Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 08:28 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You're misinformed. The lawsuit is being brought by school district students and parents.
The lawsuit was brought "on behalf of students" by ADF, ADF "Alliance Defending Freedom" is an anti-everything Conservative Christian group that sticks it's ugly nose in every single case where they see a chance of denying LGBT people rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 08:33 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Complete nonsense. Why is this even being discussed? We're nearly 20 Trillion dollars in debt, the middle east is in shambles, Iran, North Korea, China and Russia are slapping us in the face on a regular basis, ISIS is growing and planning their next mass attack, Our borders are like swiss cheese, the economy is barely moving and the Obama administration is going to spend their time and effort lecturing Americans on which bathroom they can use?

Is this not maddening? Get that moron and his administration out of the white house!!!!!

Restore Sanity to America - TRUMP 2016!

I'd think even people who can't stand Trump would have to agree with the rest of your post. This is absolutely the craziest issue (or at least in the top 10) we could be preoccupied with given the truth of your post about our "other" problems.

It's almost like the "powers that be" want to keep us preoccupied with something crazy like this so we don't sit down and really think about the true problems we actually have that they seem totally impotent to solve....or even address in a proper fashion.

I mean does anyone want to carry this "I am who I feel I am" to it's logical conclusion ? Who could see any problems come from this whole concept when any semblance of objectivity is eliminated....everything becomes subjective when there is no factual objective truth left.

Let's just hope engineers who build bridges don't buy into this "it is what I want it to be regardless of any evidence to the contrary".....or we may have a lot of bridges falling down.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:37 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Prove it.
Are you unaware that the Obama Admin required the IL school district to do so, and sent the same edict to schools, nationwide, yesterday?

Old 05-14-2016, 08:41 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
My girlfriend likes to chime in from the sidelines as I type. She is a very bright educated intuitive woman. She puts things very plainly. Regarding liberal progressive presentations concerning transgender bathroom privileges - she states.....These people want to OWN you..they want to own your children....own your spouse own all of us as if we are farm animals and they are the masters of the human ranch.

First they want to own the fetus which is a product of our body - NOW they have gone to the ultimate extreme...they not only want to own our bodily product which is our kids...but now want command over waste product...they want to own our poo and pee....oh my!

No one is denying people who our out of the norm their right to pee or poo in a public washroom. Where were all the LGBT going to the bathroom prior this uproar? There was no problem. NOW they have created a problem so they can say "look what we have done to help the LGBT community"

Now the LGBT community is obliged to vote liberal progressive forever. This as a Canadian reminds me of how our new Prime Minister Justin Trudeau managed to gain a huge block vote by bringing in 30 thousand Syrian refugees who will for the next few generations vote LIBERAL. His father a former Prime Minister did the same thing when he brought in thousands of immigrants from India and Pakistan...their children all live on the west side of Toronto...Hundreds of thousands of them...to this day they ALL vote liberal.

The progressives are all about staying in power for powers sake. They actually do not really care about people...just themselves. Do you really think that these progressives really care about LGBT folks? I think not...but they do care about their votes and the votes of those sympathetic to what is not the norm.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:41 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The lawsuit was brought "on behalf of students" by ADF, ADF "Alliance Defending Freedom" is an anti-everything Conservative Christian group that sticks it's ugly nose in every single case where they see a chance of denying LGBT people rights.

I really have nothing against transgendered or LGBT people.

But you'd be hard pressed to convince me how asking people with a penis to use the men's room and people with a vagina to use the ladies room is denying anyone their rights.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:42 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The lawsuit was brought "on behalf of students" by ADF,
Even your own source says the same thing as Reuters:
Quote:
Dozens of families on Wednesday sued two federal agencies and a suburban Chicago school district over a policy they said disregards student privacy and safety by allowing transgender students to use bathrooms that correspond with their gender identity.

Fifty-one families in the Palatine, Illinois, area sued the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S. Justice Department and Township High School District 211 for agreeing last December to provide a changing area in the girls' locker room for transgender students.
Families sue Illinois school district over transgender bathroom case | Reuters

Old 05-14-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Are you unaware that the Obama Admin required the IL school district to do so, and sent the same edict to schools, nationwide, yesterday?
You made this claim, don't try to change the subject - prove it or admit you were wrong.

Quote:
How does any of that change the fact that at least in the IL School Dist, a MTF trans student with a penis exposed his genitalia to minor girls in the school's multiple occupancy girls' restrooms/locker/shower rooms?

Old 05-14-2016, 08:48 AM

1,504 posts, read 851,404 times
Does a woman who is suffering the discomfort of a period really want to be changing her tampon in a stall right next to a trans who is peeing through a penis? I can imagine the transgender sparking up a conversation with the woman in the next stall - attempting to relate to having a period..I really think the conversation will be quite superficial and irritating to the woman. eg; "Poor girl...that time of the month hugh?" I am sure the woman would want the transgender to shut up or leave her in peace.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:48 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
I can't wait for the discussions on this at work Monday (I work for a school district). I'm tempted to attend the next school board meeting to hear what they say about this! It's a small town rural school district. Liberal and progressive, this area is NOT.

A boy dressing like a girl at the school where I work would get his a** kicked, for sure. The jocks would be waiting outside the transgender bathroom and taking turns.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 05-14-2016 at 08:58 AM..

Old 05-14-2016, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
No one is denying people who our out of the norm their right to pee or poo in a public washroom. Where were all the LGBT going to the bathroom prior this uproar? There was no problem. NOW they have created a problem so they can say "look what we have done to help the LGBT community"
"THEY" created the problem? Oh really..then you tell me which LGBT people wrote and passed the law in North Carolina that kicked off this whole mess. LGBT people have NOT been the driver behind this, if your girlfriend is as smart as you claim I'm surprised that she didn't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies