Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 07:43 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But a large chunk of those Registered Democrats havent voted for a Democrat since Bill Clinton in 1996.
Bill Clinton didn't try and put them out of a job. Other than that, I'm not sure of the point as it applies to the topic. Yes (D)'s are losing support in Federal elections in WV because of their position on coal. No one denies that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 07:47 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I've been saying that for months. Sanders supporters want anyone BUT Hillary. And Donald is really just a moderate Democrat.

He's like a cleaned up Democrat I would say. He doesn't care about the PC nonsense or the special interests and will not have puppeteers pulling his strings since he's financing his own campaign.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:48 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,515,156 times
I personally think that Donald Trump is going to win by the biggest margin in US history.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:49 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
*Shrugs* West Virginia is never going Democrat anyway.
This. WV is a red state. It doesn't matter who runs, they will vote for the GOP candidate in the general election.

You all should focus your attention on the swing states.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Bill Clinton didn't try and put them out of a job. Other than that, I'm not sure of the point as it applies to the topic. Yes (D)'s are losing support in Federal elections in WV because of their position on coal. No one denies that.
the point is that Someone forced to vote in the D primary( like the 33% of Sanders voters who will vote Trump) may have been Republican general election voters for the last 16 years. That is my point.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sigh. No, it shows that Trump supporters are having fun voting in the democratic primaries. That same 44% will be voting Trump no matter what.

Theres lies, damned lies, and statistics.

BTW don't get me wrong, I think Clintons more serious problem is how many Sanders supporters will simply stay home. I think a lot of people miss that. But this is deceptive nonsense.
No its not. You are just making that up. Or lying. First of all, anyone voting in the democratic primaries had to register democrat BEFORE Trump even won New York and when Cruz had won Wisconsin and all of the media momentum was with Cruz.

Sanders was leading by 15 points in West Virginia in polls in October of last year. He would have crushed her, no matter what. Hillary is really not well liked there. Besides, lots of people who voted Clinton would also would vote Trump in the general election (I believe exit polls showed 30%).

Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I've been saying that for months. Sanders supporters want anyone BUT Hillary. And Donald is really just a moderate Democrat.

He's like a cleaned up Democrat I would say. He doesn't care about the PC nonsense or the special interests and will not have puppeteers pulling his strings since he's financing his own campaign.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I personally think that Donald Trump is going to win by the biggest margin in US history.
It doesnt make sense for someone to support Trump over Clinton of they were a Sanders supporter. Hillary is closer to Sanders on every single issue.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
the point is that Someone forced to vote in the D primary( like the 33% of Sanders voters who will vote Trump) may have been Republican general election voters for the last 16 years. That is my point.
No one is forced to vote (D) other than registered (D)'s. I explained why very few of them were (R)'s in the past.

Old 05-11-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
No its not. You are just making that up. Or lying. First of all, anyone voting in the democratic primaries had to register democrat BEFORE Trump even won New York and when Cruz had won Wisconsin and all of the media momentum was with Cruz.
Independents can choose a (D) ballot. We have done a pretty good job in starting down the path of making the two parties irrelevant. Unless you are an absolute die hard there is no reason to register as anything other than (I).

Quote:
Sanders was leading by 15 points in West Virginia in polls in October of last year. He would have crushed her, no matter what. Hillary is really not well liked there. Besides, lots of people who voted Clinton would also would vote Trump in the general election (I believe exit polls showed 30%).

Very possible. Their jobs.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:00 AM

Quote:
It doesnt make sense for someone to support Trump over Clinton of they were a Sanders supporter. Hillary is closer to Sanders on every single issue.
Both Trump and Sanders want to end the trade pacts. Hillary supports them. Bad for jobs.

Both Trump and Sanders want to enforce our border laws. Hillary doesn't. Bad for jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies