Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2008, 01:36 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,753,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Your assuming that people are born gay or lesbian. I don't believe that anymore than I believe a pedophile is born that way, a rapist is born that way, a guy that cheets on his wife is born that way. These are all actions that a person chooses to act on and not how someone was born. People are born male or female. People are born black, white, asian, hispanic. People are born big or small. Those are attributes that a person has. You don't have a choice whether you are any of those things. Some people are born with different mental abilities or physical abilities. You can't change that either. Chances are if you are born blind you will remain that way. When you have a choice that is not an attribute that places you in a recognized group. Mayby Michael Jackson can change the color of his skin, but I doubt many people can do that. People that are attracted to the same sex can change how they act. They may need counseling or someother help, but they can change.
To quote Ellen Ripley:

"Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

You didn't bother to read the link I posted, did you? Didn't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
I'll support gay marriage as soon as polygamy is made legal.
Why? One gay marriage not enough for you? Let's not be greedy.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:42 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
...because God only knows what kind of in-fighting we'd have and God awful things we'd do overseas in the name of God.
Too late...

Heterosexuals have already ruined the "institution" of marriage through a near 50% divorce rate, prenups etc. There is no "moral high ground" in denying homosexuals the right to form marriages, or civil unions or whatever, no matter how much asserting it makes anyone feel better about their beliefs or makes them feel that their beliefs are superior to anyone else's. If gays get "married" in a courtroom as could a heterosexual couple, what is so "religious" about that? Do atheist/agnostic heterosexuals get married? And if they do is it "religious?"

Oh yeah people....not everyone out there wants to have kids. Those people are a blessing to those of you who complain about crowded schools, daycares and such.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:52 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Sex is legal between a man and a woman that are married.
Says who? Last I checked, our jails weren't filled with unmarried people who engaged in sexual intercourse ... are there laws like that on the books of your state? If there is, let me know so I never live there!

Quote:
My wife and I have sex all the time and love it

No no no no no no!!! Too much information!!! All the time? When do you do dishes and laundry ... no, don't answer that!

Old 02-15-2008, 01:52 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Suffering Sounds like someone is sufferering from ignorance!

Not hard to have kids, just expensive. No component is missing. Maybe you should make an effort to meet a gay couple to dispel your fears.
I live in sunny California and have a lot of friends that are living the lifestyle. My brother included. Have yet to see any happy family life going on though. Have yet to see any kids involved with the happy gay couples that you are speaking of. The only thing that I see is a lot of self centered people with very low self esteem using there next acquired worldly good to try and make them feel happy and loved. But that is just my opinion. As far as my credentialls I live near, work with, and have been to plenty of parties with gay and strait couples.

Saying that maybe it makes more sence to why they would want to get married. Probably searching for the feeling that they get when they purchase some new item. Only thing is that feeling doesn't last. Any married couple will tell you that they have to work at a happy marriage.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Your assuming that people are born gay or lesbian. I don't believe that anymore than I believe a pedophile is born that way, a rapist is born that way, a guy that cheets on his wife is born that way.
You're equating gays and lesbians with criminals??? Oh what a world!! You'd have everyone who is having sex without being married in jail as well as all the gays and lesbians ... for breaking WHAT LAW???

And don't say God's law ... God isn't in my courtroom.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:56 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Says who? Last I checked, our jails weren't filled with unmarried people who engaged in sexual intercourse ... are there laws like that on the books of your state? If there is, let me know so I never live there!
People in Jails seldom follow laws.

No no no no no no!!! Too much information!!! All the time? When do you do dishes and laundry ... no, don't answer that!
Its OK for those that are part of the same sex attraction group to have a pride parade and show off there entire bodies and push there beliefs on the world but its too much information when I state that my wife and I have sex.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:59 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,753,677 times
Quote:
...push there beliefs on the world...
I'm sure glad that YOU aren't pushing YOUR beliefs on the world. Oh wait, you are.

Oh, and by the way...there, they're, their...to know them is to love them.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:01 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Its OK for those that are part of the same sex attraction group to have a pride parade and show off there entire bodies and push there beliefs on the world but its too much information when I state that my wife and I have sex.
It's legal for both of you to be crass. As far as I'm concerned, neither is particularly classy.

Here's the thing: Living in a free country means that sometimes you forfeit the right to be comfortable. You are going to see and hear things that offend you. Deal with it or move to a theocracy. Do you think everyone must think like you do? Or I do? Certainly not. Takes all kinds. Just don't flaunt your supposed moral superiority and expect people to love you for it.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I could care less if you and your wife have sex (all the time, if I recall your post). You are imposing your views, which I assume are based on biblical belief rather than legal belief.

You're revealing and revelling in your and your spouse's sex says a lot about you and nothing about gays and lesbians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies