Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,085,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I always wonder why BLM is defined a "divisive," its as if there has been real; unity, reconciliation, compromise and tolerance to begin with. Trayvon Martin and Micheal Brown are the poster child for those who oppose BLM efforts. These two cases offer the most opportunity for conjecture and speculation while at the same time distracting us from the many, many , many other cut and dried cases of excessive and deadly force against unarmed Blacks who were not a threat at the time of their death at the hands of law enforcement.

Please show real stats for what you state from a vetted legit and fairly done accurate source
Blacks kills blacks at rates off the chart ..
Police shootings of minorities when placed in context are miniscule

Stop telling yourself untrue stories... stating them so many times they become your truth

When I worked the ghetto of sla my stops were 99 percent minorities.. causes of action the same

If you were white you were a lost tourist or a dope dealer scoring...and you would get pounced upon so quickly by radiocars you would think a police convention was happening

What I find funny about defenders of blm is that the thugs ARE laughing all the way to the bank... few of you would last one second around blm thugs... now that's real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 07:02 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
BLM would probably not exist if it weren't for one particular "white devil man". Soros gave them more than $30 million in seed money to start up that movement and has been financially backing them ever since.
There's good money in race baiting and shaking down whitey as Sharpton and Jackson have proved. BLM is just the next bunch with their hands out. If we had a normal economy these people would be hustling for jobs, instead they've found how lucrative stirring up racial hatred can be.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:02 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
It's NOT to deny that there are injustices and wrong doings to Black people in many cases and it's not to deny that there's corrupt officials but Black Lives Don't Matter only works to incite a race war. Screw these people.
Ok new rules.

We will take your entire family tree, subject them to the brutal oppressive acts for the next 200 years. Ensure that all of their educational professors are of the opposite race. Make sure that you pray to a god of the opposite race. Make sure that you are policed by majority of the opposite race.

When it's over, we will still deprive you of education, funnel you into the hood, and marginalize you every time we get a chance. Some of your people will move on to become circus act entertainers and sports stars but not become political affiliates to help the communities. Some of your bourgeoisie compadres will not want to associate with the lower class. Your president, although from the very fine city of which you gun down your people on the dailee, will do absolutely nothing for you.

After 245 years, let's have this conversation again over some dirt sake.

The reason why you can't get it through your thick skull is that black people are part of a system that will take generations to reverse. You don't breed animals and expect them to change overnight. Why would expect humans to change overnight? What do black people own in order to provide and pass down to their future?

So yes, black folks do what they do and if they do the crime, they will do the time. But the question is, what system is in place that is creating all of this violence? Do blacks just up and say- "hey, I feel like killing another dude cause I need a quick fix"?

Old 05-20-2016, 07:09 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
How could he have an open civil discussion with Black Lives Matter when all they do is shout and refuse to listen to reason?
How long does it take for a psychologist to treat a PTSD client? Overnight?

Blacks suffer from mental illnesses. I am black and will be the first to say it. We have issues. The need to want to spend $200-$500 on sneakers when you don't even have enough money to pay for rent is an epidemic across the black community. White kids that are not from the hood don't have to worry because their parents pay for them and they end up in good schools anyway- and straight into working class societies. White kids didn't get shot and jumped in the 80s for Jordans unless they were in the hood. What was jordan doing for the communities when kids were getting killed for his own sneaker brand?

Old 05-20-2016, 11:08 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,337,437 times
^^^ A whole bunch of mess in that post.

Old 05-20-2016, 03:34 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Had Trayvon not attacked Zimmerman, there's a very good chance he'd either be in jail or dead from a rival gang members bullet.
Mrs. Clinton is meeting with Trayvon's mother tomorrow.
Why??

Old 05-20-2016, 04:08 PM

66 posts, read 39,391 times
Here's how I see it: I want to like blm - I agree that there are racist policies that should be stopped (the war on drugs for example). However, in the days and weeks after the Mike Brown shooting, I was skeptical of the "hands up don't shoot" story. I stupidly expressed my opinions to my fellow liberals only to be called a conservative, on the wrong side of history, etc. So to me, as a skeptical person who is in pursuit of the truth, my critical thinking has come in conflict with some of the specific narratives I'm supposed to believe in order to be on the side of blm. If blm wants to say I'm not on their side that's their problem, their loss. So for this reason, they don't have the support they would have if they acknowledged the evidence of reality even when it's inconvenient.

Here is one of the best articles in my opinion on the Mike Brown shooting
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...michael-brown/

If the blm crowd in general had this attitude, they would have much more support. But no, they call Jonathan Capehart an "uncle tom." Again, it is their loss.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:27 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
It's NOT to deny that there are injustices and wrong doings to Black people in many cases and it's not to deny that there's corrupt officials but Black Lives Don't Matter only works to incite a race war. Screw these people.
It's not just BLM. There's countless white nationalists/supremacists wanting a race war, and some are making threats on social media.

Old 05-21-2016, 07:33 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,670,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Please show real stats for what you state from a vetted legit and fairly done accurate source
Blacks kills blacks at rates off the chart ..
Police shootings of minorities when placed in context are miniscule

Stop telling yourself untrue stories... stating them so many times they become your truth

When I worked the ghetto of sla my stops were 99 percent minorities.. causes of action the same

If you were white you were a lost tourist or a dope dealer scoring...and you would get pounced upon so quickly by radiocars you would think a police convention was happening

What I find funny about defenders of blm is that the thugs ARE laughing all the way to the bank... few of you would last one second around blm thugs... now that's real.
No one is surprised that thugs kill black people, on the other hand it is astonishing that you would compare police shooting to criminal activity. I now understand your logic, gang members do it, so lets give cops a pass when they do it.

In a year where police in America kill 1000 people, Europe records no police killing

[i]"Last year, police in England did not record a single shooting fatality, with officers across the country only firing weapons on three occasions."
Why Do US Police Kill So Many People - Business Insider

Thats the bigger story that BLM will shine the light on is police killing in general as a method of law enforcement. I'm surprised that there is no White Lives Matter movement since most of those killed by police are white. The hatred of Black people in American has cause people to turn their backs on their own humanity.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 05-21-2016 at 09:03 AM..

Old 05-21-2016, 11:33 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,637,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's not just BLM. There's countless white nationalists/supremacists wanting a race war, and some are making threats on social media.
I don't disagree with that but the problem with BLM is that they further add to that issue and the guise that they're trying to "liberate blacks from the oppressor" and they themselves become the racist they hate. BLM wants separation instead of integration and constantly feel they are owed something. To them Black lives only matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
No one is surprised that thugs kill black people, on the other hand it is astonishing that you would compare police shooting to criminal activity. I now understand your logic, gang members do it, so lets give cops a pass when they do it.

In a year where police in America kill 1000 people, Europe records no police killing

[i]"Last year, police in England did not record a single shooting fatality, with officers across the country only firing weapons on three occasions."
Why Do US Police Kill So Many People - Business Insider

Thats the bigger story that BLM will shine the light on is police killing in general as a method of law enforcement. I'm surprised that there is no White Lives Matter movement since most of those killed by police are white. The hatred of Black people in American has cause people to turn their backs on their own humanity.

Doesn't mean Europe doesn't have a plethora of other injustices though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies