Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 11:03 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,275,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Huh?
You should have the right to drink whatever you want. You are not however entitled to someone else's drink.
You are right, you are not entitled to tell others what they can and cannot drink, even if that person might be pregnant....yet here you are thinking big government is the answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
But they CAN refuse them sugary soft drinks. I want the Prozac concession for NYC. $$$$$
That would be false, there is no law or ordinance that says anyone can refuse a sugary drink to people.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:04 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,661,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so bartenders cant refuse pregnant women alcohol, but store owners cant serve drinks larger than 16oz. what a state.

Preg Women have rights = liberals I can do whatever I want with my body ideology. (give me a beer)
Same Preg woman can't get a soda (sugar drink) over 16 oz.

Stupidity is rampant in NYC.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:53 AM

44,987 posts, read 26,141,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
You are right, you are not entitled to tell others what they can and cannot drink, even if that person might be pregnant....yet here you are thinking big government is the answer.
Never said that, stop being dishonest What I said is, you ( or a pregnant woman) are not entitled to someone else's drink (the bartenders). Whoever owns the booze gets to decide who gets the pour.
Govt. has no role in this scenario whatsoever

Old 05-10-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Never said that, stop being dishonest What I said is, you ( or a pregnant woman) are not entitled to someone else's drink (the bartenders). Whoever owns the booze gets to decide who gets the pour.
Govt. has no role in this scenario whatsoever
This has nothing to do with what the bartender drinks, this is about the bartender being to pick and choose what you get to drink. Unless you want to require bartenders to do pregnancy tests, it is not their choice if a woman wants to drink alcohol.

Face it, you support big government because you think government should be able to regulate what you drink.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with what the bartender drinks, this is about the bartender being to pick and choose what you get to drink. Unless you want to require bartenders to do pregnancy tests, it is not their choice if a woman wants to drink alcohol.

Face it, you support big government because you think government should be able to regulate what you drink.
If you re-read what I have consistently said; it should be up to the owner/management/ bartender who to serve. Nowhere is government mentioned.
I'll dumb it down even further for you; whoever owns the liquor should be the decision maker on who gets to drink it. Again, no govt is needed.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:42 PM

30,132 posts, read 23,520,254 times
Whatever happened to "We reserve the right to refuse service" to people?

Old 05-10-2016, 03:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,336,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
May 9, 2016. 6 hours ago:

_"Bartenders Can’t Refuse Pregnant Women Alcohol, New York City Says"_

“While covered entities may attempt to justify certain categorical exclusions based on maternal or fetal safety, using safety as a pretext for discrimination or as a way to reinforce traditional gender norms or stereotypes is unlawful,” the guidance released by the Commission on Human Rights on Friday says.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/10/ny...city-says.html
This has been the case for years. I remember when I went through training nearly 20 years ago to be a waiter and being stunned that we couldn't refuse alcohol to a noticeably pregnant woman. Remember it's the risk of fetal alcohol syndrome and legally the unborn baby has no right to life.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
If you re-read what I have consistently said; it should be up to the owner/management/ bartender who to serve. Nowhere is government mentioned.
I'll dumb it down even further for you; whoever owns the liquor should be the decision maker on who gets to drink it. Again, no govt is needed.
And you continue to over look the fact that no one should be telling you what you can and cannot drink, even an owner/management/bartender. Should women now take a pee test when they order a drink at the bar to prove they aren't pregnant? Does that make sense to you, I tried to make it as simple as I can?

Old 05-10-2016, 03:38 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,538,084 times
Hey cliff she can go buy a bottle of what ever she wants and then drink it all.
Because it would be HERS.

See the difference.

You just want to keep talking over the point Frank is making.

It isn't complicated.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
And you continue to over look the fact that no one should be telling you what you can and cannot drink, even an owner/management/bartender. Should women now take a pee test when they order a drink at the bar to prove they aren't pregnant? Does that make sense to you, I tried to make it as simple as I can?
Who owns the liquor? Since when are you entitled to anothers property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies