Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 08:51 PM

399 posts, read 554,415 times

Advertisements

Try being gay...
maybe try gay sex too.

Using your mentality, I can say.... How can you disprove a lifestyle if you never tried it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadel812 View Post
I have no interest in being "grammatically" correct in a forum... in regards to your comment about being touchy on my education, in a quote taken from an earlier post "There is a direct correlation between education level and religious intolerance/anti-gay bigotry. Those with less education seem more easily coerced into Bible literalism and all types of intolerance". What is your interpretation of what is being implied here? Is it lack of education that makes one in disagreement with another's lifestyle? IF that is the case then we are ALL lacking education because surely no one is in agreement with the way everyone lives their lives. I disagree with the gay lifestyle, take it as you may, but I am sure that I don't go around cursing gays, scorning them or even hating on them. My gay friends know that I don't agree with their sexuality and they accept that and you know something that's all that matters to me. Bottom line we still get along very well.

[+] Rate this post positively
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 09:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
I would imagine such people would only tell you that they don't need to pick up a rattlesnake and get bitten by it to find out that it's a bad idea to actually fool around with.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I would imagine such people would only tell you that they don't need to pick up a rattlesnake and get bitten by it to find out that it's a bad idea to actually fool around with.
Oh lordie, give me a big fat break.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:25 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default A person lifestyle and sexual orientation are one in the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And no one is forcing you to do so.
So sad that you can't be happy for people who love each other.
It's hard to find in this world, why would you want to deny that to a human?

BTW, gay is not a "lifestyle" - it is a person's sexual orientation.
A person lifestyle and sexual orientation is one in the same..Heterosexual orientation and lifestyle vs. Homosexual orientation and lifestyle. Homosexual Marriage will never put Homosexual on a even footing as long as the Federal Government withhold federal benefits given to Heterosexual couples to Homosexual Couples do you follow my logic. This is the reason why Homosexual should've tried the Domestic Partnership or Civil Union route then partictioned the Federal Government for Federal Marital Benefits granted to those Relationship Of Love.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default You are talking Apples and Watermelons

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodixieforme View Post
Because it's like saying that you don't believe in someone's skin color, or someone's sex.
You are talking apples and watermelons you can't relate Homosexuality to Skin Color and Sex or Gender....people have 0 control over their's Skin Color and Gender At Birth...however Homosexual do have complete control over their's Homosexual activities , pretty much like Heterosexual whom all are predisposed to being Polygamy but through the exercise of their's own free will decide to be Monogamy.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:59 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
So I guess they can just flick a switch and "turn straight," right?

Old 06-28-2008, 09:08 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
A person lifestyle and sexual orientation is one in the same..Heterosexual orientation and lifestyle vs. Homosexual orientation and lifestyle. Homosexual Marriage will never put Homosexual on a even footing as long as the Federal Government withhold federal benefits given to Heterosexual couples to Homosexual Couples do you follow my logic. This is the reason why Homosexual should've tried the Domestic Partnership or Civil Union route then partictioned the Federal Government for Federal Marital Benefits granted to those Relationship Of Love.
Life stye and orientation are no where the same. Life style is just that and it has nothing to do with sexual orientation. Domestic partnership is missing over 1100 rights that married couples get. A domestic partner does not inherit the property of his or her spouse and if a family member so chooses, they can block access to hospital visits. The federal government withholding benefits and rights to same sex couples that are there for married same sex couples is the federal government mandating discrimination against gays. Predisposed towards polygamy? LOL

Old 06-28-2008, 09:12 AM

242 posts, read 193,247 times
Quote:
You are talking apples and watermelons you can't relate Homosexuality to Skin Color and Sex or Gender....people have 0 control over their's Skin Color and Gender At Birth...however Homosexual do have complete control over their's Homosexual activities , pretty much like Heterosexual whom all are predisposed to being Polygamy but through the exercise of their's own free will decide to be Monogamy.
You can relate them, and I just did. They are all the same thing. If you are not gay, you are in no place to state that being gay is a choice.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:22 AM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,032 times
Quote:
If anyone is comparing apples to watermelons it is you. No one has control over their sexual orientation at birth, same as with race or gender. Why you are throwing activities into the comparison is a mystery to me. Care to explain?

Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Not necessarily.
What about all of these Republican political figures who have been living a lie of being straight..
What about the countless others who have been forced to maintain a lie for fear of their livelihoods and in some cases, their lives?

What is the gay “lifestyle” – what do they do differently from straights, other than in the privacy of their bedrooms?

Why aren’t all people granted the same rights in the US?

Quote:
People are born gay or straight.
There’s no control.

Doesn’t meet your requirements? Too bad.
Ever consider being with someone of the same sex? Then you know how gay and lesbian people feel about being with the opposite sex.
It’s not a choice, just like color, gender or the country you’re born in.

Don’t ask others to not enjoy sexual relations unless you are willing to give that up for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies