Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 03:53 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Well, now that's a reasonable argument. I often find that this is rarely the argument, or if it is, it's replaced by a totality of conservative ideology. You seem to be suggesting that you don't really care if a transgendered person can use the bathroom they feel most comfortable in, but are concerned by the vagueness of allowing this, which opens up a door for possible abuse. Rather or not these abuses are happening and to what extreme (many take this right up to a 10 saying rape is bound to increase, though this remains to not be the case in any state that allows for these new policies), to argue that they exist and should be resolved in reasonable while also acknowledging the issue of trans rights. Because regardless of what you think of transgendered people, it's impossible to deny that they exist and they aren't just making things up. It's not a conscious choice to be a transgender. Some present it as if it is. Often, they are arguing against the transgendered bathroom policies in such a rigid way that it can't be hard to see why so many reject the conservative argument on this.
Based on what, exactly? What's the actual legal definition of transgender? Because schools are being forced by Obama to let those with penises and testicles "calling themselves" "transgender" change and shower with MINOR girls in school multiple occupancy locker and shower rooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 05:32 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, part of your post said, "it's according to sane people..."
Right, sane people of all political stripes have objections, concerns, and reservations about this, not just a fringe minority of nut jobs on the political right.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Well, now that's a reasonable argument. I often find that this is rarely the argument, or if it is, it's replaced by a totality of conservative ideology. You seem to be suggesting that you don't really care if a transgendered person can use the bathroom they feel most comfortable in, but are concerned by the vagueness of allowing this, which opens up a door for possible abuse. Rather or not these abuses are happening and to what extreme (many take this right up to a 10 saying rape is bound to increase, though this remains to not be the case in any state that allows for these new policies), to argue that they exist and should be resolved in reasonable while also acknowledging the issue of trans rights. Because regardless of what you think of transgendered people, it's impossible to deny that they exist and they aren't just making things up. It's not a conscious choice to be a transgender. Some present it as if it is. Often, they are arguing against the transgendered bathroom policies in such a rigid way that it can't be hard to see why so many reject the conservative argument on this.
You are correct...

I don't have a problem with actual transgender people being allowed to use the restroom of the gender they indentify with, though that does still present it's own issues. But the problem is those who argue for this, basically place zero qualifications on what it is to be transgender, which undoubtedly opens the door for people to abuse and hide behind what is otherwise a good intended policy, and they want these policies extended in to extra sensitive places like middle school facilties.

If we're going to allow a grown man for instance, to use a restroom with young girls, I don't think it's too much to ask that they establish proof of some sort that they legitimately are transgenderred.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
regardless of what you think of transgendered people, it's impossible to deny that they exist and they aren't just making things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Based on what, exactly? What's the actual legal definition of transgender? Because schools are being forced by Obama to let those with penises and testicles "calling themselves" "transgender" change and shower with MINOR girls in school multiple occupancy locker and shower rooms.
I can't think of any reason why someone would choose to be tranmsgenderred and open themselves up to discrimination, ostracization, and alienation, can you?

Old 05-16-2016, 06:13 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder...are all leftists complete morons?
No need to wonder. Yes. The answer is yes.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:18 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,609,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What a novel concept! Schools taking a cue from listening to their students.
Yes, by all means--let's have fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, and seventeen year-olds craft school policy rather than parents, teachers, and school administrators. I suppose in your house the five year-old runs your family's schedule and decides meal plans.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I have to wonder...are all leftists complete morons?
I have to wonder, why you even needed to ask.. Isnt the answer obvious?

Old 05-16-2016, 09:08 PM

50,818 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Right, sane people of all political stripes have objections, concerns, and reservations about this, not just a fringe minority of nut jobs on the political right.
Love the phrasing!

Old 05-16-2016, 09:24 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
here a Conservative Bathroom Ideals, I dont care where you pee, just dont pee on me.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:28 PM

865 posts, read 623,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Whats next? whats left? probably nambla rights
Sadly, that was my thought...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies