Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 09:00 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCurtisEstes View Post
Richard Maddow (MSNBC)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 09:03 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE!!!

If she wants to be called Richard...then so be it.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:21 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCurtisEstes View Post
Just saw a hilarious interview w/ Richard Maddow (MSNBC) and Bernie Sanders and he actually says "I think the democrats have to pay to get a station on the air like Fox News".........

He was actually on MSNBC so I don't think he knew what he was saying.

MSNBC is very far left and no where near non-biased like Fox News. At least Fox gives you BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY!

Another left-leaning station would be an economic disaster (anyone remember Air America? Anyone?) so I doubt anyone will be paying to start a new one.
No one is going to deny that MSNBC isn't liberal leaning, but to say it's as biased as Fox is a bold statement. I don't know, maybe there are two Fox News channels, but I rarely see both sides being presented. Don't get me wrong, conservatives have been shut out on MSNBC, as well as other media (which as a whole leans liberal), but I've never seen it done to the same extent as Fox does it to liberals.

As a whole, the media is garbage and needs to do as much as possible to eliminate the bias across the board though. There shouldn't be conservative or liberal news, just news. Opinions should always be available to be heard, but we shouldn't be seeing a liberal democrat and a moderate democrat and acting as if this is enough contrast to come even close to showing a nationwide division in ideas.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:30 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,920,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE!!!

If she wants to be called Richard...then so be it.
She LOOKS like a Richard or the shortened form of Richard which I believe is DICK.

Old 05-11-2016, 09:32 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,179,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

I watch PBS, but realize it is left leaning. NPR and the BBC is also far left, but I like them.
Same here.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:03 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,211,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Anyone who defends FOX as "fair" loses all credibility immediately. FOX is, and has been since its inception, GOP TV.
How would you know, you never watch FOX.

At the risk of losing credibility, FOX is the fairest of the lot.

All media is biased, however, in the last 8 years the media has become the propaganda machine for the Obama admin. The media and academia propaganda frachises are legion compared to pretty much just FOX alone fighting a David vs Goliath battle.

FOX is sooo unfair it has the largest viewer base. Are you saying all these people are somehow stunted and just a few, like yourself, are able to see FOX as nothing more than a GOP trumpeteer with no informational value?

Ah, the basis for the OP. You need to watch FOX.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,028,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nor do they interview Democrats from across the political spectrum,
Is that because they won't show up or Fox hasn't invited them. I'm going to guess it's because they won't show up. I don't see how Fox has any benefit not bringing anyone they can on, the more left the better as fr as rating go.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Anyone who defends FOX as "fair" loses all credibility immediately. FOX is, and has been since its inception, GOP TV.
Clearly Fox coverage leans right especially where the commentary shows are concerned, anybody with a speck of intelligence can see that. My question is do you have enough intelligence to see the left leaning bias of most of the other networks?

I think what happens here in particular for the ultra left is they are so accustomed to left leaning bias they are like a deer caught in the headlights when the news is presented with right slant.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
No one is going to deny that MSNBC isn't liberal leaning, but to say it's as biased as Fox is a bold statement.
Firstly it's a little difficult to compare because MSNBC is mostly liberal commentary shows, I would suggest compared the the FOX commentary shows they are about equally as biased as far that goes. MSNBC doesn't really have dedicated news like Fox or CNN so you can't really make any comparison for that.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:37 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Bernie is both uninformed and sharp as a marble.

Exactly! Bernie Sanders is do dumb, he really is giving Senior Citizens a bad name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies