Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 04:32 PM

39,227 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
It is just some information I find interesting. If you are not interested in that, you can just move on.
I like to study where people are from. That's it.
So you like to post off topics, got it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 05:01 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
If you had read past the first two sentences of my post you'd have gotten to the part where I said there was no need for the use of physical force and the cops should have stayed under control.
I read all of you post. I specifically reacted to the part of your post which said, "The cops were pumped and pissed after the chase. Can't blame them for that."

Yes, we can blame them for that. I want police officers who methodically conduct themselves at the highest standard of behavior as they do their job.

I doubt there is anything in their job description which recommends being "pumped and pissed". Being "pumped and pissed" is exactly what leads to inappropriate police behavior.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
At least you are consistent.
And I expect his ultimate summary post to be consistent, as well.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
In reality that's what it comes down to. Your an idiot and a criminal, you run from the police. Should we really care that you got your azz beat.
Yes, because even good people can panic and do dumb things...it could be you someday. Or you son. Or your brother.

And, because it is the job of the courts to pass judgement on perps, not the job of the police.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, When you resist arrest sometimes you hurt yourself and the officer as well. In this particular case, this criminal put a lot of people's lives in danger. Somehow, the police officers are the bad guys? Doesn't seem fair.
Okay, maybe you need to go back to watching Roy Rogers movies from the 1940s. You know, where the good guys wore white hats and the bad guys wore black hats, and there were no gray hats.

That's not the way life is. Like you. I don't know you, but I know you are not white like the pure driven snow. All people have good and bad in them at varying degrees. All situations are not purely white or black. One person or group doesn't behave all white or all black.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Okay, maybe you need to go back to watching Roy Rogers movies from the 1940s. You know, where the good guys wore white hats and the bad guys wore black hats, and there were no gray hats.

That's not the way life is. Like you. I don't know you, but I know you are not white like the pure driven snow. All people have good and bad in them at varying degrees. All situations are not purely white or black. One person or group doesn't behave all white or all black.
I agree with and admire your life philosophy. But your philosophy has nothing to do with this topic.

This topic is "is there excessive force involved" In my OPINION, no there is not. But lucky for the world, I don't make all the rules and decisions. That is why police officers are under investigation. No more No less.

Everybody is innocent until proven guilty, this applies to the police officers as well. Plain and simple.

by the way, I said, ".... doesn't seem fair" I didn't imply these officers are the pure driven snow. LOL

Old 05-13-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Multiple warrants for violent crimes. High speed chase for hours..

This person could have killed innocent people. Police officers were only doing their jobs.
You don't seem able to comprehend that none of us are excusing the perp.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
You hope they are in prison? seriously?

That individual had multiple warrants for violent crimes. Do you want him to be in prison?

You see...there you go again. No one is excusing the perp.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
You don't seem able to comprehend that none of us are excusing the perp.
Never said any of you are.

Old 05-13-2016, 05:29 PM

Quote:
You see...there you go again. No one is excusing the perp.
I was responding to the poster who said, "i want to see these cops in prison." They are only under investigation. Pretty UNFAIR to judge these police officers when they are ONLY under investigation.

In practice the presumption of innocence is animated by the requirement that the government prove the charges against the defendant Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies