Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 07:39 PM

991 posts, read 629,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Good question. Not sure about your inquiry. We ultimately need to eradicate all violence but there would be a transition while the guns where confiscated. Ultimately, nobody would need a gun.

For the hunter, use a bow and arrow.
But, But, The bow and arrow was originally made for killing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 10:50 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Good question. Not sure about your inquiry. We ultimately need to eradicate all violence but there would be a transition while the guns where confiscated. Ultimately, nobody would need a gun.

How about No. Such an effort would be fatal to those that would attempt it. At some point people like you will come to understand what you are advocating.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:11 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I looked up her stance against guns and it's not 100% clear to me what she plans on doing.

an all out ban on assault rifles would mean a LOT of jobs lost in this country. and since more people are murdered with pistols, how will she reconcile this?
With everything going on in our country and the world.....this is your priority

Old 05-07-2016, 11:25 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
With everything going on in our country and the world.....this is your priority
Really. So why do Democrats continue to drive down that dead-end road?

Old 05-07-2016, 11:29 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Really. So why do Democrats continue to drive down that dead-end road?
I responded to the OP's post. You are trying to change the subject.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Movies and TV have made the guns that are painted black and have detachable magazines items of great fear. They are not any more frightening to me than any other firearm. I am not frightened by the gun but by the person pointing it at me. I did not, while in 'Nam, ever shoot at the gun being aimed at me. I shot at the person.

So let us stop fussing about the types of guns and better understand and stop the people that use them to commit assault, robbery and murder. Work on the people not the weapon.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:20 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE Newman View Post
Could someone define for me the term "assault rifle"?
You take a bar of soap and shave it down to look like a blunderbuss.

Old 05-08-2016, 07:22 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
If in some unlikely universe that Hillary can win the Presidency, the Senate, and the House, then yes you will see a load of liberal legislation rammed down the GOPs throat. I think the first two realities are possible, but the third is not as likely. You don't see House flips as often in Presidential years. I mean look at Ronald Reagan's victories for example.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:17 AM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Movies and TV have made the guns that are painted black and have detachable magazines items of great fear. They are not any more frightening to me than any other firearm. I am not frightened by the gun but by the person pointing it at me. I did not, while in 'Nam, ever shoot at the gun being aimed at me. I shot at the person.

So let us stop fussing about the types of guns and better understand and stop the people that use them to commit assault, robbery and murder. Work on the people not the weapon.
Exactly. I don't think that most of these anti-gun people realize that if we had not used them in war to protect their freedoms, they could not say stupid things about guns today.

Old 05-08-2016, 09:57 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:

Right, because once you ban guns little old ladies will suddenly be able to fight off 20 year old attackers bare handed.

Great-grandma, 80, guns down intruder after crowbar beating | abc7chicago.com

Quote:
That is a tragedy if true (alcohol deaths). But, wine is not made as a tool to kill. Alcohol is also highly regulated. People don't give their toddlers pints of Jim Bean like they do guns. Anyway, guns are tools made to kill. That's all I know and that is all I want to know. Yes, I think they should all be banned but I understand that our violent society will not go there - at this time. Maybe if we ever advance then this issue can be taken care of but until then - restrictions, policy and anything to keep guns out of the hands of all Americans. Hate guns and hope to never see one again in my life. Smack your head ti'l you get a concussion. Or, put your loaded gun to your head and pull the trigger since guns don't kill. See what happens!!!
If that's really all you know, you're really quite ignorant, hardly surprising most anti gun nuts are. You think alcohol is more regulated than guns are? You really don't know anything about guns at all, do you. No one gives toddlers guns, that's more anti gun nut ignorance, people DO give alcohol to toddlers and minors every day though.

A loaded gun to your head does nothing until YOU pull the trigger, why can't you get that through your head? The gun does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on it's own.

Anti gun nuts, removing any doubt about their utter ignorance every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies