Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Why does that matter? I don't see white families fleeing white neighborhoods because white females are shooting at and killing other whites in large numbers. See what I mean?
For the same reason that it matters to you to skip to another point once you cannot defend a current point of contention. See what I mean? You said you cannot blame YT. I pointed out that black neighborhoods are largely the creation of YT because blacks integrated with YT but YT did not want to and tried to keep blacks out then fled when they could not. Detroit used to be a majority white city....blacks integrated and whites vacated. White people learned their culture through cultural immersion. In other words, they lived together in communities and essentially, become one culture, whether they were Irish, Polish, German, Anglo, Italian, etc. They originally had their enclaves then assimilated together. When blacks tried to merge into this culture.......it was resisted and when laws made it illegal to resist, whites fled, thus creating the "ghettos" that you now throw stones at for being so different. See what I mean? Feel free to jump to another point knowing that the facts of this point are clear and irrefutable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 11:24 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
For the same reason that it matters to you to skip to another point once you cannot defend a current point of contention. See what I mean?
No, I don't. Blacks are fleeing Black neighborhoods because of all of the Black on Black shooting and killing. You wanted to counter that point by giving white women as an example. So... show us where whites are fleeing white neighborhoods because of a high number of white women shooting and killing other whites.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
No, I don't. Blacks are fleeing Black neighborhoods because of all of the Black on Black shooting and killing. You wanted to counter that point by giving white women as an example. So... show us where whites are fleeing white neighborhoods because of a high number of white women shooting and killing other whites.
Nope....not going to continue to follow your misdirection and obfuscation. What I am noting is action reaction. Specifically, I am noting how the black condition of higher levels of dysfunction is a reaction from and to historical actions of whites.

PS. It appears you can only deal with one sentence at a time.....and cannot handle a whole paragraph or more. You must think this is twitter or something....lol....or you just cannot handle more than one thought at a time.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Nope....not going to continue to follow your misdirection and obfuscation.
It's not misdirection or obfuscation. It's a point to point comparison, and YOU picked YOUR OWN counterexample.

Since YOU wanted to counter the point by giving white women as an example, show us where whites are fleeing white neighborhoods because of a high number of white women shooting and killing other whites.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:40 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,253,304 times
Quote:
How can you honestly say that given that just under a million Whites gave their lives in the Civil War to abolish slavery?

This "blame Whitey" shtick is getting old. Especially since there never would have been any Atlantic slave trade or Black slaves in the Americas if AFRICANS hadn't captured and sold other Africans into slavery.

Slavery in Africa predates slavery in the Americas by thousands of years, and STILL continues to this day.
You need to start being honest with your "facts". According to the Civil War Trust, "Approximately 620,000 soldiers died from combat, accident, starvation, and disease during the Civil War." That's hardly "just under a million". You're off by 380,000. And, making you data even more slanted is the fact that a majority of those deaths -- approximately 380,000 -- were Confederate soldiers, who were hardly giving their lives "to abolish slavery".

Old 05-19-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You need to start being honest with your "facts". According to the Civil War Trust, "Approximately 620,000 soldiers died from combat, accident, starvation, and disease during the Civil War." That's hardly "just under a million". You're off by 380,000. And, making you data even more slanted is the fact that a majority of those deaths -- approximately 380,000 -- were Confederate soldiers, who were hardly giving their lives "to abolish slavery".
The point IS that Black slavery in Africa predates Black slavery in the U.S. by thousands of years, and still continues to this day.

Go to the SOURCE of the problem: AFRICANS capturing and selling other Africans into slavery for thousands of years. Without that, the Atlantic slave trade could not have existed.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
The point IS that Black slavery in Africa predates Black slavery in the U.S. by thousands of years, and still continues to this day.

Go to the SOURCE of the problem: AFRICANS capturing and selling other Africans into slavery for thousands of years. Without that, the Atlantic slave trade could not have existed.
Lol....that is NOT the point. That is misdirection. If your loved one is being raped by one person and another person jumps in on the rape....is that second person exempt from charges in any court of law, moral or otherwise? "your honor....the person was being raped before I got there....why am I when I did not start it, I just participated and continued it. None of this would have happened if not for the other guy doing it first and inspiring me". That is just asinine thinking....but leave it to Beaver. Would you be okay with that line of reasoning if the judge let someone off who participated in the gang rape of your loved one? That is THE POINT. You would not use your current reasoning for any wrong committed against you or your family, but you would use that assassin reasoning on people you don't like and don't give a damn about. You have no intellectual integrity or honesty. Apply reasoning that you would use for yourself.....not reasoning that is reserved for people you dislike. If the second person used that defense in a case that impacted YOU.....you would be saying the exact same thing we are telling you.....but even more so and you KNOW IT.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 05-19-2016 at 01:22 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 04:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
First off, what I'm going to say is only my opinion, as someone who grew up as a non-black minority, but I did live in a lot of predominantly black areas. So this is my observation.

I think government interference actually harms the black community more often than not. First, racial profiling is real, and once you have a criminal record, you're pretty much ruined for life in terms of getting a good job or finding a good place to live. So, what often happens is that you're apprehended by the cops for having a bit of herb on you, and boom, you've got a record.

Now, someone mentioned entrepreneurship. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to legally start a business, and especially in blue states/cities, every damn thing is so over regulated, and you need a bunch of licences to do practically anything, so it makes it very expensive and difficult to start a business legally at all, much less start hiring from the local community. This hurts many would-be entrepreneurs, and those in the black community are no exception.

Ending the war on victimless crimes, cracking down on racial profiling and police abuse of authority, and letting small businesses start and operate without government-set barriers (in many areas, you need a licence just to do hair...that's ridiculous), and that will help make a positive difference.
There's no such thing as victimless crime. Often times once once gets away with minor crime they feel embolden to try their hand ad more serious crimes.

Old 05-20-2016, 04:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
Get rid of the poverty and the crimes shift from the street to the boardroom. We will always have some people that would rather steal than buy.

As I said earlier we all need a Marshall Plan to rebuild this country and economy. We have tried letting business run the place and they have allowed the roads etc. to deteriorate and the water supplies to fail while the economy makes a few wealthy and impoverishes everyone else. This includes people of all races and politics.

Remember the moneymen do not create wealth they only take it from the many and give it, for a considerable fee, to the few. This has to be reversed.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Lol....that is NOT the point.
Actually, it IS. Black slavery in Africa predates Black slavery in the U.S. by thousands of years, and still continues to this day.

And not much has changed... Blacks here in America are shooting and killing other Blacks in extremely high numbers. "Whitey" isn't the problem. Blacks are their own worst enemy. Then... and now. Maybe try getting it together and stop incessantly victimizing each other worse than anyone else does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies