Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 10:36 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I bet Obama's daughters and wife won't be exposed to any of this but then they have secret service protecting them 24/7. He can talk all he wants and force people to accept anything he wants.
I honestly believe he thinks he is doing the right thing here. That he is champion to the rights of others. Just because he can not see the bigger picture on this issue is not his fault. He's blind ... but Christ can bring sight to those who are blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 11:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I honestly believe he thinks he is doing the right thing here. That he is champion to the rights of others. Just because he can not see the bigger picture on this issue is not his fault. He's blind ... but Christ can bring sight to those who are blind.
It's also an election year and this takes people's attention away from more important issues of the election.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
It's also an election year and this takes people's attention away from more important issues of the election.
imho, it brings more seriousness to the matter. The president has shown the people just how powerful the executive branch is and what it can do. It should cause people to pause and take notice and think about who they are voting into office. Not just the votes for the president, but for those of their congressmen and women too. More so on the later.

If he was any one else he would be up on charges of extortion, in telling state schools, allow or loose your funding. Honestly, if this doesn't get the states off the feds tit, nothing will. Ted Cruz: Ignore Obama's Opinion on Gender Identity

However, many states began putting their bathroom laws in motion, (several years ago) long before Obama chimed in with his two cents. NC went the opposite direction, thus started the national attention, that spurred Target to be trail blazers and later Obama.

Since the States are not in unison, (like Obamacare, etc) I'm sure the Supreme Court will be called in to settle the matter, thus bringing into the (Union) Federal Law. I don't know that the States have ever called a Constitutional Convention to put a stop to the run away train that is the executive office and retrieve powers they have lost over the years.

All I know is from the time the Constitution was signed, each president has been granted more and more powers through congress and not one session of congress since then, has attempted to put a stop to it. It isn't the presidents fault we live under a dictatorship/democracy, but congresses, because it is they who have aloud it to happen.

However, we the people still believe we live in a free country with the rights to our individual freedoms intact. And as long as we the people believe that, then it must be true.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:40 AM

6,230 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Good one. I'm am stumped because I am stupid. You rock. You are best. You must be God. I form religion based on you.

(this means I'll never take you seriously)

Don't misrepresent my point. The right wing hysteria is in response to something that doesn't actually exist. That was my point. No, I as a man, should not be able to walk into the ladies locker room. But transgendered person should be able to. When laws that allowed that popped up, laws saying the opposite started appearing or getting support, which is the only reason we care about what Target's bathroom policy is, or whatever.
If you have male genitalia, you're not transgender. That person may be intersex, or a feminized male, but I've had enough of this misogynistic notion that someone who desires to keep a male body is a woman.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:03 AM

Default Social evolution, enjoy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
If you have male genitalia, you're not transgender. That person may be intersex, or a feminized male, but I've had enough of this misogynistic notion that someone who desires to keep a male body is a woman.
I agree with you, however, it isn't the science, it's a state of mind and not the state of mind of the transgender, but of others. People are being reconditioned to understand human anatomy no longer defines a person's gender.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...3ee_story.html

"Millennials in both the United States and Europe are breaking free of gender roles and rejecting stereotypes. "

So here is the 'teachable moment' when a young girl and her mother, or visa versa are in a public but private facility, no longer can we say that a man just walks in to pee or a woman walks into pee and no longer are we to allow ourselves to be threatened by this, or think of this in any other term, but accept this non gender specific society that has been created for us.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:35 AM

117 posts, read 72,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Of course you are wrong. You are making the assumption that someone only took a different position than yours just so they could win a political battle against you.

Does it not cross your mind that people genuinely have different beliefs than you ????
Your tone and the words you chose made it sound like your real concern was pissing off people who differ with you politically, not the safety or dignity of women and children. You have a long history of getting so wrapped up in us vs them ideology that you can't see the trees through the forest.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:49 AM

117 posts, read 72,229 times
I'm fine with a tranny being a tranny and using whichever bathroom they like, so long as it's private, like everyone else.

What I'm not fine with is forcing children, or men and women to dress and shower together, as if there's no difference between males and females. It opens the door to all sorts of perversion, sexual predator situations and continues us down the unnatural path of pretending everyone is the same.

I'm also not fine with the idea of a 5 y/o suing the school because they demand special bathroom privileges for identifying as trans-gender. How can Progressives believe that a person is not capable of deciding whether or not to smoke cigarettes until they're 21 y/o (new law in California), then turn around and pretend that a 5 y/o is capable of making a decision about trans-gender assignments? That's not bravery and courage, that's horrible parenting, bordering on child abuse.

If a 13 y/o girl believes she's fat, despite being rail thin, the parents wouldn't get her lypo, they'd get her counseling. If a 9 y/o boy believes he's Black, despite being White, the parents wouldn't demand he be accepted into the African American students club and be accepted as Black by everyone in the club, they'd send him to therapy. Many children see themselves as things they're not and in every case except this new trans-gender nonsense, it's considered a mental illness that requires therapy and often times medication.

I know a guy at the local bar named Nick who recently became Nathalie. He flew to Thailand to have a sex change recently. Now he's back and he's dating a woman. He claims he's a lesbian who was trapped in a man's body. I have no problem with him doing whatever he likes, as he's an adult, but you will never convince me that going to Thailand to have your wiener sliced down the middle, rolled back up into your taint to form a vagina, taking hormones to grow b*tch t*ts and actively trying to get his period all so that he can come back and continue dating women, but now as a lesbian, is not some form of mental health issue.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:54 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
What? No one wants to post about the other victims?
Reminds me the argument that homosexuality causes teenage pregnancy. Yes, I'm just old enough to remember this one.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Reminds me the argument that homosexuality causes teenage pregnancy. Yes, I'm just old enough to remember this one.
If the numbers begin to rise again among teen pregnancies, we may want to revisit this argument then.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:32 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg-MAMvkplE

Not sure if that is a good title of the post on youtube. Who in their right mind didn't know this would hurt women? How can people talk about our rape culture and then push this on women?
Why aren't you worried about pedophiles molesting your young sons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies