Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,569,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Once the government stated that "all men are created equal," it is on the hook to create a society whereby this un-pragmatic concept can endure. Clearly, all men are not even biologically created equal. Some simply had access to more desirable genes or DNA. That is why athletics is so entertaining. Sports creates a society if you will, where unequal participants can compete governed by a set of rules that are modified as they need be.
Make no mistakes about it. You remove government protectionism, and let black and whites compete with no government intervention. You will see a much closer competition. You can't overlook how the government limits the free market and only give advantages to certain people. For example, the FED picks winners and losers, and this is arbitrary. That is why I'm ready to compete. Get rid of the government, and let's only rely on market. And see who comes out ahead.

Then we can squash this once and for all. Deal?

Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,894,772 times
I rarely trust black posters that constantly refer to black people in the third person.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Make no mistakes about it. You remove government protectionism, and let black and whites compete with no government intervention. You will see a much closer competition. You can't overlook how the government limits the free market and only give advantages to certain people. For example, the FED picks winners and losers, and this is arbitrary. That is why I'm ready to compete. Get rid of the government, and let's only rely on market. And see who comes out ahead.

Even with decades of immigration and generations of turn-over, blacks are still only 1/8 of the population of the U.S. Whites are still 5/8 or 6/8 of the population and that kind of racial critical mass does not favor blacks in a no holds barred arnarcho-capitalist mano y mano.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:38 AM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:
Black panthers was about "replacing government" not eliminating government.

If you think there ever was or will be such a thing as a human society in which someone does not assume a governing role, you're in grave error. Zero government is a vacuum that has never existed in human history--not even among any primates.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 05-10-2016 at 11:04 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 10:42 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,569,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Even with decades of immigration and generations of turn-over, blacks are still only 1/8 of the population of the U.S. Whites are still 5/8 or 6/8 of the population and that kind of racial critical mass does not favor blacks in a no holds barred arnarcho-capitalist mano y mano.
Capitalism is not a number's game.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Capitalism is not a number's game.
Isn't it?

Old 05-10-2016, 10:57 AM

29,405 posts, read 9,593,839 times
Quote:
If the government states that all men are created equal, and black people are people, then why should there need to even exist federal legislation giving black people rights? For the record, I am a black man. I am also an Anarcho-Capitalist, and I do not believe in a government that needs to "issue" rights to people. People should have rights, because rights are natural law, not government law. And as the results of this, one should not need to beg the government for rights, but rather we need to abolish the government that tries to take those rights away from you. I feel that the main issue in the Civil Rights movement was that black people gave the government legitimacy by asking the government for rights. When black people should have been able to succeed despite the government, not because of government.

Now since I criticize Civil Rights, how would I have handled the situation? Well, prior to the Civil Rights movement, black people were showing amazing signs of economic progress. Because Black People understood that the government would NOT step in and help them, then that mean black people had to arm and defend themselves. They also had to build their own communities, their own businesses, build their own schools, and never need a red cent from the government. Back in the 1900s to 1960s black Americans were the most self-sufficient group in America.

I think the only way to fix black America now is to repel all Civil Rights. Because we can talk about genes and low IQs all day. But the bottomline black America is dysfunctional, because black people believe in government more than any other group in America. Black people do NOTHING but wait for government to step in and solve problems. But since the government doesn't know how to solve problems, and black people do. I think we need to just remove all government support out of the black community. Starting with giving blacks no civil rights, no right to vote, no public schools, no police force, and not 1 tax dollar going to help the black community.

The only recourse for black America will be to actually build up their own communities. This mean build their own businesses, build their own schools, and build their own infrastructure. This will stimulate greater economic activity in the black community, and this will in essence rescue the Black Community from big government.
Intrigued by the title of this thread, I thought I would have a look expecting some right-wingnut elaboration, but more to my surprise, I find this "view" simply beyond comprehension. Just as someone else posted here, I too am a bit suspect the OP is a black person, but regardless..., there is so much so very wrong with this comment, I really don't know where to begin! Like considering a house for purchase, but the foundation is so badly screwed up, you can only conclude a complete demolition and start-over is all you can do...

Old 05-10-2016, 11:11 AM

28,619 posts, read 18,658,429 times
Quote:

Whites don't even compete with themselves according to your free market fantasy. Look up "Standard Oil Trust."

With regard to the history of black enterprise, what typically happened is that black entrepreneurs were allowed to operate only as long as their enterprises remained small and confined to the black community. Rarely (I can't think of an exception offhand) was a black entrepreneur allowed to market extensively to whites or retain control of a product or service that clearly had substantial white market potential, and rarely could a black entrepreneur even retain control of a product that had exceedingly lucrative profit potential even among blacks.

What normally happened is that whites wrested control via Mafia-style actions with government acquiescence. They did the same thing to each other, but without the complete freedom with which they could do it to blacks.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 AM

72,850 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
I try to, but many black people are very pro big government, that it's heavily ingrained into their belief system.
Well, when local governments abuse and disrespect your rights, sometimes it takes big government to put the little governments in line. Truth is, it took Civil Rights to make sure the rights of Blacks were recognized and respected. Before that, Blacks were being walked all over and subjected to all kinds of abuse. What was listed in the Constitution is only words if no action is put behind it. It might have said "all men are created equal", but Blacks were certainly not being treated as equals. A history lesson will show you that.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:15 AM

72,850 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If you think there ever was or will be such a thing as a human society in which someone does not assume a governing role, you're in grave error. Zero government is a vacuum that has never existed in human history--not even among any primates.
Somalia is living proof of what you mention. No rule of law, no functioning government in that country. End result: A bunch of warlords, thugs if you really want to be honest,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies