Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 01:22 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You cannot identify voter fraud if you are not identifying the voter. Period.

Suppose I have an aging parent with Alzheimer's that doesn't even know who I am let alone what the ballot is. I obtain the ballot for them and fill it out. How are you going to identify that?

Identifying voter fraud first requires the means to identify it. People opposed to Voter ID often point out the potential for fraud with absentee balloting and they are 100% correct. This is no different, no matter how people choose to vote there is very little impediment to voter fraud. Those that do get caught is usually because they have made really stupid mistake like that women in Cincinnati that had 7 ballots going to the same address. If she managed to get away with that for years what are other people getting away with if it's just 1 or 2?

Tell me, exactly how many fraudulent votes were cast in Oregon the last election? Was it 0? 10? 200? 100,000?

You have no clue what the answer to that question is and neither does anyone else.
Well unless you are an insanely good at forging your parents signature, good luck because you might find yourself on the wrong end of the law.

It is the same as if you shoe up to the voting booth claiming to be one of your parents.

You do realize when you vote in person there is no photo files they are comparing your ID to you that proves it is you, your signature is typically a good enough form of proof.

I couldn't tell you how many voter frauds were cast in the last election because the number was so small that it never merited any news articles about it. We all sign our ballots when we seal them, if you think you are capable of forging my signature, I would gladly let you pick my vote because I know for a fact I have a very hard signature to forge.

So keep pretending like there is no other way to prevent voter fraud other that showing a photo ID in person because that is a complete lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I live in Oregon and this has enabled me to vote drunk, because given our current political climate, I am not sure there is a more appropriate state of mind to be in.
You can vote high too if you want, but honestly, you can do that in any state drunk or high. Though your crude drawing of a dragon might cause your ballot to get thrown out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
I couldn't tell you how many voter frauds were cast in the last election....
And there you have it folks.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And there you have it folks.
Yes, there you have it folks, coal man is incapable of reading posts and only cherry picks what he wants to read. Thanks for trying to twist my words and lying, it seems fitting of you.....

Old 05-12-2016, 05:33 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

You do realize when you vote in person there is no photo files they are comparing your ID to you that proves it is you, your signature is typically a good enough form of proof.
Here in TX, for the last 10 or more years our ID's and DL's have a magnetic strip just like a credit card.
It is scanned and the voting worker pops you up on the computer. The photo on the ID verifies it is you there standing in front of them.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Here in TX, for the last 10 or more years our ID's and DL's have a magnetic strip just like a credit card.
It is scanned and the voting worker pops you up on the computer. The photo on the ID verifies it is you there standing in front of them.
You do know that magnetic strip just has the same information that is on the ID, right? If one is going to fake an ID in your state, then they are going to imprint that information on the magnetic strip so they both match....this technology isn't that complicated.

So all it does is verify what is on the ID, not send to a Texas database that has every Texan tagged and registered to compare the information. That would be called "big government" and you guys tend to not like big government.....though so often I find you guys aligning yourselves with big government, go figure.

Though one thing that is much more complicated to forge is your signature that the voting stations have on file. That is going to always be much better to identify you than a photo ID that can easily be faked.

Old 05-12-2016, 07:25 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
Quote:
And yet it hasn't been an issue here for as long as we have done it....go figure, thought did you know the real easiest form of voter fraud is on the collecting side of voting, like when ballots get thrown away or the voting machines "accidentally" starts voting for the "wrong" candidate.

You can drop off the ballot at any drop off box for free, though the Oregon government has been looking into the possibility of not requiring postage to vote for those who actually mail it in.
Wow, you can't even give a good sarcastic troll anymore bc they liberals have actually implemented such nonsense in real life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies