Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 02:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Good luck with that

College ain't gonna be free for the slackers and typical "Hi Skool" graduates that we have today -- reading at the eighth grade level and doing math at the fifth grade level!
I've pointed out before that we already have these programs and many students strive to meet the objectives.

https://secure.cfwv.com/Financial_Ai...a_PROMISE.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 02:30 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've pointed out before that we already have these programs and many students strive to meet the objectives.

https://secure.cfwv.com/Financial_Ai...a_PROMISE.aspx

From grants and scholarships our son received his PHD with thousands of dollars left in his pocket. However; he did not drive until he received his degree - we think that saved him a lot of money. But, yes, money is available to those that demonstrate their academic proficiencies.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:37 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I don't see it at stealing. I see it as helping people to succeed with knowledge. Why would you want to sit back and care only about yourself.
If I raid your bank account and use the money to feed the homeless, I'm still stealing from you.

The end does not justify the means.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:42 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If I raid your bank account and use the money to feed the homeless, I'm still stealing from you.

The end does not justify the means.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Do you think college's should be free?
I am surprised US does not have institutions which are sponsored by corporations. They have such institutions in Europe especially in field of computer science. The schools are financed by corporations, and the main sponsors get to sit at the board and vote on which skills should be taught in the schools. Back in the day it was COBOL, and CICS, and now it is more internet based, but the point is that the money comes from the companies who look to hire the students, and they know they will possess the skills they are looking for. Its a win for the corporations, its a win for the tax-payer, and its a win for the students. Of course these institutions only accept only the best and the brightest, which in turn motivates the candidates to put in the extra effort in order to qualify.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:57 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
I'm not the one making up crap.

You are.

Good luck with that

College ain't gonna be free for the slackers and typical "Hi Skool" graduates that we have today -- reading at the eighth grade level and doing math at the fifth grade level!

YEA___ well-folks who keep wanting taxes cut- and kick everyone but themselves to the curb - are to blame for poor reading--

Old 05-14-2016, 02:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Even the Euros don't pay for higher education for everyone. You must qualify to get in. Slackers don't qualify.

Old 05-14-2016, 02:58 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
YEA___ well-folks who keep wanting taxes cut- and kick everyone but themselves to the curb - are to blame for poor reading--
We spend more per student than any other nation. Maybe you should study harder?

Old 05-14-2016, 03:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
As soon as college is free I am throwing on a wig and taking a couple women's athletics courses.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Even the Euros don't pay for higher education for everyone. You must qualify to get in. Slackers don't qualify.
Liberals would have a crap when all races would not qualify in equal percentages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies