Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 04:21 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

This rapper Azealia Banks has been saying some of the most vile nasty stuff over the last couple of years, one of her latest jewels was saying that Sarah Palin should be gang raped by black men and I don't know how to say it politely, that she should be face raped essentially, but in much nastier terms.

I'm glad to see that she's finally getting some blowback from people for her disgusting things she was saying. She's going down the same route as Nina Simone if she's not careful, you keep saying stupid inflammatory and controversial things and you'll find yourself falling out of favor with people the more you annoy people.

This blowback most likely would have happened much faster if it had been a white dude saying stuff, but whatever, I've accepted that there is somewhat of a double standard in that department, but again, whatever that's not the main point of this thread.

Azealia Banks Apologizes To World For Racist, Sexist Tweets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 04:29 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Sorry, not good enough. She needs to be bankrupted and prosecuted at the very least.

Old 05-15-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Sorry, not good enough. She needs to be bankrupted and prosecuted at the very least.

I don't know if you read the article or not, but she got booted from the line up at some show in London. I think that is the real impetus for this "apology", you start getting gigs canceled and you start effecting your wallet along with who ever she working for her, you can get away with a lot of things, but you start goofing around with money and that sort of thing it gets people's attention. There's machinery at work behind the scenes with entertainment acts and a lot of people can be involved.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:31 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
She made the mistake of using a homosexual slur. Twitter was fine with her Sarah Palin comments.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She made the mistake of using a homosexual slur. Twitter was fine with her Sarah Palin comments.

Yeah, true. LOL, the gay community has really stepped up their game in terms of working toward preventing discrimination and intolerance.

I'm no Sarah Palin fan but you can't go around saying vile things like advocating rape toward her. That's just insane talk.

Last edited by Chowhound; 05-15-2016 at 05:51 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 05:53 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Prosecuted? For what?

Old 05-15-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Prosecuted? For what?
I will defend to the death her right to be an idiot. Well, maybe not that far,

Old 05-15-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I will defend to the death her right to be an idiot. Well, maybe not that far,
I'm not 100 percent sure how the right to free speech is defined, I thought that is was sorta tied to being able to speak in public without fear of repercussions, I don't want to go off on that tangent, but I too agree that people should be able to voice their thoughts, but when does those thoughts slip over into hate speech and it's a slippery slope in exactly how that's defined, I do like that because of her running her mouth off to the point that she's now seeing repercussions for it, again, we can speak our minds, but I remember one time a college professor was saying that just because we have free speech doesn't mean that we can be irresponsible with it or that there won't be consequences to what we say.

In this case she got her twitter account shutdown/suspended and got booted off of a concert venue. Just as she's got her opinions, other do too and she's seeing the result of that.

Old 05-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not 100 percent sure how the right to free speech is defined, I thought that is was sorta tied to being able to speak in public without fear of repercussions, I don't want to go off on that tangent, but I too agree that people should be able to voice their thoughts, but when does those thoughts slip over into hate speech and it's a slippery slope in exactly how that's defined, I do like that because of her running her mouth off to the point that she's now seeing repercussions for it, again, we can speak our minds, but I remember one time a college professor was saying that just because we have free speech doesn't mean that we can be irresponsible with it or that there won't be consequences to what we say.

In this case she got her twitter account shutdown/suspended and got booted off of a concert venue. Just as she's got her opinions, other do too and she's seeing the result of that.
I was defending her from prosecution not from private actions.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:02 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Who?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies