Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:49 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,972 times

Advertisements

This has been cornerstone of his adminstration, discord and divisiveness among Americans. The hypocrisy of his administration does not conform to the premise/message of his campaign of unifying the country, hence, has been one of the most polarizing Presidents in modern history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 10:53 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty
Thankfully this idiot will be gone in 8 months.
We can only hope so!!

There are still people who say "I think Obama has good ideas,he just could not get them thru congress"

GIMME A BREAK.... THIS FOOL DOES WHATEVER HE WANTS EVEN W/O CONGRESS SAYING ITS OK!!

Old 05-20-2016, 01:11 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
A basic pillar of Liberalism is hypocrisy. They are to a man hypocrites. I did some work for one of our wonderful Democratic State politicians who shall remain nameless because his money was good. He was always standing up with lemmings screaming about global warming and using less energy ect. I built a pool house for him and remodeled a basement. He had a heated driveway with a 300,000 BTU boiler just to melt the snow off the driveway in the winter. That would heat two normal sized homes. In the garage was a Porche Cayenne Turbo and a big BMW sedan. And the house was at least 10,000 sq ft for 2 people. Not to mention the outdoor heated pool.

Edit: I forgot to mention the out of place Prius in the garage too. He drove that to work for appearance sake.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 05-20-2016 at 01:23 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 01:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Yeah what a hypocrite, I bet he also likes Pink Floyd's "The Wall," and it wouldn't surprise me either if he was a fan of John Wall.

That's right. He IS a flaming hypocrite, no matter how much you try to pretend he isn't.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the U.S. Secret Service's decision to make the fence taller...the fence that was already there, regardless of what the POTUS says or who's in the Oval Office.

But yeah, I suppose that part is not important for the sake of the narrative.
Do you actually believe Obama couldn't stop the WH fence change? ROFLMAO

Old 05-20-2016, 01:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A basic pillar of Liberalism is hypocrisy. They are to a man hypocrites. I did some work for one of our wonderful Democratic State politicians who shall remain nameless because his money was good. He was always standing up with lemmings screaming about global warming and using less energy ect. I built a pool house for him and remodeled a basement. He had a heated driveway with a 300,000 BTU boiler just to melt the snow off the driveway in the winter. That would heat two normal sized homes. In the garage was a Porche Cayenne Turbo and a big BMW sedan. And the house was at least 10,000 sq ft for 2 people. Not to mention the outdoor heated pool.
Firstly, is it really hard to see the difference between a security fence and a border wall? The President, no matter who he is, makes a lot of enemies, and a certain level of security is generally needed (not to mention the decision was probably not even made by Obama). And in most cases, it's seen a pretty effective. There are plenty of questions about if Trump's 1,000 mile long border wall will be cost effective. That's the difference.

And yes, most liberal politicians are hypocrites, but that's not a result of liberalism. It's the result of being a politician. Former Republican speaker of the house, Dennis Haster, would championed family values is being charged with child molestation. Newt Gringrich who cherishes traditional marriages because of the Bible has been divorced twice (Jesus never mentions gay marriage but mentions divorce quite a lot). Is this not also hypocrisy? That hypocrisy comes with power, not an ideology.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:25 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
I think you are right, this isn't a decision the executive office makes probably. But I am sure he can stop it if he wanted to(whether legally or just persuasively). It is very bad timing about this wall, they couldn't wait? Even pro Obama, pro open illegal immigration folks have to admit, this White House wall update is very badly timed. I mean it almost a sounds like something out of a comedy show.
He should try to stop it to appease a bunch of people on the internet?

Nah.

The timing isn't because of Obama's decision, the timing is because of the Secret Service. They can feel free to take up their grievances with them, although I'm sure they wouldn't get far.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you actually believe Obama couldn't stop the WH fence change? ROFLMAO
Again, it's not his decision, and why would he? So people on the internet will stop crying? Please. Hey, why stop there? Why not just take down the fence, altogether? And let's take away the security detail the POTUS and his/her family has, since every other American doesn't have their own security detail. YEAH.

I would think people would be smart enough to understand the differences and reasoning between extending a fence around The White House and building a wall along thousands of miles at the border.

Probably wishful thinking, to be honest.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:32 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Again, it's not his decision, and why would he? So people on the internet will stop crying? Please. Hey, why stop there? Why not just take down the fence, altogether? And let's take away the security detail the POTUS and his/her family has, since every other American doesn't have their own security detail. YEAH.

I would think people would be smart enough to understand the differences and reasoning between extending a fence around The White House and building a wall along thousands of miles at the border.

Probably wishful thinking, to be honest.
Either fences/walls work or they do not.

If they are a waste of money, Obama should cancel the fence change at the WH in order to not waste money.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:33 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Something you might enjoy reading=
Obama has deported more immigrants than any other president. Now he’s running up the score. | Fusion

As for Trumps wall? a total waste of time and money as the illegal demographic will just go around it,over it or under it.Walls can work in certain applications like around the White House or around Prisons, building one on the order of 1500 miles between Mexico and the USA isnt a prudent course of action.If you want to rid the country of illegals massive enforcement of laws already in place is whats needed.
No, Obama hasn't deported more people. His Admin changed the definition of "deport" to include what were previously known as 'returns'. This greatly exaggerated the number of 'deportations' that were happening. The statement that he has deported more than anyone is totally bogus. You're being lied to.

I have educated Leftists dozens of times on this issue.

As for walls/fences.. they work. They built a fence south of San Diego when I was stationed there. Illegal immigration there dropped dramatically. Fences work. That's why they are making the fence around the White House taller. It's also why there are millions of fences and walls all around the world... because they work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies