Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 12:34 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Hmmm...

Posting about what blacks should do in a mostly white forum where there are barely any black members to take the "advice"?

There are lots of so-called black people on this forum...If you had not noticed the readership is up in the millions because City Data is HUGE..

Old 05-16-2016, 12:53 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
There are lots of so-called black people on this forum...If you had not noticed the readership is up in the millions because City Data is HUGE..
Nope. There are plenty of posters that claim they are black but really aren't(and its always easy for us real black folks to be able to identify these liars). Look at who responds to the majority of these threads, it's always 90% whites that want to insert their opinions(many with prejudices) and it's always the same few black posters that chime in to speak out against the ignorance. This specific forum is mostly white, despite the fact that there are always at least 2 or 3 three threads about blacks on the front page of this forum on the weekly basis. The fascination with us is real.

Meanwhile, when I want to discuss how blacks can progress I don't involve whites in the discussion(because it doesn't apply to them duh). Its strange to open up this type of discussion to a mostly nonblack audience in the first place.

Thankfully there are forums where 95% of posters are blacks--the rest are people who aren't black but have a vested interest--and I imagine the if the op truly was interested in having a meaningful discussion those would be the forums where he would have this discussion because he would be amongst the intended audience.

Either he isn't black, or if he is, he isn't looking to truly have this discussion about blacks with actual blacks because if he were he wouldn't be posting this on here knowing the way these threads almost always turn out.

But do carry on.

Old 05-16-2016, 12:59 PM

1,504 posts, read 851,239 times
Quote:
Nope. There are plenty of posters that claim they are black but really aren't(and its always easy for us real black folks to be able to identify these liars). Look at who responds to the majority of these threads, it's always 90% whites that want to insert their opinions(many with prejudices) and it's always the same few black posters that chime in to speak out against the ignorance. This specific forum is mostly white, despite the fact that there are always at least 2 or 3 three threads about blacks on the front page of this forum on the weekly basis. The fascination with us is real.

Meanwhile, when I want to discuss how blacks can progress I don't involve whites in the discussion(because it doesn't apply to them duh). Its strange to open up this type of discussion to a mostly nonblack audience in the first place.

Thankfully there are forums where 95% of posters are blacks--the rest are people who aren't black but have a vested interest--and I imagine the if the op truly was interested in having a meaningful discussion those would be the forums where he would have this discussion because he would be amongst the intended audience.

Either he isn't black, or if he is, he isn't looking to truly have this discussion about blacks with actual blacks because if he were he wouldn't be posting this on here knowing the way these threads almost always turn out.

But do carry on.
No one here pretends to be black. That is an absurd assumption. Also you call people liars when you really do not know if they are or not. Why would you want to segregate yourself on a form where "95%" of posters are blacks....? ALL I know is that I am an old white blue eyed guy that was blonde as snow as a kid....There was only one black family in 50 miles...the mother was my music teacher...I played with Marvin...I had no idea as a child that Marvin was "black"....he was simply a smiling little boy that I played with- just Marvin. I only learned about what was black after being taught by society to separate black skin from white.

Maybe you should unlearn racism?

Old 05-16-2016, 01:27 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,288 times
Quote:
No one here pretends to be black. That is an absurd assumption. Also you call people liars when you really do not know if they are or not. Why would you want to segregate yourself on a form where "95%" of posters are blacks....? ALL I know is that I am an old white blue eyed guy that was blonde as snow as a kid....There was only one black family in 50 miles...the mother was my music teacher...I played with Marvin...I had no idea as a child that Marvin was "black"....he was simply a smiling little boy that I played with- just Marvin. I only learned about what was black after being taught by society to separate black skin from white.

Maybe you should unlearn racism?
lol and maybe you should learn what racism is. Posting on a forum where the posters are mostly aa's is not racist. These websites arent storm front, or anything of the sort--they just have mostly black posters, but if that's "racist" to you then whatever lol.

And yep there are posters who troll on this site who pretend to be many things. Black, white, gay, straight, etc. why? Because they can. In the past some of these posters were called out and later banned because it became obvious that there stories or claims were false. It happens often in other forums on here as well, someone makes up a story, you can tell the poster made it up, people question the poster because ish isn't lining up, and then the thread is later locked, and the poster is banned. Don't be dense dude, it's very easy to pretend online.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:31 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,588,923 times
Quote:
lol and maybe you should learn what racism is. Posting on a forum where the posters are mostly aa's is not racist.

And yep there are posters who troll on this site who pretend to be many things. Black, white, gay, straight, etc. why? Because they can. In the past some of these posters were called out and later banned because it became obvious that there stories or claims were false. It happens often in other forums on here as well, someone makes up a story, you can tell the poster made it up, people question the poster because ish isn't lining up, and then the thread is later locked, and the poster is banned. Don't be dense dude, it's very easy to pretend online.

G
I am black, and people often say that they don't think I'm black. Which is kind of odd, because not only am I black, I'm so black I'm purple. But because I don't have political opinions that people THINK I should have, I get called "non-black" or a "troll". The funny thing, almost all of my post have been pretty positive towards blacks in general, and while I may state what I think are pressing issues in the black community, I also offer what I feel are solutions. But I guess society at large just kind of excepts blacks to be ideologically identical. Which is in itself pretty absurd.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:22 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,580,563 times
Default Self-sabotage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I think there is a very real problem with the slave legacy that isn't talked about much: what Blacks slaves were taught generationally in regards to work was how to appear to be following task but in reality be doing everything to undermine the master's plans. That could be deliberately planting crops wrong, putting a wagon wheel on wrong, etc. I'm not saying slaves should've worked hard to enrich a master who gives them nothing and separates their families at auction and rapes their female family members. I get it. But I've noticed at school or work that some descendants of those slaves still do everything to undermine their employer or teacher, which hurts them in a competitive society. I am not saying all or most Black Americans do this but I have noticed a few do and it's a behavior I've not seen from any other group.
I think what you're referring to is "self-sabotaging" behavior. That is doing things in a backward fashion, rebel against the rules or ignore the proper order for doing things, intentionally defy a person in authority, or do things in a very illogical way (in which everyone else can clearly SEE that it's a bad, losing idea but the person unwittingly and arrogantly goes forward in it anyway). This leaves the person worse off instead of better. They take three steps forward and two steps back. This way 2/3 of the person's work and effort become of no effect. It's like a subconscious desire to fail and yes it is a very real phenomenon. I too believe that it is a horrible mental infection that developed during the trauma of slavery and had not been eradicated yet in the minds of some.

Can you give some examples that you've seen where persons undermine their teacher or employer?

Old 05-16-2016, 11:43 PM

Default What is your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
My experience is a black Doctor is as qualified as a white Doctor and a black engineer is as qualified as a white engineer and a black punk is about the same as a white punk. One discriminating factor is poverty and broken homes. A black female is more likely to have children with multiple fathers and rely on welfare than the poor, white woman.
I'm sure you had a point in your statement but for the life of me, I can't find it. If the discriminating factor is poverty and broken homes, then your examples using a Black female and a poor White woman doesn't explain the correlation. It's more like random statements made, although true, but not making a point.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:08 AM

Default Where do you live in the US?

Quote:
Firstly if they live in a crime and poverty ridden black ghetto....Move out at any cost. Move into a white middle class neighbourhood and STOP identifying as black or that stupid racist thing they call AFRICAN American....You have no connection to the continent of Africa...no more than a person who's great grandfather was from England. Lastly dump hip hop mindless gang culture. It is a fantasy and a delusion...a non-culture. And foremost- learn to articulate verbally. Ifone one of your black friends say you are trying to be white by speaking properly...they are NOT your friend. Presentation is everything. Present badly and you will do badly. Present well and you will fair well. AND forget the fact that your skin is darker than the next person....carry yourself with dignity....AND if you are a chump with ill fitting pants....pull them up or get some proper conservative clothes and buy a belt..Basic stuff....YOU are not going to fair well or be a success if you walk around with a ball cap on and florescent foot wear.
Where do you live where a person who is poverty stricken can just up and move out of the ghetto into a White middle class neighborhood? Is section 8 now a substantial part of White middle class housing where you live because that is the only way a poor, ghetto person can just up and move without a serious increase in a legal salary.

Self-identifying using a cultural heritage description is NOT racist because it isn't uplifting itself at the expense of another race nor degrading/dehumanizing other races. It has no bearing on one being in poverty or not. How a person conducts and presents themselves does.

For a people from whom so much of their natural culture was destroyed, stolen, and/or desecrated during their American holocaust experience, being able to self-identify and maintain whatever shred of connection we can to the land of our ancestors may be a small victory but it is nevertheless sweet! We have a very tragic yet unique history in this country and may we never abandon our identification to settle for being an anonymous group of people without a ethnic or cultural heritage (i.e: simply called minorities, people of color, non-Hispanics, non-Whites, etc). May we never allow our identity to get lost among not only the dominant culture but all of the other minority groups whose population has surpassed ours or will surpass ours at some point in the future.

The rest of your post I agree with.

Last edited by Klassyhk; 05-17-2016 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: ...

Old 05-17-2016, 12:13 AM

Default Obsession....

Quote:
This specific forum is mostly white, despite the fact that there are always at least 2 or 3 three threads about blacks on the front page of this forum on the weekly basis. The fascination with us is real. But do carry on.
I would add not only the "fascination" with us but also the "OBSESSION" with us continues as it has for 400 years at least.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:17 AM

Default Not society

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I am black, and people often say that they don't think I'm black. Which is kind of odd, because not only am I black, I'm so black I'm purple. But because I don't have political opinions that people THINK I should have, I get called "non-black" or a "troll"... But I guess society at large just kind of excepts blacks to be ideologically identical. Which is in itself pretty absurd.
"But I guess BLACK people at large just kind of expects (other) Blacks to be ideologically identical." There, fixed it for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies