Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:01 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I view homeschooling as a way to make certain the children have the same level of prejudice and ignorance as their parents. It is even more effective then private Church schools. it is also a poor way of educating future employees unless the KKK needs slaves.
Do you have any proof to this? My guess you haven't met any homeschoolers, but more than willing to put them down.

My guess homeschoolers know much more about science than President Obama or Loretta Lynch........or at least know how girl and boy are identified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 08:07 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I view homeschooling as a way to make certain the children have the same level of prejudice and ignorance as their parents. It is even more effective then private Church schools. it is also a poor way of educating future employees unless the KKK needs slaves.
Except thats not true. Good try though.

--------------------
and lets not bring homeschooling and government into the same sentence, we have enough trouble with school districts and state legislation, let alone higher ups!

Old 05-16-2016, 08:20 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
That's just ridiculous.
I agree completely, even as a happy public school parent.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:20 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
My kids' high school has at least two transgender students, one of whom is well known to our family, because she lives down the street from us. The high school, without fanfare, designated several single-stall bathrooms around campus as gender neutral several years ago, and life went on. Have I mentioned how much I appreciate living around emotionally mature, low drama people?
You're lucky the tranie in your district was reasonable enough to accept that solution. The problem in one district (I think Chicago) was that the boy in a dress wasn't willing to use a single-stall bathroom and insisted on changing/showering with the girls.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:31 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You're lucky the tranie in your district was reasonable enough to accept that solution. The problem in one district (I think Chicago) was that the boy in a dress wasn't willing to use a single-stall bathroom and insisted on changing/showering with the girls.
You know, it's interesting, my daughter and I were talking about this last night, mostly because this thread has kept the subject on my mind. She mentioned that just last week, a male student who cross-dresses entered the ladies' room as she was leaving. I asked her if she was bothered by it. She said, "No, I know his story." I asked if there have been problems with other students, and she said she was unaware of any. She continue by saying that people are pretty much live and let live in the arts building where it happened.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:07 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Yep. Exactly. Chicago suburbs. And the Obama Admin backed the trans with penis and testicles instead of the girls who were uncomfortable changing/showering with him (anatomically male, regardless of how he "self-identifies") in the school's multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms, like those shown below:

Old 05-16-2016, 10:15 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Exactly. 0.3%. And even less will you be able to readily identify as 'transgender' unless you have a habit of checking out strangers' junk. So your chances of this ever even being relevant to you are miniscule, unless of course, you live in a public toilet.

So, what exactly is the BFD?

He's pushing it in public schools, basically threatening schools if they don't comply.

That, and the fact that our schools are loaded with children make it a BFD.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:20 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
He's pushing it in public schools, basically threatening schools if they don't comply.

That, and the fact that our schools are loaded with children make it a BFD.
Exactly. FORCING minors to unwillingly submit to indecent exposure (opposite sex genitalia) in our country's schools' multiple occupancy restrooms/locker/shower rooms is bizarre, to say the least.

On the one hand, to keep federal funding including money for free breakfast/lunch programs for poor kids, the schools have to comply. On the other hand, exposing opposite sex genitalia to minors and/or on school grounds is a FELONY indecent exposure sex crime in most states.

Now what?...

Old 05-16-2016, 04:14 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I don't think all this fuss is over them demanding at all. I think it's because idiots are beeetching no matter WHICH bathroom they're attempting to use.

If a transgender is dressed like a female but still has his dangling participle, how in the heck is he to be expected to use the men's room without betting chided for looking, dressing and acting like a female?

It's obvious all your Queen Victorias aren't going to let HIM park it in a female stall, so now what? Pee in the hallway?

While travelling all over the world and especially in Europe, it was not unusual in the least to have a women enter the men's room to take an unused stall rather than wait in the women's line up.

I've even been in washrooms where a female attendant handed out the damn tissue by the individual purchase. A bathroom in Montreal Dorval Airport Canada required me to lift my feet one at a time while standing at a urinal only to have the floor mopper revealed as a hindu woman complete with sari and dot on her forehead.

Only in America is this going to cause heads to explode.
I am a woman and I have traveled all over the world. I suppose I wasn't in Europe there long enough or in the same areas as you to have encountered coed bathrooms. I have to laugh when people bring up Europe because they are a global minority culturally and have nowhere near the levels of violent crime that we do in the States. One can point to ANY cultural practice and say 'oh they do it this way over there and it's no problem.' Doesn't mean it translates to another society. And you can't compare women voluntarily getting paid to do a job in a men's room to the general public (and public schools) being forced to integrate bathrooms by sex.

Last edited by Kaphawoman; 05-16-2016 at 05:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies