Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 05:19 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Stats? The Quran has Stats? The same Quran that preaches intolerance, hate and death to all those that have strayed, not believing in the prophet Mohammad.

And Obama said, we would not lose our doctor.

You have to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood?
The ungodly man(Atheist) used all the evidence presented to his mind, to come to the conclusion that head wear was no different than a white hood associated with a lynching.
And Bush said no new taxes. Stay on point.

I think your strategy appears to be if you hammer away the same point over and over again eventually it will be true. Sorry friend debates do not work that way. I never claimed the Quran has stats, not sure where you got that. Just more strange words from the guy who keeps repeating the line about the KKK hood like Rainman. The Quran has no stats but we certainly have stats in the form of poll results.

I don't care what this "ungodly man" thinks because his opinion is not supported by the facts. Why you keep propping him up as some sort of hero speaks volumes about you. And the fact is the overwhelming majority of Muslims in America do not agree with the violence these terrorists are practicing and have not killed non-believers. So, as I have been explaining to you for 3 days now, obvious most Muslims in America do not subcribe to the extreme teaches of the Quran the way the terrorists do. Therefore it should be without question that it is wrong to treat them as if they do.

This really is not that hard to understand.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 05-18-2016 at 06:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It does.

They have.

The serious Muslims do.

They have killed or enslaved about 270 million people since Mohammed founded his "religion."

Their religion tells them to kill or subjugate all non-Muslims.

That's all I need to know.

Exactly.

Good questions!

If there are 8 million Muslims (with many more to come) in this country, then 7% means that 560,000 Muslims in this country are fine with suicide bombings.

Nice!

Are we preventing these more hardcore Muslims from moving here?

The answer is "no."
I understand there are a lot of radicals in this country and I am concerned as well. But it's still amazing that my point still falls on deaf ears. So at the risk of repeating myself I need to ask you a few questions for clarification:

If only 7% of Muslims here have this belief what give you or anyone else the right to treat every Muslim American as if they are part of that 7% when the fact is there is a 93% chance they are not a "serious Muslim"?

How is this biggoted behavior any different than the racist cop who beats up an AA teen because other AA teens are thugs?

If the Quoran teaches these passages as you said, and every Muslim appears to adhere to them as you imply, then why hasn't every Muslim in our country killed non-believers and attempted to take over our country?

Would the answer to that last question not confirm that the vast majority of Muslims here do not subscribe to those beliefs therefore it is wrong to treat them as if they do?

I'll hang up and listen to your answers.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 05-18-2016 at 06:52 AM..

Old 05-18-2016, 07:28 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
And Bush said no new taxes. Stay on point.

I think your strategy appears to be if you hammer away the same point over and over again eventually it will be true. Sorry friend debates do not work that way. I never claimed the Quran has stats, not sure where you got that. Just more strange words from the guy who keeps repeating the line about the KKK hood like Rainman. The Quran has no stats but we certainly have stats in the form of poll results.

I don't care what this "ungodly man" thinks because his opinion is not supported by the facts. Why you keep propping him up as some sort of hero speaks volumes about you. And the fact is the overwhelming majority of Muslims in America do not agree with the violence these terrorists are practicing and have not killed non-believers. So, as I have been explaining to you for 3 days now, obvious most Muslims in America do not subcribe to the extreme teaches of the Quran the way the terrorists do. Therefore it should be without question that it is wrong to treat them as if they do.

This really is not that hard to understand.

Don't ask a question like that, if you don't know the answer already!!
Litigation 101

I will repeat what has not been answered and is dodged.
You have to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood? You know exactly what would happen.

Old 05-18-2016, 09:53 AM

31,052 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
this is off topic, but may I ask (the part I bolded) where in the middle east this version of Islam is being taught? and where in Africa, for that matter?
Who knows. There is no commonality in Islam, what I practice is completely different than my neighbor. I practice the 5 Pillars so I use that as my basis in determining my faith, many do not.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:57 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
This dude's an *******. Lady probably was minding her own business and he has to pull this kind of crap. The kicker is that he probably calls himself a Christian...
No, they were fighting over something. Doesn't make it right, but people seem to hate facts on this forum. People don't want to read or discuss about an ethnic man pulling off a woman's hijab during an argument.

Racist white man assaulting innocent minority sounds way better.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Don't ask a question like that, if you don't know the answer already!!
Litigation 101

I will repeat what has not been answered and is dodged.
You have to wonder what the reaction would be, had the head covering, been a KKK hood? You know exactly what would happen.

I have already answered your question, repeatedly, but I'll do it again just so you can get back to my points. I think it is wrong to do this to anyone, this would be true if they are KKK, PETA or any other organization. To answer directly yes I think there would be more acceptance of doing this to a KKK guy because, again as I posted before, there is no interpretation of what that hood means. Everyone knows what it means. As we are seeing with this situation many of us understand that a Hijab is not automatically a symbol of hate and we understand the facts clearly show that person is not for sure trying to take over America, supporting terrorists activities, and mutilating their children. Again I reference the stat that you continue to avoid discussing: Only 7% of all Muslims in America support these attacks even mildly.

Now that I have satisfied your request please respond to the rest of my post. Better yet please supply your answers to the question I posed to dechatelet.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Thats going too far, but I dont get why Muslims want to live here.
Because this is their country just as it is for every US citizen.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Because this is their country just as it is for every US citizen.
Be prepared to argue this point. I'm not kidding.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:55 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
sigh so many Muslims have denounced that violence-- yet-- still harp on it - we have at least 1300 anti- government militias right here in the USA- all home grown- not sure of total membership- but definitely not the friendly bunch don't forget to include the gangs: There are approximately 850,000 as of 2012 . they are violent as well- criminals? well that's another #

Old 05-18-2016, 12:41 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,458,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet
I read history. You obviously do not.

Keep an eye on them, and make sure we don't admit any more Muslims to this country.
Yeah, check under your bed before retiring at night -- be afraid, be very afraid.

Fear, unfounded, irrational, paralysing fear is a trait of extremist American conservatives. Normal peoplw do not live in fear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew
About two-thirds (68%) of Republicans say Islam is more likely to encourage violence, little changed from September 2014 (67%), but the highest share saying this on a question that dates to 2002. In contrast, the share of Democrats associating Islam with violence has declined 12 percentage points since last year, from 42% to 30%.

Conservative Republicans are the only major ideological, demographic or religious group in which a majority (57%) says Muslims in this country should be subject to greater scrutiny than those in other religious groups. Majorities of moderate and liberal Republicans (59%), independents (62%), conservative and moderate Democrats (67%), and liberal Democrats (87%) say Muslims should not receive greater scrutiny solely because of their religion.
Quote:
Muslims spent 1,000 years trying to subjugate Europe and failed. They're just not very good fighters.
Christians tried the same and failed -- they are just "not very god fighters," huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashingtonPost
The Crusades lasted almost 200 years, from 1095 to 1291. The initial spark came from Pope Urban II, who urged Christians to recapture the Holy Land (and especially the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem) from Muslim rule. Like the promise of eternal life given to Muslim martyrs, Crusaders were promised absolution from sin and eternal glory.
Quote:
Pew polls show that large percentages of Muslims support killing or subjugating non-Muslims, even though most don't do it themselves.
I checked the Pew Web site. They do not show this to be true. Do you have a cite? Because without a cite, it's just your opinion

Quote:
If there are 8 million Muslims (with many more to come) in this country, then 7% means that 560,000 Muslims in this country are fine with suicide bombings.
"If?" You so-called "said" you "read history," but apparently not very deeply. You sound uncertain as to the accuracy of your figure. You should be. Where is your cite? Where and how did you come up with this number of 8 million?

According to Pew, that is simply not the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew
Pew Research Center estimates that there were about 3.3 million Muslims of all ages living in the United States in 2015. This means that Muslims made up about 1% of the total U.S. population (about 322 million people in 2015),
Not even half of what you posit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
sigh so many Muslims have denounced that violence-- yet-- still harp on it - we have at least 1300 anti- government militias right here in the USA- all home grown- not sure of total membership- but definitely not the friendly bunch don't forget to include the gangs: There are approximately 850,000 as of 2012 . they are violent as well- criminals? well that's another #
Well you have Donald "Widdle Widdle Girly Fingers" Trump lying about this and when caught in the lie, he mocked the disabled reporter who "outed" Trump's fabrication.

Truth does not ever matter to right wingers -- it inconveniences their lack of reason, their prejudices and their desire to just... lie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies