Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 03:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
How noble of you.

That's still doesn't give you the right to be a genitalia inspector at public restrooms.

Why are you letting your little girl shower naked with adults alone? That would be your first mistake.

Does one really think this will be allowed to happen in reality... Neither do I.
There are strict laws on the books for a man exposing his junk to a woman or child.
What ever happened to the urbanlife? Why change the name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 04:21 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I went to a grades 7-12 school. They exist. Students range in age from 12 to 19. A 12 year old is a minor. A 19 year old is an adult in regards to FELONY indecent exposure laws.
That is rare these days, most high schools start at 9th grade, not 7th grade. Also, most high schools don't have the 9th graders doing gym the same time as 12th graders

Actually back when I was in high school, gym wasn't even a requirement for 11th and 12th grades.

Also, if your child's high school has 19yr old adults exposing themselves to children in the locker rooms, I would suggest finding a high school that didn't allow that kind of age mingling.

Though somehow I am betting this outrage is completely fictional and not based on any real high school in the US.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Does one really think this will be allowed to happen in reality... Neither do I.
There are strict laws on the books for a man exposing his junk to a woman or child.
What ever happened to the urbanlife? Why change the name?
Then what is the problem, a man can't expose his penis to women in public, then why the need to inspect people's genitalia when they enter a restroom?

Not sure what the last part means? Was that meant for someone else? This thread seems to be about genitalia inspections, not urban life, there are plenty of public bathrooms in the suburbs too.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:39 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:
Why are you letting your little girl shower naked with adults alone? That would be your first mistake.
Quote:
Then how are these random adults showering with little children? And what messed up school let's adults get naked in front of children? I definitely wouldn't be sending my children there.
Quote:
Also, if your child's high school has 19yr old adults exposing themselves to children in the locker rooms, I would suggest finding a high school that didn't allow that kind of age mingling.
The DoE letter does bar discrimination in the use of bathrooms and shower facilities. That would include age discrimination.
The school could, in theory, use trespassing laws to bar adults from showering with minor children, but they cannot use age. If an adult is otherwise allowed on school property, they cannot be barred from a restroom or showers just on the basis of their age.

I suspect you attended school in an unusual area, but every place I attended or coached (California, Iowa, Illinois, Oregon, Missouri), 7th through 12th graders all had access to the high school locker room facilities for after school sports. This is a very common practice.

Old 05-17-2016, 04:40 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
I believe it is covered under life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So you remember any bathrooms requiring to inspect your genitalia before you were allowed to enter?

So no, the 10th amendment is not violated.
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is text from the Declaration of Independence, NOT the United States Constitution.

EDIT --- I should have read past this post of your before composing this post, as other members already made my point.

Last edited by RMESMH; 05-17-2016 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Added EDIT

Old 05-17-2016, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Then what is the problem, a man can't expose his penis to women in public, then why the need to inspect people's genitalia when they enter a restroom?

Not sure what the last part means? Was that meant for someone else? This thread seems to be about genitalia inspections, not urban life, there are plenty of public bathrooms in the suburbs too.

That is just it... It wasn't a problem and it was already taking place. Then these freaks of nature want to announce to the world what their intentions are. Say what???? It was working fine for you before you came out of the closet(no one was arrested that I know of). They were using what ever bathroom they were dressed for that day. So what!!! Common Sense!

That what you don't know won't hurt you deal. let a sleeping dog lie... Oh hell no... hear me roar and the got an unintended reaction from some people that want to go to the extremes of the spectrum.
Now force is being implemented and the only thing force causes, is resentment and nothing good comes from resentment.

The bathroom law is another "feel good law" that can never be enforced, so relax. They brought it upon themselves and it will calm down if they let it.

We all know you are urbanlife, except ibgennie. I personally do not care, but others will report it. Your ban will just be longer

Old 05-17-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
That is just it... It wasn't a problem and it was already taking place. Then these freaks of nature want to announce to the world what their intentions are. Say what???? It was working fine for you before you came out of the closet(no one was arrested that I know of). They were using what ever bathroom they were dressed for that day. So what!!! Common Sense!

That what you don't know won't hurt you deal. let a sleeping dog lie... Oh hell no... hear me roar and the got an unintended reaction from some people that want to go to the extremes of the spectrum.
Now force is being implemented and the only thing force causes, is resentment and nothing good comes from resentment.

The bathroom law is another "feel good law" that can never be enforced, so relax. They brought it upon themselves and it will calm down if they let it.

We all know you are urbanlife, except ibgennie. I personally do not care, but others will report it. Your ban will just be longer
By freaks, you mean people who wish to inspect the genitalia of others in order for them to use the restrooms, then yes, I agree with you.

Transgender people have been using the restroom they identify with for as long as there have been transgender. Why this is an issue now is probably because it is meant to be a distraction from real issues because which bathroom a person used isn't an issue.

You can make as much noise as you want, no one is going to let you become a genitalia inspector because that is creepy and weird and unnecessary. Also, if you find yourself wanting to look at other people's genitalia in the bathroom, then I suggest you hold it until you are home where you can use the bathroom in private rather than violating other people's privacy.

You are right, right wingers can't enforce a bathroom law, but that doesn't stop them from trying to turn this into a big issue. It makes you wonder what conservatives are really trying to distract you from.

Last time I checked, I wasn't any other member. So I don't know what you are talking about, but honestly, it isn't really my problem.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:13 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
No, that is because I don't think any form of government or business or person should be allowed to inspect anyone's genitalia for them to use the restroom.

Not sure why you want anyone looking at your genitalia to make sure you are using the correct restroom.
IMO, this isn't the point that most people have an issue with, and it is my belief that you know that and you just don't care. From what I can see, the issue more people have a problem with is the locker room/showers part of the issue, not the restroom part of the issue.

If you support Lynch's (and thus Obama's) position on this, why do you think (re the shower/locker room part of the issue) that the feelings re comfort, the feelings re safety, and the ability to maintain modesty of non gender dysphoric teenage girls and boys (who certainly outnumber transgender boys and girls by a very wide margin) are less important than the same re transgender teens ?

Old 05-17-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:

Transgender people have been using the restroom they identify with for as long as there have been transgender. Why this is an issue now is probably because it is meant to be a distraction from real issues because which bathroom a person used isn't an issue.

You tell me, and we will both know.

That is the million dollar question nobody seems to be able to answer.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
IMO, this isn't the point that most people have an issue with, and it is my belief that you know that and you just don't care. From what I can see, the issue more people have a problem with is the locker room/showers part of the issue, not the restroom part of the issue.

If you support Lynch's (and thus Obama's) position on this, why do you think (re the shower/locker room part of the issue) that the feelings re comfort, the feelings re safety, and the ability to maintain modesty of non gender dysphoric teenage girls and boys (who certainly outnumber transgender boys and girls by a very wide margin) are less important than the same re transgender teens ?
Seeing that the chance of anyone seeing a transgender person in a locker room or shower with their genitalia exposed is next to no chance of happening to them, this is still a non-issue. If this is an issue for some, then maybe we shouldn't be allowing children to get naked in front of each other to begin with.

Quote:
You tell me, and we will both know.

That is the million dollar question nobody seems to be able to answer.
Then why is there this need to pass unenforceable bathroom bans by Republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies