Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2016, 11:30 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Does 77% of the population even know anyone that is transgender?
What does that matter? What they know is that they don't want a person with a penis changing and showering with their minor daughters, and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2016, 11:31 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,863,511 times
Obama is such a dumbass. I can't wait til his ass is out of office.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:35 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What does that matter? What they know is that they don't want a person with a penis changing and showering with their minor daughters, and vice versa.
And I question the legality of forcing minor children into this scenario. I do not understand why those who support this move by Obama do not see this huge glaring issue with this new policy.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
And I question the legality of forcing minor children into this scenario. I do not understand why those who support this move by Obama do not see this huge glaring issue with this new policy.
Exactly. They clearly haven't thought it through. In most states, when that scenario occurs on school grounds and/or if the victim is a minor, it's FELONY indecent exposure. A sex crime. For which an offender must register as a child sex offender FOR LIFE.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:41 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They clearly haven't thought it through. In most states, when that scenario occurs on school grounds and/or if the victim is a minor, it's FELONY indecent exposure. A sex crime. For which an offender must register as a child sex offender FOR LIFE.
What a mess.

ETA: Wonder what the policy will be in college dorms (e.g. room assignments)? Having a college aged daughter made me think of it.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:43 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
But it is a consequence that has not been accounted for with Obama's new decree. So what's the answer then? Because Obama's decree makes this a very real possibility and likely occurrence.
Haha I'm reminded of the dire warnings of fire and brimstone if gay marriage was instituted.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:45 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
It's really funny how all your heads are exploding.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:48 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Changing the privacy of the 99+ % is a problem.
I agree as we usually do. My point is transgender is a red herring for pediphiles. Transgender having been picking bathrooms forever with no problems.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
What a mess.

ETA: Wonder what the policy will be in college dorms (e.g. room assignments)? Having a college aged daughter made me think of it.
There was a federal court ruling in 2015 on this regarding a public university in PA. Maybe it will help...

Quote:
"This case arises from Plaintiff Seamus Johnston’s allegations that Defendants discriminated against him based on his sex and his transgender status(1) by prohibiting him from using sex-segregated locker rooms and restrooms that were designated for men. Although the parties have submitted lengthy briefs and have advanced numerous arguments, this case presents one central question: whether a university, receiving federal funds, engages in unlawful discrimination, in violation of the United States Constitution and federal and state statutes, when it prohibits a transgender male student from using sex-segregated restrooms and locker rooms designated for men on a university campus. The simple answer is no."

(1) Plaintiff was born a female but identifies as a transgender male."
http://www.utimes.pitt.edu/documents...tonOpinion.pdf

Old 05-13-2016, 11:51 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
.......under threat of loss of Federal funding.

Get the Feds out of our schools I say.
Regardless of which side you're on for this issue, since when does Obama get to make laws or control who gets federal funding? That's Congress' job not his.

Public schools are like crack addicts, hooked on federal funding. They don't know how to function without it. That's the bigger problem that needs to change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies