Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 05:30 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,069,942 times

Advertisements

I wonder if he would have done the same if she was wearing a sari.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 05:50 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Sometimes, I'm astounded by the level of ignorance around me. Head covering has a long history in the three largest western faith traditions. I wonder if he'd have pulled off a nun's white coif with the same lack of respect and courtesy. Or a Jewish woman's snood. Or an Amish woman's prayer cap. The passenger's behavior was deplorable and shows a profound disregard for the dignity of other people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Jews and Christians are not the problem, Muslims are.
He physically ASSAULTED a woman who was not in any way, shape, or form threatening the other passengers on the plane! What on earth is wrong with you that this was acceptable? I give up. Seriously, I give up! Anybody who believes this is defensible has lost their ever-loving mind.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:53 AM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
so cut off his hands- well was in the US- so can't-- but needs his face slapped into reality- -- RESPECT WOMEN!!-- jerk-

Old 05-16-2016, 05:53 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The bible.

Ever see a picture of Virgin Mary, sans a hijab?
Muslim women wear the hijab to emulate the Virgin Mary?

Old 05-16-2016, 06:03 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
This happened last December and we're just hearing about it now? I'm guessing that Think Progress had to first verify the guy wasn't an illegal alien transsexual Hillary Clinton supporter before they reported on it.

She should have jumped up and yelled "RAPE!" since the guy grabbed clothing.

His lawyer should put forth the "Southwest Airline Insanity" defense.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:12 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
True, but that hasn't stopped many of the 99% who dislike hijabs from approving and defending the actions of the dirtbag who did do it. So ..... their approval and defense of the dirtbag doesn't speak very well for their character either.

As I mentioned before I have Muslim neighbors from India and a Turkish Muslim tennis partner. They make every effort to fit into our great country. Their children are raised to play with non-Muslim children.

I have a problem with people who make no effort to fit into and join our country, indeed hate our country, yet spoon off its benefits. And as we saw on 9/11, and more recently in Chattanooga and San Bernardino kill us. While there is not a perfect fit between the spouses of hijab wearers and terrorists it is likely to be closely correlative. We can deny all we want but we need to recognize reality, rather than fantasize that somehow militant Muslims are the equivalent of the Amish. They aren't.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:15 AM

35,002 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Quote:
Tashfeen Malik was not "masquerading" as a Muslim, she was a Muslim.

So were the 9/11 hijackers.

It's amazing, the lengths to which some will go to excuse Islam.

The word "Islam" means "submission," and Islam demands the murder or subjugation of all who do not "submit."

It is the religion of Islam itself that is the problem.

But of course, few people know anything about its history, or want to know.

Few know that Muslims attacked Christian Europe for 300 years before Christians finally responded by launching the Crusades.

Islam has been a violent, aggressive system of oppression ever since its founding 1400 years ago.

Islam does not believe in freedom and democracy, and therefore does not belong in this country.

Some who practice Islam are fundamentally un-American.
Then in that case, continue to let the media spoon feed you the lies you are eating up, you seem to believe in all of them.....
I edited the quoted post a little, to cut out some stuff that shouldn't have been included in your quote, and to change one word of Dechalet's post I don't fully agree with, but Cliftonpdx can you identify in the remaining parts which are lies?

Old 05-16-2016, 06:34 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yueng-ling View Post
Nobody should force others to do so. However I think hijab should be discouraged, and burqa should be banned.
I have no problems with women wearing hijabs, etc., if that's their choice. HOWEVER... If I have to remove my hat/scarf at TSA security checkpoints and other locations that do not allow headwear, hijabs/turbans (men) have to be removed, as well.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:49 AM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
You're the one who's drinking the Kool Aid, not me.

I actually read history books.

You should try that some time. It's obvious that you know nothing about the history of Islam.
Ah, is that it, guess you don't know much about any other religion then. They have all been used in bad ways, but that would require you to read some history about other religions. But it is easier for you to believe what is being spoon fed to you about Muslims, I get that, we all like it when things are easy.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Tashfeen Malik was not "masquerading" as a Muslim, she was a Muslim.

So were the 9/11 hijackers.

It's amazing, the lengths to which some will go to excuse Islam.

The word "Islam" means "submission," and Islam demands the murder or subjugation of all who do not "submit."

It is the religion of Islam itself that is the problem.

But of course, few people know anything about its history, or want to know.

Few know that Muslims attacked Christian Europe for 300 years before Christians finally responded by launching the Crusades.

Islam has been a violent, aggressive system of oppression ever since its founding 1400 years ago.

That will have to be changed.

About 20,000 nuclear weapons.

They should represent 0%.

The person targeted was a Muslim, not a Jew or a Christian.

Jews and Christians are not the problem, Muslims are.

Exactly.

Maybe if nobody had resisted Hitler, Hitler would have stopped his naughty behavior.

Yeah, right.

Islam is a "religion" of murder and oppression and it needs to be eliminated -- not just here but throughout the world.

Islam does not believe in freedom and democracy, and therefore does not belong in this country.

Those who practice Islam are fundamentally un-American.
I think it can be safely assumed that you're for banning Muslim immigrants. What exactly would you do about the natural born American citizens who are Muslim as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies