planes because it might scare some racist idiot?

Can I continue doing math in public since I'm white?

Old 05-07-2016, 03:53 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,223,092 times
Quote:
What kind of nonsense statement is this?

And you want to fit in so you don't do math?

Wtf?

I don't want to fit in with any people who can't do math.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:33 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,665,850 times
I get a window seat and take notes about the places we are flying over so I must be an old spy, right? so long as the guy was not doing statistical regression analysis in his head I would not worry.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What kind of nonsense statement is this?

And you want to fit in so you don't do math?

Wtf?

I don't want to fit in with any people who can't do math.
I do math at home or in my office. I don't do heavy math on a plane because I consider it bizarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies