Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 03:25 PM

384 posts, read 1,709,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
There is a direct correlation between education level and religious intolerance/anti-gay bigotry. Those with less education seem more easily coerced into Bible literalism and all types of intolerance.
lol and so because I don't think that a gay relationship is right that makes me uneducated??? wow I didn't know that I had to be "educated" to agree or disagree with something I don't think is right. Hmmm let me guess, is it because I am black that I am "uneducated"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 03:34 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
Ok I really do have to be more detailed when reply to a topic in here. In layman's term, just because I don't believe in it (Meaning I do not think the relationship is right) does not say I don't believe it exists. I am sure you don't believe in a lot of things but you know it exists. However, if it is necessary for me to use proper grammar on a chat forum then please say so, because I honestly did not believe this forum was started as a english class. Should I also be using proper punctuations and spellings as well?
Good communication skills and proper grammar are key to communication.
If you choose to be lazy in your communication techniques, that’s on you.
No one here knows what’s going on in your head. We only know what you write.
The concept of communication is to advance your ideas clearly and thoroughly.

Quote:
lol and so because I don't think that a gay relationship is right that makes me uneducated??? wow I didn't know that I had to be "educated" to agree or disagree with something I don't think is right. Hmmm let me guess, is it because I am black that I am "uneducated"?
How would anyone here know what your racial background was, if not for your self-disclosure?
Again, communication is key.
You act uneducated by your communication style.

Since you mentioned your race, how do you feel about people who think you're wrong and inferior simply because you're black?
Does it feel good to you?
You're promoting the same garbage at homosexuals.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:46 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Certainly not. My partner is black, my children are bi-racial. Race has nothing to do with it.

Generally speaking, people with more education tend to question things more and not look at things as "black and white" or believe something "just because that's what I was taught". Of course there are exceptions, that's why I said, "in general". I've read studies that show the correllation.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Good communication skills and proper grammar are key to communication.
If you choose to be lazy in your communication techniques, that’s on you.
No one here knows what’s going on in your head. We only know what you write.
The concept of communication is to advance your ideas clearly and thoroughly.

How would anyone here know what your racial background was, if not for your self-disclosure?
Again, communication is key.
You act uneducated by your communication style.

Since you mentioned your race, how do you feel about people who think you're wrong and inferior simply because you're black?
Does it feel good to you?
You're promoting the same garbage at homosexuals.
I'm not in a corporate meeting to have to worry about communicating to people who aren't worried about the same with me. When this forum becomes grammatically correct, then I too will follow. Secondly I have stressed in my many many postings that I am black (mixed race of Jamaican and Scottish) nothing that was ever hidden. HOWEVER since most of you in this forum tends to single out blacks as being the "uneducated" group of people, why should I not assume so?

Again you make assumptions, did I say that Gays were inferior to me? I don't recall saying that, but then maybe reading comprehension was a lacking ability. Just because one does not agree with one's sexual orientation does not mean that they believe that individual or set of individuals to be inferior. But then that is your negative connotation of what I am trying to imply. Neverhtless, as they say, negativity begets negativity.

For the records, I did not acquire an MBA with a focus in Technology Managment, a graduate certificate in Financial Management from Cornell University and currently enrolled to begin my Ph.d if I as a black woman were lacking communication skills..even worst, UNEDUCATED. If you want to research this you may search my postings to where I have referenced to my educational accomplishments as well as my race.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:58 PM

For the records, the original poster asked a question the question is "what is wrong with gay marriages". I answered an honest question, did I say I hated gays? did I say that they did not deserve the same rights as I do. I JUST DON'T BELIEVE THAT MEN SHOULD HAVE AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH MEN AND THE SAME GOES WITH WOMEN. Now if you want to take that as gay bashing, gay hating then so be it. However, it will not change my feeling on the matter. I am sure you go around and bash everything that you don't believe in right? Or are you incapable of turning the other cheek? I don't care for the lifestyle, I am not going to go around acting as if I support the lifestyle, but I am not going to turn my nose down on anyone just because of their sexual orientation. End of argument.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I'm not in a corporate meeting to have to worry about communicating to people who aren't worried about the same with me. When this forum becomes grammatically correct, then I too will follow. Secondly I have stressed in my many many postings that I am black (mixed race of Jamaican and Scottish) nothing that was ever hidden. HOWEVER since most of you in this forum tends to single out blacks as being the "uneducated" group of people, why should I not assume so?
Well, you see how important your racial background is to me. I never read that information, nor is it germane to this discussion. You’re the self-identifier because you took umbrage at a comment.

Quote:
Again you make assumptions, did I say that Gays were inferior to me? I don't recall saying that, but then maybe reading comprehension was a lacking ability. Just because one does not agree with one's sexual orientation does not mean that they believe that individual or set of individuals to be inferior. But then that is your negative connotation of what I am trying to imply. Neverhtless, as they say, negativity begets negativity.
Yes, you are saying that gays are wrong. Therefore it is judgment placing you “on top”.

Quote:
For the records, I did not acquire an MBA with a focus in Technology Managment, a graduate certificate in Financial Management from Cornell University and currently enrolled to begin my Ph.d if I as a black woman were lacking communication skills..even worst, UNEDUCATED. If you want to research this you may search my postings to where I have referenced to my educational accomplishments as well as my race.
Should have tried a spell-check minor.
You might want to reread my post.
Seems that you’re a bit touchy about your education.
Did anyone make any comments about it? No, they made comments about your lack of communication skills after you complained that people were misunderstanding you.
Communication is conveying your message. It is on the sender moreso than the reciver.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Well, you see how important your racial background is to me. I never read that information, nor is it germane to this discussion. You’re the self-identifier because you took umbrage at a comment.

Yes, you are saying that gays are wrong. Therefore it is judgment placing you “on top”.

Should have tried a spell-check minor.
You might want to reread my post.
Seems that you’re a bit touchy about your education.
Did anyone make any comments about it? No, they made comments about your lack of communication skills after you complained that people were misunderstanding you.
Communication is conveying your message. It is on the sender moreso than the reciver.

I have no interest in being "grammatically" correct in a forum... in regards to your comment about being touchy on my education, in a quote taken from an earlier post "There is a direct correlation between education level and religious intolerance/anti-gay bigotry. Those with less education seem more easily coerced into Bible literalism and all types of intolerance". What is your interpretation of what is being implied here? Is it lack of education that makes one in disagreement with another's lifestyle? IF that is the case then we are ALL lacking education because surely no one is in agreement with the way everyone lives their lives. I disagree with the gay lifestyle, take it as you may, but I am sure that I don't go around cursing gays, scorning them or even hating on them. My gay friends know that I don't agree with their sexuality and they accept that and you know something that's all that matters to me. Bottom line we still get along very well.

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 06-24-2008, 04:32 PM

So, you're saying that a degree doesn't equal education.
Pretty clear to me.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:50 PM

242 posts, read 193,247 times
Quote:
For the records, the original poster asked a question the question is "what is wrong with gay marriages". I answered an honest question, did I say I hated gays? did I say that they did not deserve the same rights as I do. I JUST DON'T BELIEVE THAT MEN SHOULD HAVE AN INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH MEN AND THE SAME GOES WITH WOMEN. Now if you want to take that as gay bashing, gay hating then so be it. However, it will not change my feeling on the matter. I am sure you go around and bash everything that you don't believe in right? Or are you incapable of turning the other cheek? I don't care for the lifestyle, I am not going to go around acting as if I support the lifestyle, but I am not going to turn my nose down on anyone just because of their sexual orientation. End of argument.
You make no sense at all. How can you not believe in something that's (for most people) a manifestation of being human in an intimate, exclusive relationship? In effect, you are basically saying that being gay is ok as long as there is no sex involved between the two men or two women, which is just a cop out to avoid stating that you don't believe in gay people and their love. You can twist and distort the words as much as you want to; the meaning is still clear.

I still call gay basher.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies