Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2016, 10:31 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Again condoning all Muslims based on the actions of a few is NO different than me denouncing the Catholic Church based on the hundredSlavery.ories of child rape and institutional cover up. The extremists are just that, extreme and hardly the majority. They interpret the Koran differently than most Muslims who do not believe in murder for those who do not submit.
Guess they dont interpret the Koran as the founder intended then, considering he was self admitted Murdering pediphile, who created a religian of subjugation and Skavery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 10:34 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Guess they dont interpret the Koran as the founder intended then, considering he was self admitted Murdering pediphile, who created a religian of subjugation and Skavery.
How much of the Koran have you read? How much of the Bible?

Old 05-16-2016, 02:23 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
You are correct, they do not all interpret the Koran the same. There are over 2 billion Muslims in the world. If they all interpret the Koran to demand they "murder or subjugation of all who do not 'submit'" as another claimed then we are left with 2 choices: either only a small percent actually interprets the Koran this way or they are really really bad shots. Because again if their religion insists on this course of action the rest of us would all be dead by now. Instead we have only a small percent of all Muslims acting this way but some of you want to insist they are all taught to behave this way and that is simply not true.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
You keep saying the same thing without addressing my points, specifically that you have no right to act upon others based on your thoughts on their beliefs. This applies to the KKK as well as the Muslim community.

A asked this question. Your points where made without addressing my question you keep dodging.

I'm not talking about my right to do what ever I wish to do, unless I'm dead or incarcerated for life and no one can stop me.

I have asked you personally, because it really is this black & white.
Which would you rather deal with?

Oppression and hate?
Liberty, forgiveness and tolerance?

Old 05-16-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
A asked this question. Your points where made without addressing my question you keep dodging.

I'm not talking about my right to do what ever I wish to do, unless I'm dead or incarcerated for life and no one can stop me.

I have asked you personally, because it really is this black & white.
Which would you rather deal with?

Oppression and hate?
Liberty, forgiveness and tolerance?

I avoided it because it didn't apply. Of course I would chose the 2nd option. The problem here it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. You want to imply Muslims are all hate and your religion is nothing but wonderful ideology. Again I reference child rape in your fantasy land of western religion and I will now bring up a Muslim I have worked with for 30 years who hasn't hurt anyone or demonstrated the hate you describe.

The point remains blanket statements about any members of a particular religion, any religion, is WRONG.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 05-16-2016 at 02:51 PM..

Old 05-16-2016, 02:33 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,560,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
How much of the Koran have you read? How much of the Bible?

I've read them. They are both awful.
In view of what are now considered universal human rights, the both of them are barbaric and repugnant. (Differently tho, because while pseudo-intellectuals claim all religions are equivalent they most certainly are not equivalent in effect, different beliefs lead to different outcomes).

Its sad that people still promote these ideologies and brainwash their children to do the same.
Fortunately, most religions are becoming more and more impotent (as arbiters of civil society) where populations are educated and literate.

Having sad that, people who wear their ideologies on their sleeve (eg by the clothes they wear such as a hijab etc.) will attract attention of people who are repulsed or angered by that ideology. If you wear an "abortion-is-murder" T-shirt, you are going to get some responses to that.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:51 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
My faith has me cover my hair ( although i am on break from covering right now). I cover with a Jewish Tichel or a scarf. (me attached)

I do it for modesty and religious beliefs.

There are many women who have covered for a long time that worry about will they be asked to uncover for something as simple as their drivers license picture...let alone some random stranger pulling it off!

People are weird over what they bicker about!
Attached Thumbnails
Man Rips Off Woman’s Hijab During Flight, Yells ‘This Is America’-11334051_470333753123601_4541718647801132204_o.jpg  

Old 05-16-2016, 02:51 PM

I asked the question because in my experience the loudest voices in debates of this nature are talking out of their _______. People are happy to perpetuate half-truths to serve their political ends, but the vast majority have no real information. It's all hearsay, but they'll claim they've read the Bible from cover to cover. And the same for the Koran. I'm certain that's rarely the truth.

Old 05-16-2016, 02:59 PM

I do not think it is necessary to have read the Koran and/or the Bible cover to cover in order to have an intelligent opinion. We all have a pretty good idea of their content. The fact is the Bible has dated, violent verses just as the Koran has dated, violent teachings. That does not mean those who follow either book adheres to every dated word in it.

Old 05-16-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I do not think it is necessary to have read the Koran and/or the Bible cover to cover in order to have an intelligent opinion. We all have a pretty good idea of their content. The fact is the Bible has dated, violent, passages just as the Koran has dated violent teachings. That does not mean those who follow either book adheres to ever dated word in it.
Agree with the bolded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies