Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 11:25 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
What a weird place you are in. The feds should stay out of schools, but how dare they threaten to cut funding? You aren't seriously missing why that's funny, are you?
I think the point is that the feds should either not take money from the states to begin with, or distribute it based on educational need, not social policy agendas.

The public schools are not yet federal schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 11:30 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I think the point is that the feds should either not take money from the states to begin with, or distribute it based on educational need, not social policy agendas.

The public schools are not yet federal schools.
Agree 100%.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How does one shower in a multiple occupancy facility in schools, park districts, state parks, etc., without being naked?
Being naked's the whole point of a shower.

Try it sometime.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:33 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Too late. it's already gone to court.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:35 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So your answer is for them to 'suck it up' a boy who identifies as a girl should just walk in the boys room and get his butt kicked? I have a sad dose of reality for you. This is the same issue as we faced with handicapped rights, I remember hearing the sad doses of reality about how in the world could a business owner ever afford to accommodate people in wheel chairs, it was unfair to put this burden on them! Well guess what, they figured it out and people will figure this one out too. Here's a question for you- which bathroom should this person use?

Your own reasoning is working against you.

The person in your photo would have no issues using any men's room anywhere in the country......it's not like there are genital inspectors at the door.

But, for the most part, teenagers such as you previously describe who identify as the opposite sex have not yet had hormone therapy, surgery or any other permanent means of changing their appearance.

So, when they end up looking like this.....

https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/p...57_960_720.jpg

...........they should be expected to be treated a bit differently when entering the ladies room/womens locker room.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-15-2016 at 03:33 PM..

Old 05-14-2016, 11:36 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Being naked's the whole point of a shower.
So... Why allow those with penises to shower with minor girls (and vice versa) in multiple occupancy shower facilities?

Old 05-14-2016, 11:38 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Transgenders are probably wondering why they were pulled into this controversy when they just want to quietly use the bathroom like they have always done.

Obama is just giving the final FU's to this country, nothing will even change. It's a smokescreen to cover for the candidate currently on the Democratic ticket under federal investigation.

Old 05-14-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Your own reasoning is working against you. The person in your photo would have no issues using any men's room anywhere in the country....
The person in the photo I posted is Chaz Bono a FTM transgender, and according to the North Carolina law, and the lawsuit just filed in Texas he would have to use a women's restroom/locker room/shower because their birth certificate states female, so perhaps your reasoning is working against you.

The picture you posted looks like some kind of odd ball goth, body art aficionado I have no idea what gender that person is, and I would not be concerned if they entered a lady's room that I was occupying so what is your point?

Chaz Bono before/after

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bQ0SqifjNc...-chaz-bono.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-15-2016 at 03:34 PM..

Old 05-14-2016, 11:46 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The person in the photo I posted is Chaz Bono a FTM transgender, and according to the North Carolina law, and the lawsuit just filed in Texas he would have to use a women's restroom/locker room/shower because their birth certificate states female, so perhaps your reasoning is working against you.

The picture you posted looks like some kind of odd ball goth, body art aficionado I have no idea what gender that person is, and I would not be concerned if they entered a lady's room that I was occupying so what is your point?

Chaz Bono before/after

The point is that most of the teens that you are arguing about don't look like Chaz.

Chaz, and people like him/her/whatever.....don't need any special laws or protections because nobody knows or cares.

If they looked like the gender they are identifying with, they wouldn't have to worry about getting beat up now would they?

Old 05-14-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Transgenders are probably wondering why they were pulled into this controversy when they just want to quietly use the bathroom like they have always done. Obama is just giving the final FU's to this country, nothing will even change. It's a smokescreen to cover for the candidate currently on the Democratic ticket under federal investigation.
I agree with your first sentence, but not your last. Please keep in mind that North Carolina made this an issue and IMO that was nothing but political posturing, they wrote a law and passed it in spite of the fact that there had never been an actual situation that would be resolved or addressed through that law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies