Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:08 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
What's your point? You never made one.
If you cannot appreciate the allegory, I am afraid I cannot help you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 05:13 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
There is no place on the planet earth with a significant black (of African decent) population that is a safe place to be. That is why people associate violence with blacks. People will claim it's because of poverty, but the truth is that blacks have significantly higher testosterone levels compared to other races. Add to this that virtually all scientific studies that can be taken seriously point out that those of African decent are less intelligent than whites, East asians, and all that's in between When compared on the average.

This is a horrible truth that nobody wants to accept these days because of political corectness despite the notion that it was once considered common sense and still outside of Western society.

I hate the fact that this is true. I really do wish there was some way to level the playing field outside of throwing money at the problem, but unfortunately there is not at this time. It is for this reason that race on a collective whole must be a taken into consideration when addressing crime on a large scale. It's definitely not politically correct, but if it keeps people safer (including blacks), I'm all for it. If the number one indicator of violent crime in the United States is the percentage of blacks residing in an area (it is), I have no problem with said data being used to address the crime problem.

If you had read my post I address the problem actually. Solving issues with black crime is brain dead simple. But statist aren't really all that interested in solving problems. Just passing blame.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
Also, I give these people a pass too. They're stupid violent people. They don't choose to be that way. They just are.
That is not true. Stupid, violent people do choose to be that way. It's just that it is at least understandable how that might have happened. It is harder to get my head around some pampered suburbanite teen-ager going on a tear with an assault rifle and taking out an entire Bed-Stuy's weekend's worth of innocents in just a few minutes.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
REAL statistical studies show that crime is a function of poverty, not pigmentation and blacks have more poverty due to our countries history.

Uneducated idiots with a racial agenda will of course not recognize that, they are just looking for something *simple* that fits their worldview.

It's no different than all the garbage about "red states" and "blue states".
There is a stronger relationship between crime and family status (one versus two parents) than income. Our prisons are full of bastards. Seven out of ten black children are born out of wedlock. .

Actually the plight of black Americans is a great example of how government can harm huge swaths of the population. Slavery, Jim Crow, the war on poverty and the war on drugs have taken their toll.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:28 PM

788 posts, read 512,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The FBI doesn't perform causality statistical studies, they just collect the data.

So, when I'm saying "Uneducated idiots..." I'm referring to people like you.

Glad I could clear that up.
Masters Degree, 130 IQ. Educated and Intelligent. Not surprised you got it completely wrong. Name calling is not supposed to be engaged in here (read the TOS). Projection, however, is still in the running, and leading by several lengths.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There is a stronger relationship between crime and family status (one versus two parents) than income. Our prison are full of bastards. Seven out of ten black children are born out of wedlock. .
The concept that there is a relationship between crime and poverty has been so utterly disproven that only agenda-driven people pose it as an issue - well, them and the truly ignorant.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:31 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
The concept that there is a relationship between crime and poverty has been so utterly disproven that only agenda-driven people pose it as an issue - well, them and the truly ignorant.
Really? Care to provide the study that disproves this empirically?

Old 05-09-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Really? Care to provide the study that disproves this empirically?
Sure, the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics. Do the research. And, BTW, go ask those who advocate a cause and effect relationship between poverty and crime for their evidence.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:34 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
One way to test the "poverty causes crime" statistics is to compare racial/ethnic groups with similar degrees of wealth and poverty. In other words what does the crime rate look like between blacks versus Hispanics? And then between whites versus Asians?
I'm getting a little annoyed with this constant conflation of Black with Hispanic and Asian with White. There is nothing inherently "similar" between blacks and latinos. Or between white and asian for that matter. It should, in fact, concern white people more that in many coveted job titles Asians outcompete whites by a huge factor. But that's not my fight. It does concern me that many employers only hire Hispanics, and if you don't think that it takes employment to create wealth and escape poverty well it might explain the existence of threads like this.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
If you had read my post I address the problem actually. Solving issues with black crime is brain dead simple. But statist aren't really all that interested in solving problems. Just passing blame.
A libertarian myself but I find the libertarian use of the word statist akin to the use of the word racist by liberals and tend to ignore people who use those words.

The high black crime rate is the result of gross government involvement, both past and present, in the lives of black Americans. There is no criminal gene.

Ignore facts to your own detriment. The fact is the state of urban black America is a sad example of big government's corrosive effects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies