Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe there is a conspiracy (to whatever degree) involving cancer cures? 5 = strongly convi
5 = strongly convinced 20 21.98%
4 = it's possible 16 17.58%
3 = not sure 1 1.10%
2 = unlikely 15 16.48%
1 = don't believe at all 39 42.86%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 11:47 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,104,745 times

Advertisements

There is no conspiracy. Fact is that overall cancer survival rates have improved tremendously over the past 30-40 years and some individual forms of cancer (ie: some skin cancers, testicular cancer, breast cancer, etc) have survival rates well over 90%. Once upon a time testicular cancer was pretty much a death sentence, nowadays I think it has the highest overall survival rate of any cancer (over 95% IIRC).

Unfortunately there is still alot of work to be done with more deadly forms of cancer like melanoma, ovarian cancer, lung cancer, and pancreatic cancer in particular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 12:05 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,656,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
There are theories that speculate there are conspiracies or cover-ups involving cancer cures by various entities involving the medical and scientific professions and the (U.S.) government. (Does it concern only the U.S.?)

What do you think?

Poll:
Do you believe there is a conspiracy (to whatever degree) involving cancer cures?
5 = strongly convinced
4 = it's possible
3 = not sure
2 = unlikely
1 = don't believe at all
There is no such thing as conspiracies. Think of the hundreds (if not thousands) of people that would have to be quiet to keep that one "secret".

Why is there no such thing as conspiracy theories? People cannot shut up, let alone, thousands with the same "secret".

Old 05-15-2016, 12:18 PM

957 posts, read 1,132,857 times
According to doctor Ryke Geerd Hamer yes

Old 05-15-2016, 12:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
According to doctor Ryke Geerd Hamer yes
Well, gee, that settles it.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:27 PM

23,539 posts, read 17,216,356 times
Quote:
Comments on this article?

Science has to be challeneged and tempered in the forge of fire.

there are drugs like IL2 that are 90% effective against a certain type of cancer. some rare cancers like burketts lymphoma have treatments that are 80% effective but a friend was in the 20% segment.

There are so many leads for a cancer cure or cure for specific cancers the limited funds for research have to be doled out in a Sophie's Choice manner.

the article is attached to some cure all vitamin and loses credibility.

Your reseach is challenged and you see it as a unfair.

One huge issue is lack of sharing research information, motivated by patents and profit.

The richest people in the world die of cancer, if there was a secret cure they would find it.

how many undetected cancers are cured by the immune system?

there are so many pieces to the puzzle, each part is a viable clue but not the complete answer.

Far more concernig is the manufacturing processes that produce common consumer items and cause cancer. See the video, BLUE VINYL. There is an acceptance of cancer by our society in exchange for convience.

then agian if you live on the downwind side of a roadway you are susceptible to cancer. If you ever smelled gasoline fumes you are susceptible to cancer.

Then again the latest 1 900 lawyers are claiming talcum powder causes uterine cancer...love to see the cause and effect of that!

Oh yes, lawyers play a tug of war with research for profit which puts a wet blanket on research in terms of liability making efforts more conservative than otherwise might be.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:33 PM

52,222 posts, read 52,648,334 times
No because you have drug companies working on this up the wahzoo, who ever comes up with drug cure for cancer is going to be rich as hell.

Humans will always have some kinds of aliments, don't think docs and the medical establishment have anything to worry about in this supply demand chain here.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:24 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Cancer is huge business and can one slightly imagine a CURE, how many would be out of work. Sickness is huge business. We've been working on the CURE for over 50 yrs...ummmm

I don't donate a penny but offer my info on what I HOPE and BELIEVE will keep me from cancer(s).
this. it has been about 25 years since i read the article, so forgive me if my memory of it has faded, but a writer had a parent that had cancer. he found a doctor that treated her with hydrogen peroxide if i recall correctly. he gave the parent a particular amount that this doctor found had great success in eliminating various cancers from the body, or at least pushing them into full remission.

it worked so well that the writer pushed to have patient trials done to try and get the treatment certified for widespread use. however the people that did the trials did not follow the protocols the original doctor had set up, IE a specified amount of the drug administered, no alcohol during the treatment, etc. as such the testing showed no appreciable effect on the disease.

my feeling is that had the researchers followed proper protocol, instead of going at the research willy nilly, we would have a good treatment for cancer today that the average person could afford. it might not be a complete cure, i doubt that will happen in our grand childrens lifetimes, but it would relieve much of the suffering of the disease.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:27 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
I have fought hard for life- for my family members- so don't get me wrong- some lived and some not- but I feel at some point we all must go and cancer or other illnesses just part of the big equation to keep our population down - once we fix one thing something else comes- sad but true

Old 05-15-2016, 06:34 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,449,758 times
Quote:
smallpox and polio are highly contagious, cancer is not.
HPV (highly contagious human papilloma virus) causes or triggers several cancers, including cervical cancer (vaginal sex with a contagious partner) and throat cancer (through oral sex with a contagious partner).
Also "Human papillomavirus (hpv) causes a variety of anogenital cancers and is considered the primary cause of anal canal cancer." (source of quote is NIH.)

Old 05-15-2016, 06:42 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,277,952 times
It doesn't make sense to me. The only way drug companies continue making money is mostly NOT by old drugs, but by new drugs that they bring on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies