Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 09:33 AM

77,878 posts, read 60,016,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Masters Degree, 130 IQ. Educated and Intelligent. Not surprised you got it completely wrong. Name calling is not supposed to be engaged in here (read the TOS). Projection, however, is still in the running, and leading by several lengths.
1. Unfortunately you don't know sh*t about statistical correlation and attempts to point that out have run in a hard wall of arrogance because you are so smart and educated after all....lol.

2. This is the Pol and Other Controversies forum, it's a little *rougher* than the other forum and they all have different moderation. If you're the sensitive type, you should probably go elsewhere.

3. Being smart recognizes where you are and are not educated. While I'm smarter and more educated than most diesel engine mechanics I don't have the hubris to tell them how to work on them since I don't know anything about them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 09:46 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,958,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
When you go fishing for trout, do you fish in a cold, clean stream, or do you fish in a sewage drainage ditch?

Political correctness asks us to ignore statistics and cold hard facts to satisfy political goals.
I will take it even further by saying that by ignoring stats, you are ignoring the root all causes that which are being researched.

But again, we live in a world where everyone is equal so therefore we all have the same opportunities and there is nothing to see here or there.

Meanwhile, that fungus you never took care of has gutted out the soles of your feet and yet, you think it was "god's will".

When are we going to wake up to the fact that police don't just up and beat people up? Blacks don't sling crack on the corner simply to pass time. These issues are deeply imbedded within our subconscious because of systemic practices and written laws over generations. Laws were re-written but neither the oppressed or policed have received the type of psychological assistance they need in order to properly deal with each other. But everyone keeps looking at the offenses of both sides but not what is causing the offenses ON BOTH SIDES. NOBODY GETS A PASS. Not the white man, not the black man, not the police.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:06 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,958,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The "black community" is composed of many individuals making independent choices.

Those choices are not the result of a grand conspiracy by whites to prevent blacks achieving equality.

The choice to consistently score low on standardized tests like the SAT is a choice to inadequately prepare for the test ahead of time.

How does any white person prevent a black test taker from preparing for a test?

How does a white person keep a black father away from his children and the mother of his children if he is committed to being a dedicated father?

How does a white person cause a black male to kill another black male?

What prevents blacks from achieving equality is black behavior.
You are looking at it from a 2016's perspective. It is not the individual, it is the system.

Tim wise, who grew up and went to school with majority black, was given a D in class. When the teacher was confronted by his mother, the first sentence was "how could you send your child to a school like this"... A white student crucified by another simply for associating with black students...

The problem is the denial that nothing is happening and that people of color have a clear path to victory, which is far from the truth... I don't only get my information from blacks or latinos. I get it from whites that understand the ins of the system but are calling it out...

I have all day and there is much more of this where it came from- and all by non-blacks speaking up.

Tell me how I am doing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13nqzefyoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UttLjTl7Gqg

Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,562,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The "black community" is composed of many individuals making independent choices.

Those choices are not the result of a grand conspiracy by whites to prevent blacks achieving equality.

The choice to consistently score low on standardized tests like the SAT is a choice to inadequately prepare for the test ahead of time.

How does any white person prevent a black test taker from preparing for a test?

How does a white person keep a black father away from his children and the mother of his children if he is committed to being a dedicated father?

How does a white person cause a black male to kill another black male?

What prevents blacks from achieving equality is black behavior.

We cannot have real competition unless we have a truly free market. Today there are too many protectionist laws that protect the white establishment and white business. While there are some markets that are less regulated in such a matter, the main issue is starting businesses. Many black businesses can't get massive amounts of funding from investment groups. So yeah the system does have a glass ceiling because we don't have a true free market.

If and when we get a true free market, then we will see true balance in competition. But do not delude yourself that there is a "equal playing field" in a protectionist economy.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:19 AM

28,579 posts, read 18,614,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
We cannot have real competition unless we have a truly free market. Today there are too many protectionist laws that protect the white establishment and white business. While there are some markets that are less regulated in such a matter, the main issue is starting businesses. Many black businesses can't get massive amounts of funding from investment groups. So yeah the system does have a glass ceiling because we don't have a true free market.

If and when we get a true free market, then we will see true balance in competition. But do not delude yourself that there is a "equal playing field" in a protectionist economy.
This has been discussed in another thread.

There won't ever be a true "free market" in terms of race or anything else because human beings do not make purchases, provide services, or make investments purely on the basis of economics.

Human beings make purchases, provide services, or make investments based at least partially--and often wholly--on the basis of emotion and prejudices.

For instance, a good many personal service providers would rather earn less income than do business with certain categories of persons...and that's been the case since Hammurabi was a file clerk.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
This has been discussed in another thread.

There won't ever be a true "free market" in terms of race or anything else because human beings do not make purchases, provide services, or make investments purely on the basis of economics.
People make purchases based on what they feel is of value, or things they want or need. The main issue with "investments" is that it's the age old chicken-egg problem. Black crime is a chick-egg problem. A lot of issue with blacks in America are chick-egg problems. For the most part, white nationalist groups strive on "chicken-egg" problems.

It's a huge circle jerk, which is why we just need to just scrap the whole system and start from scratch.

Quote:
Human beings make purchases, provide services, or make investments based at least partially--and often wholly--on the basis of emotion and prejudices.
People do not make decisions emotionally or based on race. They make decisions based on what they feel is needed for them to survive. There is survival in having money, so if a black business has a superior business model to a white business, people will always do what is in their best interest to survive.

The real question is "do people care about personal survival or racial survival". Evidence seem to suggest they care about personal survival. Since really race isn't an extension of you and your family, it does not factor into people's personal decisions.

Racial thinkers tend to think racial association is natural. But evidence suggest it's not. It's based on a political and social system that we're born into and shapes our worldview. But no evident seems to suggest that if we were born into a different social system that people wouldn't associate on diffrent lines. As a matter of fact I banking on the fact that if you eliminate the concept of race, people would associate on completely different grounds.

Quote:
For instance, a good many personal service providers would rather earn less income than do business with certain categories of persons...and that's been the case since Hammurabi was a file clerk.

And businesses can't survive when they purposely limit their business. That's just business 101.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:13 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,001,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You are looking at it from a 2016's perspective. It is not the individual, it is the system.

Tim wise, who grew up and went to school with majority black, was given a D in class. When the teacher was confronted by his mother, the first sentence was "how could you send your child to a school like this"... A white student crucified by another simply for associating with black students...

The problem is the denial that nothing is happening and that people of color have a clear path to victory, which is far from the truth... I don't only get my information from blacks or latinos. I get it from whites that understand the ins of the system but are calling it out...

I have all day and there is much more of this where it came from- and all by non-blacks speaking up.

Tell me how I am doing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13nqzefyoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UttLjTl7Gqg
The biggest enemy of the black community in this country is black people and the bleading hearts that enable them. It's been that way for a very long time. This white male privilege nonsense is just retarded on so many levels. This is 2016 not 1965. Both women and minorities not coming from wealth have more opportunity in this country if they're willing t seize it. Not all white people are born into some aristocratic privileged secret society. This is why my brother tells his son that in order for him to be successful he will have to be above average. He will have to work harder because nobody is going to go out of their way to give him anything unlike his big sister that is going to be drop dead gorgeous or the certain minority groups that people like yourself will bend over backwards to help because of this ridiculous sense of white guilt you've developed.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:50 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,882,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
The biggest enemy of the black community in this country is black people and the bleading hearts that enable them. It's been that way for a very long time. This white male privilege nonsense is just retarded on so many levels. This is 2016 not 1965. Both women and minorities not coming from wealth have more opportunity in this country if they're willing t seize it. Not all white people are born into some aristocratic privileged secret society. This is why my brother tells his son that in order for him to be successful he will have to be above average. He will have to work harder because nobody is going to go out of their way to give him anything unlike his big sister that is going to be drop dead gorgeous or the certain minority groups that people like yourself will bend over backwards to help because of this ridiculous sense of white guilt you've developed.
Guess what? Strenuously objecting to the validity of reality will never make reality change. Despite your assertions, it remains a truth that success breeds success. Bill Gates is a self made billionaire but there are not millions of Bill Gates'. You do need to be able to cite millions and I mean millions of examples of poor people that have overcome their gritty initial circumstances and are now sitting comfortably in the 10%. When you do that I will listen to your truth that it is only black inertia and bleeding heart enablers that keep blacks down. You also need to define "down", because, as I understand it, black people, as a group, out earn hispanics by a HUGE margin. Hispanic unemployment is undetectable at under 4% and as a group they are able to send 52B in remittances to Central America but black Americans eclipse that despite 16% unemployment!! Because the cohort of ultra high achieving black people (Sports and Entertainment included, of course) dwarfs that found in any other grouping of human beings. Including Asians. There are more black people with medical degrees and other advanced STEM credentials being kept out of hospitals and laboratories and tech campuses around the country than all the professional hispanics combined. The loss in GDP to this country of keeping blacks sidelined, and/or not compensating those who do participate at levels commensurate with other races costs this country 300B/yr. Consider all of that before you post again.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:09 PM

28,579 posts, read 18,614,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
And businesses can't survive when they purposely limit their business. That's just business 101.

When I was a kid, there were scads of businesses surviving just fine limiting their business to white people.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
When I was a kid, there were scads of businesses surviving just fine limiting their business to white people.
Because they were protected by government. Government can and often does protect businesses from their bad decisions. This is why I'm against protectionism. I advocate a completely free market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies