Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 09:18 PM

242 posts, read 192,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why would someone be a gay basher just because they don't believe in the lifestyle?
Because it's like saying that you don't believe in someone's skin color, or someone's sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,127,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Why would someone be a gay basher just because they don't believe in the lifestyle?
As the other poster said, gay people lead any number of lifestyles, just like anyone else.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,229,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
I don't agree with men sleeping with men and women sleeping with women, was that not clearly indicated in my statement? Just because an individual does not believe in the gay lifestyle, does not make them a gay basher you know.
And no one is forcing you to do so.
So sad that you can't be happy for people who love each other.
It's hard to find in this world, why would you want to deny that to a human?

BTW, gay is not a "lifestyle" - it is a person's sexual orientation.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:51 AM

384 posts, read 1,707,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cop View Post
How is that racist? Most people on welfare are African American. Lateasha is typically an African American name. Political correctness has destorted reality to the nth degree.
So you believe that "Latesha" is the only type of people that are on welfare having babies huh? What about the Jews in New York with kids after kids, the hispanics with kids after kids, the Russians and other races who are ALSO on welfare and having multiple children; some of whom are mothers for multiple fathers? I guess "blacks are the only ones on welfare in America. When I lived in an apartment complex, my next door neighbor who has never left the state of Florida in her entire life was on welfare and both children belong to different fathers and both her and her mother are on welfare. She's white.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
So if they lived in the same household, raised children together, and acted as a couple in every other fashion, but were completely celibate, it would be okay with you? That seems just a little arbitrary to me.
Ok it seem as though I have to be literal with some people in here. I don't believe that the gay lifestyle is correct, I do not believe that man should be with a man as he is with a woman and vice versa. However, I am not God and will cast no judgement against them nor would I condemn them for living their lifestyle. I will treat them just as a treat anyone else, I SIMPLY JUST DON'T BELIEVE THAT MAN AND WOMAN SHOULD BE INTIMATE OR ANY OTHER COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP TOGETHER UNLESS.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
No, it was not clearly indicated, that's why I asked. Gays and lesbians can lead a range of lifestyles, just like heterosexuals. But thanks for clearing that up.

You don't agree with gay men and lesbians expressing their love for one another through sex and affection. In my book, you go down as a gay basher, and I'll be happy to write you a fifty page thesis on why you are one.
You can cast your judgement on me but at the end of the day I won't lose any sleep over it. I simply don't believe that man or woman should be with someone of the same sex as a heterosexual relationship. Do I turn my nose up at them when i see them? No because that's not my business what they want to do in their bedrooms as long as it's not illegal.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiloMike View Post
Because?

Do you believe in chairs? Cucumbers? Presbyterians? I find it a very silly choice of language to assert that you "don't believe" in something that clearly exists.
Ok I really do have to be more detailed when reply to a topic in here. In layman's term, just because I don't believe in it (Meaning I do not think the relationship is right) does not say I don't believe it exists. I am sure you don't believe in a lot of things but you know it exists. However, if it is necessary for me to use proper grammar on a chat forum then please say so, because I honestly did not believe this forum was started as a english class. Should I also be using proper punctuations and spellings as well?

Old 06-24-2008, 02:11 PM

242 posts, read 192,704 times
Quote:
You can cast your judgement on me but at the end of the day I won't lose any sleep over it.
You were not judged; you were analyzed. You tried to escape the label of "gay basher," and I still say that you are one, given your pronouncements. Of course, I don't expect you to recognize that.

Quote:
I simply don't believe that man or woman should be with someone of the same sex as a heterosexual relationship. Do I turn my nose up at them when i see them? No because that's not my business what they want to do in their bedrooms as long as it's not illegal.
Basically, you don't believe in what you don't understand. That's the crux of your "belief."

Last edited by nodixieforme; 06-24-2008 at 02:33 PM..

Old 06-24-2008, 02:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,127,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
Ok it seem as though I have to be literal with some people in here.
Well, it seemed a necessary enough question, because I have asked the same as some posters on this very forum, and they've said that yes, it's all acceptable as long as the couple remains celibate. So some really do feel that way.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:18 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,150,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
You were not judged; you were analyzed. You tried to escape the label of "gay basher," and I still say that you are one, given your pronouncements. Of course, I don't expect you to recognize that.

Basically, you don't believe in what you don't understand. That's the crux of your "belief."
There is a direct correlation between education level and religious intolerance/anti-gay bigotry. Those with less education seem more easily coerced into Bible literalism and all types of intolerance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies