Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:37 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,544,209 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ear-her-hijab/

I wonder if the girl will win a lawsuit.

If Citadel students aren't allowed to show any individuality, like wearing a cross, why should they allow her to wear a headscarf, something also (like wearing a cross) not mandated by Islam/the Koran - and more of a preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 03:45 PM

24,332 posts, read 17,065,160 times
Why would someone apply to a school that has such a strict dress code steeped in tradition then after being accepted that person demands theme to change the code?

I suspect her family will sue and probably win and yet another tradition will be struck down as "antiquated and non PC".

How long will it be until another student brings a lawsuit for a transgendered changing room? I wonder if the head scarf girl would be OK stripping down to change in front of a man that identifies as a woman ?

Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,544,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why would someone apply to a school that has such a strict dress code steeped in tradition then after being accepted that person demands theme to change the code?

I suspect her family will sue and probably win and yet another tradition will be struck down as "antiquated and non PC".

How long will it be until another student brings a lawsuit for a transgendered changing room? I wonder if the head scarf girl would be OK stripping down to change in front of a man that identifies as a woman ?
to selfishly change it via lawsuits. this is what so many people resent. if ultra religious Jews can't wear a skull cap or side curls and Christians can't wear a cross, what makes her so special??!

Old 05-10-2016, 04:14 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,707,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
to selfishly change it via lawsuits. this is what so many people resent. if ultra religious Jews can't wear a skull cap or side curls and Christians can't wear a cross, what makes her so special??!

she's a Muslim, they get preferable treatment.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
[/color][/b]

she's a Muslim, they get preferable treatment.
Citadel: that WILL makes lots of enemies if that "Muslim" gets her way. Many Americans of ANY religion won't be real happy with the courts over this, even some Muslims trying to do the right thing blending in as 1 of us.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:47 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,235,393 times
I hope the school stands firm. If you don't like the color green, then don't join the army. There's a reason that our military does not allow individuality in uniform. It might just save your life. I lean left on most issues, but as proud veteran of our Air Force, crud like this just makes me ill. Go Citadel! She can fit in like everyone else, or go somewhere else. And if she is doing this to try to make some sort of statement, then shame on her and to everyone who supports her...

Old 05-10-2016, 04:51 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,804,524 times
I can't imagine anyone wearing a hijab going thru the equivalent of Army basic training the entire 1st year at the Citadel.

Especially in the very hot humid SC weather.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:57 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
I hope the school stands firm. If you don't like the color green, then don't join the army. There's a reason that our military does not allow individuality in uniform. It might just save your life. I lean left on most issues, but as proud veteran of our Air Force, crud like this just makes me ill. Go Citadel! She can fit in like everyone else, or go somewhere else. And if she is doing this to try to make some sort of statement, then shame on her and to everyone who supports her...
But Sikhs are now allowed to wear turbans, and Muslim women the hijab in the military.
Check it out:
U.S. Army Uniforms History - Bing images

Old 05-10-2016, 05:06 PM

3,315 posts, read 1,946,917 times
Default Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
But Sikhs are now allowed to wear turbans, and Muslim women the hijab in the military.
Check it out:
U.S. Army Uniforms History - Bing images
good way to draw gunfire to yourself, both enemy and friendly.

But of course they will find this out.

The military isn't some costume party or some code pink street theater silliness.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:19 PM

16,876 posts, read 10,539,064 times
Trump can't take office fast enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies